United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM
doudou

Default Time-outs at the next World Cup

Marca reporting this http://www.marca.com/2013/12/05/futb...386264184.html

Slippery slope on the way to football matches lasting over 2 hours.

Football really is £#%&!ed.

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Switching Off

The game stops often enough to take on water every so often. And aren't most of the grounds in pretty mild areas in the middle of winter?

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Marca reporting this http://www.marca.com/2013/12/05/futb...386264184.html

Slippery slope on the way to football matches lasting over 2 hours.

Football really is £#%&!ed.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Fat Al

Lots more lovely ad breaks.

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
This break is brought to you by Mountain Dew/Coke etc etc etc

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Aman27deep

IPL (cricket) introduced 4 time-outs (10 minutes in total) in a T20 game, and all they use it for is for showing advertisements. Proper shit if you ask me.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:00 PM
red in cumbria

£#%&! it, what's the £#%&!ing point?? :shakehead:

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Sparky***

what a bunch of greedy corrupt old @#%&!s.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&! it, what's the £#%&!ing point?? :shakehead:
Adverts.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
naes_sean

and using sin-bins.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ns-in-football

Quote:
UEFA president Michel Platini is open to the idea of using rugby-style sin-bins in football, according to reports in Spain.

Under the present rules, players receive a ban after they have been shown five yellow cards - but Platini feels that the introduction of sin-bins would fittingly recompense the team against which the offence had been committed.

According to Spanish sports daily newspaper AS, the 58-year-old Frenchman said: "I would change the system of warnings. I would make it like rugby, punishing the offender with 10 or 15 minutes out of the game.

"That way, the benefit goes to the team he is playing against, in the same match, instead of a sanction by cards which is carried out against a third team, the next on the calendar.

"It is an idea. Now it needs to mature and see if it really is good for the game. It is a proposal to be explored."

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:04 PM
doudou

Will be interesting to see if these purported drinks breaks will also be in place during games when it's not hot, if so then this is what we'll get for ever more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_timeout

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Michael Myers

Every day I fall out of love with football a little bit more.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Sparky***

They'll probably taking a fair few time out's during this world cup when the stadia start falling apart during the match.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:28 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I think this would be a good idea.

If your team lose a player to a bad foul and the perp gets a yellow you don't benefit, but if it's his 5th he'll be suspended against a potential rival who you you have preferred him to play against....if you see what I mean.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild

If your team lose a player to a bad foul and the perp gets a yellow you don't benefit, but if it's his 5th he'll be suspended against a potential rival who you you have preferred him to play against....if you see what I mean.
Not really it's a stupid idea. Can you imagine a scenario where your team has a bad 10 minute spell in a big game; you end up with 3 players getting booked so you then have to play with 8 men or something. Stupid.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild

Cant happen in a cup competition where there are only three group games.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED

biggest thing I hate being here. Everything is like that. TV news sports anything.

Radio is awful.

this post is sponsored by the £#%&! you @#%&!s half time show

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not really it's a stupid idea. Can you imagine a scenario where your team has a bad 10 minute spell in a big game; you end up with 3 players getting booked so you then have to play with 8 men or something. Stupid.
Why is it stupid, if it's a yellow it's a bad foul. Punishable by 10 mins in the bin, if you know that before kick and then make a yellow offence...tough shit...the coaches and managers would soon sort issues like say...diving.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Cant happen in a cup competition where there are only three group games.
What can't happen, sin binning, in a cup competition the idea works even better.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
in england won't it just be bet365 & betfair for the brainwashed in-play mongs?
Closed Thread