United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Milan didn't look that great.

If United get stuck in like they did against Roma and the scum did in their comeback in 2005 then they are vunerable.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Billy Baroo

attack

attack

attack attack attack

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

All about Kaka with Milan it seems. I think the rest of the team isa bit past its best. If we attack I don't think they're the greatest at the back and the midfield has lost a bit since we played 'em a coupla years ago. If we handle Kaka we should win.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

There really shouldn't be a problem with Inzaghi.

Get tight on Seedorf and that will stifle them too.

Their full backs could leave space for Ronaldo and Rooney.

As for Hargreaves, he looked very ordinary, but I'm not judging him on one game.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
dakpul

if fletch is fit he can man mark kaka all day long, leaving carrick/scholes to attack.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
There really shouldn't be a problem with Inzaghi.

Get tight on Seedorf and that will stifle them too.

Their full backs could leave space for Ronaldo and Rooney.

As for Hargreaves, he looked very ordinary, but I'm not judging him on one game.
Never been a fan of Seedorf and Inzaghi shouldn't present too many problems as he's rather ordinary in my opinion. Not sure if Gilardino would start up front if fit though. I think their defence as a whole can be got at, Maldini's coming to the end of his career, Nesta seems to have gone backwards and the fullbacks are ordinary.

As to Hargreaves, as I said we're gonna sign him so we might as well get used to the fact. He wasn't good last night but like De Rossi on Tuesday it was part of an appalling team performance, I'd still sign either.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Never been a fan of Seedorf and Inzaghi shouldn't present too many problems as he's rather ordinary in my opinion. Not sure if Gilardino would start up front if fit though. I think their defence as a whole can be got at, Maldini's coming to the end of his career, Nesta seems to have gone backwards and the fullbacks are ordinary.

As to Hargreaves, as I said we're gonna sign him so we might as well get used to the fact. He wasn't good last night but like De Rossi on Tuesday it was part of an appalling team performance, I'd still sign either.
That's true enough re; Hargreaves and De Rossi.

Fletcher could do a job against Kaka, but I'd rather see Neville mark him like Sallyhamoditch did last night.
When is Neville back?

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Next Tuesday apparently.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Awesome. Is there any chance Vidic will be back for May?

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Awesome. Is there any chance Vidic will be back for May?
Who knows? It's unlikely our Physios do given their recent record.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Dare I say it but if Fletcher played like he played against Roma, I'd rather him and Carrick in the middle to be honest. If they stand still and try and play the passing game then Milan might be better suited to it, like the last Milan game.
They played around Scholes and Keane.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
thatsfuctit

whenever i see or hear of Inzaghi it makes me chuckle when i remember Jaap saying how scared he was when Pippo threatened him..

what was the quote?

BTW he is a great finisher - but a @#%&!

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Billy Baroo

yep, my main fear would be the fullbacks that played on tuesday

despite a fantastic team display Heinze and O'Shea misplaced passes and gave it away all night

pie never gets tight and allows crosses in, heinze dives in or gets caught wildly out of position

i'm glad wesley has found some form, i was very worried about vidic being out but i'm less concerned now

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Inzaghi shouldn't present too many problems as he's rather ordinary in my opinion.
He still gets alot of (spawny) goals though, so underestimate him at your peril.

As The Murderers showed, if you get at Milan, you stand a very good chance of beating them, and beating them well. Their team is essentially the same as 2 years ago only older, so a fast pass-and-move attacking team is going to scare the shit out of them. There's no point in treating them with too much respect - they're probably already quaking in their boots having seen us on Tuesday night, and we might as well capitalise on that.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
El Calafate

"Inzaghi was born offside", is my favourite fergie quote. nft.

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:59 AM
DinGbAt

Inzaghi is just the kind of player to cause our defence problems. The little bugger has a way of coaxing a mistake out of the defence or just being in the right place at the right time. You can bet if Van Der Sar palms another shot out it will land right at Inzaghi's feet.

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
That's true enough re; Hargreaves and De Rossi.

Fletcher could do a job against Kaka, but I'd rather see Neville mark him like Sallyhamoditch did last night.
When is Neville back?
I think people need to appreciate how fast Kaka is.

I'm worried about Milan. They're not what they used to be, but they saw off Bayern away without much trouble.

Still reckon we'll do 'em mind.

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I think people need to appreciate how fast Kaka is.

I'm worried about Milan. They're not what they used to be, but they saw off Bayern away without much trouble.

Still reckon we'll do 'em mind.
kaka is very quick, but if fletch gets into him and starts bullying him he will loose interest, it happened in the world cup.

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
kaka is very quick, but if fletch gets into him and starts bullying him he will loose interest, it happened in the world cup.
Fletcher couldn't bully my gran.

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Fletcher couldn't bully my gran.
Why what did she do?
Closed Thread