United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No, I commented and complained plenty about LvG; his signings, who he sold, the 3-5-2, players he preferred etc. It was all just brushed under the carpet as I blamed the players for being shit and not getting it as much as I blamed his mistakes though and because I could see what he was trying to implement and thought it was worth sticking with to see if it could be properly implemented and improve. Sometimes it takes a bit of pain to get something really good, which he had produced everywhere he had been previously.

I don't see anything that Mourinho is doing as worth sticking with, and it's f***ing painful to watch, and the end product at best is bullying percentage football that lasts short term only. Great.
So many contractions...
You blamed his signings and blamed him for the players he sold, yet his signings are now allowed a free ride with you why exactly?

"Sometimes it takes a bit of pain to get something good"
I don't have to add anymore...

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is it?

I agree that some of the big games have been dreadful, but I've quite enjoyed a lot of games this season and last.
Really? Have you? or have you enjoyed the results a lot of the time and the occasional goal glut against a tired defence after a tedious game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
So many contractions...
You blamed his signings and blamed him for the players he sold, yet his signings are now allowed a free ride with you why exactly?

"Sometimes it takes a bit of pain to get something good"
I don't have to add anymore...
I don't allow any of them a free ride, I'd have changed 8 players in each of the last 2 summers.

Nothing Mourinho produces is something good. That's the point. They might win trophies using cynical, efficient football, but I don't want to watch a team of bullies, thanks.

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Really? Have you? or have you enjoyed the results a lot of the time and the occasional goal glut against a tired defence after a tedious game.
So even goal gluts aren’t good enough under mourinho. How does an opposition defence get tired after a tedious game btw? Why couldn’t united produce such goal gluts under van gaal? Were the games not tedious enough to tire opposition defences out?

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:33 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Really? .
Yes, that’s why I wrote it

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
So even goal gluts aren’t good enough under mourinho. They're fine. How does an opposition defence get tired after a tedious game btw? they still play 90 minutes pal Why couldn’t united produce such goal gluts under van gaal? probably due to the difference in attacking talent available. Were the games not tedious enough to tire opposition defences out? yes, we usually just missed the chances created due to answer above.
The problem under LvG tended to be missing of chances early doors, or failure to take advantage of good early play and heads going down or conceding a stupid goal from the opposition's first attack and struggling to get back into due to missing chances and lack of belief. Failings of the manager and the shithouse players.

Same still happens occasionally. We are more efficient when it comes to scoring early in games under Mourinho though. Pushing on and getting more goals is still an issue.

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The problem under LvG tended to be missing of chances early doors, or failure to take advantage of good early play and heads going down or conceding a stupid goal from the opposition's first attack and struggling to get back into due to missing chances and lack of belief. Failings of the manager and the shithouse players.

Same still happens occasionally. We are more efficient when it comes to scoring early in games under Mourinho though. Pushing on and getting more goals is still an issue.
Yeah, how could I have forgetten the glut of goal scoring chances van gaal’s united missed every game.

Unread 09-01-2018, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, how could I have forgetten the glut of goal scoring chances van gaal’s united missed every game.
No, you're right. We only ever entered the oppositions half once a game. Dark, dark days.

Unread 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM
saffers

Antonio Conte on if he regrets comments re Jose Mourinho: "Do I have this look of a person who regrets? I don't think so. We both said things...I won't forget (what he said). This is not a problem for the club. This is a problem between me and him."

State of this hairless fuker

Unread 09-01-2018, 03:31 PM
20 times

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Clarkie

What was that game(s) where, 60 odd minutes, we had an effort on goal and the crowd sarcastically cheered? Depay had a shot if I recall correctly...

Good times

Unread 09-01-2018, 03:57 PM
saffers

“Mr. Antonio Conte, do you know what’s the EPO?”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/angry-port...xing-baldness/

Unread 09-01-2018, 04:21 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

The Portuguese. Great bunch of lads imo

Unread 09-01-2018, 04:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
No, I commented and complained plenty about LvG; his signings, who he sold, the 3-5-2, players he preferred etc. It was all just brushed under the carpet as I blamed the players for being shit and not getting it as much as I blamed his mistakes though and because I could see what he was trying to implement and thought it was worth sticking with to see if it could be properly implemented and improve. Sometimes it takes a bit of pain to get something really good, which he had produced everywhere he had been previously.

I don't see anything that Mourinho is doing as worth sticking with, and it's f***ing painful to watch, and the end product at best is bullying percentage football that lasts short term only. Great.
am I the only one reading this?

so we should have given lvl more time despite his football much more painful to watch than mourinho's?

Unread 09-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
No, you're right. We only ever entered the oppositions half once a game. Dark, dark days.
There’s a difference between being in the opposition’s half and creating goal scoring chances. It was a thrill a minute.

Unread 09-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Antonio Conte on if he regrets comments re Jose Mourinho: "Do I have this look of a person who regrets? I don't think so. We both said things...I won't forget (what he said). This is not a problem for the club. This is a problem between me and him."

State of this hairless fuker
He is making it too easy for Mou.

Unread 09-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Mourinho must be fuming. I’m pretty sure his original comments were aimed at the manager above him in the league, to try and start something that could derail them. It’s the only logical target. Imagine if the press targeted guardiola instead of conte and now the drugs stuff was being used. I guess the Abu Dhabi money protects them.

Unread 09-01-2018, 06:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
Mourinho must be fuming. I’m pretty sure his original comments were aimed at the manager above him in the league, to try and start something that could derail them. It’s the only logical target. Imagine if the press targeted guardiola instead of conte and now the drugs stuff was being used. I guess the Abu Dhabi money protects them.
If Conte becomes a target then it's only natural things will move upwards in the league table.

Unread 09-01-2018, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is it?

I agree that some of the big games have been dreadful, but I've quite enjoyed a lot of games this season and last.
Yes, that's about the sum total of it.

One of the first thing many of us said about one of Mou's most depressing games - the recent 0-0 with Soton - is that it reminded us of LvG at his worst

Unread 09-01-2018, 08:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, that's about the sum total of it.

One of the first thing many of us said about one of Mou's most depressing games - the recent 0-0 with Soton - is that it reminded us of LvG at his worst
That’s because you still feel the need to justify yourselves

Mou was going to win the league and send Fraudiola packing before a ball was kicked iirc.

Unread 09-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That’s because you still feel the need to justify yourselves

Mou was going to win the league and send Fraudiola packing before a ball was kicked iirc.
Kind what you're doing though in fairness...
Closed Thread