Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Butts are a @#%&!s trick
g**ts

Unread 03-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
everyone weighing into this needs to grow the £#%&! up tbh. the likes of shearer and souness taking the moral high ground ffs
Obviously worse than SOP kicking Lennon in the head and threatening not to go to the world cup if he got charged.

Unread 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Grimson

Er, how about Luke Edwards in The Telegraph:

He is not the first player or manager to have risen from a working-class background to achieve fame and fortune in football, but he is perhaps one of the few who has been unable to adapt his behaviour accordingly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...g-his-age.html

Unread 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Er, how about Luke Edwards in The Telegraph:

He is not the first player or manager to have risen from a working-class background to achieve fame and fortune in football, but he is perhaps one of the few who has been unable to adapt his behaviour accordingly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...g-his-age.html
Yeah I read that, I found the whole tone of the article quite odd. I don't know who Luke Edwards is but he reads like he's trying to be some 60 year old sage who has seen it all when in fact he's a spotty erk just out of journo school

Unread 03-03-2014, 03:18 PM
92ToBury

Intimidate a referee, abuse a fellow manager and you get a slap on the wrist but these precious @#%&!s want blood now he's touched a player. vs2c

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Intimidate a referee, abuse a fellow manager and you get a slap on the wrist but these precious @#%&!s want blood now he's touched a player. vs2c
The line between acceptable and unacceptable in football is a very strange one.

He's almost certainly going to get a harsher punishment than Suarez got for being a racist @#%&!.

Suarez himself got a worse punishment for biting then he did for the racist abuse.

If a player nuts another on the pitch it's a 3 game ban. I'm not sure why it should be different for a manager.

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

If a player nuts another on the pitch it's a 3 game ban. I'm not sure why it should be different for a manager.
Lokkers - maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

Players are constantly kicking, colliding into, and physically competing with other players. Of course they shouldn't let the red mist descend, but naturally it's going to from time to time.

There's no excuse for a manager getting into a physical confrontation with a player. When he does, the punishment should be MUCH worse than for a player.

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Lok

Quote:

Players are constantly kicking, colliding into, and physically competing with other players. Of course they shouldn't let the red mist descend, but naturally it's going to from time to time.

There's no excuse for a manager getting into a physical confrontation with a player. When he does, the punishment should be MUCH worse than for a player.
He'd just physically collided with a player.

Do you think it should be worse because he's in a perceived position of power?

I don't buy into it tbh, a headbutt on a football pitch is a headbutt on a football pitch. The victim feels the same pain, kids are equally outraged etc... It's all the same to me.

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He'd just physically collided with a player.

Do you think it should be worse because he's in a perceived position of power?

I don't buy into it tbh, a headbutt on a football pitch is a headbutt on a football pitch. The victim feels the same pain, kids are equally outraged etc... It's all the same to me.
No, it should be worse because he's not physically involved in the game, so he's not retaliating, protecting himself, standing up for himself, etc - all excuses a player could reasonably make. And in this case it wasn't part of the game or on the pitch, and he could easily have avoided the collision if he'd wanted to.

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Lok

Quote:
No, it should be worse because he's not physically involved in the game, so he's not retaliating, protecting himself, standing up for himself, etc - all excuses a player could reasonably make. And in this case it wasn't part of the game or on the pitch, and he could easily have avoided the collision if he'd wanted to.
I'm far from his biggest fan and he probably could have moved out of the way, but he was retaliating to being pushed.

I fail to see the difference.

I could understand if he'd nutted someone in the crowd or an official, that would be different.

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

I think Newcastle should sack the @#%&! but I can se why they haven't I suppose.

But the way this #@&%! and one or two other managers stand on the touchline shouting at the officials, appealing for fouls and £#%&!ing throw-ins, fielding the ball, talking to opposition substitutes, getting in the way is ridiculous and needs stopping.

I still say they need to put a clock on the £#%&!ers and give them a set time per game that they can stand in the technical area. 15 minutes should do it, plus natural stoppages in play for subs and injuries. After that you sit the £#%&! down, and that can be on the bench or in the £#%&!ing stands, it's your choice.

Allardyce would still have time to laugh in chico's face

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'm far from his biggest fan and he probably could have moved out of the way, but he was retaliating to being pushed.

He's not allowed to retaliate.

He also deliberately got in the player's way, of course, letting the ball roll through his legs as the player was chasing it, as he has a right to do.

Anyway I hate him, but I don't think he should get sacked for it, just punished more than a player would. I guess the question I'd ask is that if it's so understandable, why have hundreds of players nutted other players, but this is the first time I can think of a manager doing it?

Unread 03-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Lok

Quote:
He's not allowed to retaliate.

He also deliberately got in the player's way, of course, letting the ball roll through his legs as the player was chasing it, as he has a right to do.
Neither are players.

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Neither are players.
No, but it's no surprise when it happens as a natural result of physical competition. Hence why there have been thousands of butts from players over the years.

I'm not seeing your rationale for why a manager, with decades of experience and multiple levels of education, licensing, certification etc, shouldn't be held to a higher standard than a player.

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Lok

Quote:
No, but it's no surprise when it happens as a natural result of physical competition. Hence why there have been thousands of butts from players over the years.

I'm not seeing your rationale for why a manager, with decades of experience and multiple levels of education, licensing, certification etc, shouldn't be held to a higher standard than a player.
Because they're both just people making a bad decision.

Giggs has more experience and coaching certificates than pretty much every player, if he nutted someone on the pitch (as a player), should he get a bigger punishment than if Januzaj did it?

I understand what you're saying but it's all the same to me.

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

I could understand if he'd nutted someone in the crowd or an official, that would be different.
I don't get people like Savage and Hansen on MOTD saying it was 'completely unprovoked' behaviour. The Hull player shoved him. Okay his reaction was poor and should be punished, but it's not as if he just wandered up to someone and stuck a nut on them for no reason.

He should get a ban, but the hysteria around it is crazy. Savage saying it makes his position untenable ffs

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Because they're both just people making a bad decision.

Giggs has more experience and coaching certificates than pretty much every player, if he nutted someone on the pitch (as a player), should he get a bigger punishment than if Januzaj did it?

I understand what you're saying but it's all the same to me.

They're people at very different stages of life.

When Giggs is on the pitch he's a player, not a coach. Same punishment.

Players are barely adults and many have their housing, bills, cars, taxes, etc all sorted by their club. They don't control their own daily schedule. Their agents control their finances. In all of society, I'm not sure you could come up with a lower common denominator for behavioral standards than footballers.

All opinions though. I don't think Pardew should get sacked but I do think he should get a huge ban.

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
They're people at very different stages of life.

When Giggs is on the pitch he's a player, not a coach. Same punishment.

Players are barely adults and many have their housing, bills, cars, taxes, etc all sorted by their club. They don't control their own daily schedule. Their agents control their finances. In all of society, I'm not sure you could come up with a lower common denominator for behavioral standards than footballers.

All opinions though. I don't think Pardew should get sacked but I do think he should get a huge ban.
Really? How many games?

Big Mou got two for the eye gouge in Spain but that was later lifted

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

The managers get every bit as passionate as the players. Give or take.

Unread 03-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

the point really is that manager is not an active part of the game on the pitch and should not interfere in any way shape or form with any part of the game as it is in progress, including getting in the way of the players or the ball

their sole purpose for entering the technical area should be to give specific instructions as and when required.

they should not be allowed to stand there as £#%&!ing cheerleaders, shouting at officials and trying to influence the game in any other way whatsoever other than by those specific instructions. a timer has to be placed on their appearances in that technical area.
Closed Thread