United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Spanish Football

Gearing up for a great end to the season. Reckon Madrid will get a draw or get beat tonight, Espanyol will roll over as usual at Camp Nou. Sevilla will do Mallorca I reckon.

Which game is Sky showing tonight - anyone know?

Unread 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Gearing up for a great end to the season. Reckon Madrid will get a draw or get beat tonight, Espanyol will roll over as usual at Camp Nou. Sevilla will do Mallorca I reckon.

Which game is Sky showing tonight - anyone know?
Ruud and Becks to win the league for me. Well deserved too.

Unread 09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Ruud and Becks to win the league for me. Well deserved too.
It's a tough one, but i'm not sure about deserved.

Obviously there's the old adage that the best team wins the league, but Madrid were awful for 2/3s of the season. Fair play to them for their form recently, but there is definitely a strong argument that Sevilla deserve it. They've played arguably the best football throughout the season, got the least money, the smallest squad and gone furthest in Europe - managing to retain the UEFA cup.

Fantastic achievement and as much as i'd like to ex-reds win something I really want Sevilla to do it.

Unread 09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
celtbion

I really don't want to see Madrid winning anything. Ever.

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Tropical

Default Ditto.

I'm pretty sure they will, though. They've really got the bit between their teeth.

Barcelona blew it a few games ago. Narrow lead at the top of the league, 1-0 up at home (I forget against whom), playing poorly, conceded a last minute equaliser - they'd got away by the skin of their teeth in quite a few similar situations before, too; but not that time. Since then it's been out of their hands. They're on the same points as Real Madrid, with a much better goal difference, but head-to-head is what counts in Spain and Real Madrid beat and drew with them.

And to be honest, Barcelona don't really deserve to win it. They've been iffy and complacent for much of the season, especially away from home.

I'd like to see Sevilla take it, too. But mainly I'd like to see Real Madrid #@&%! it up. Most unlikely, sadly.

(Oh, and btw, it's Real Madrid vs. Real Zaragoza tonight, I think, with highlights from the other two games.)

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:24 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I really don't want to see Madrid winning anything. Ever.
On the other hand, I'd love to see Beckham, and Ruud to a lesser extent, win a league trophy over there.Especially Beckham, though.

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
On the other hand, I'd love to see Beckham, and Ruud to a lesser extent, win a league trophy over there.Especially Beckham, though.
Nope.

If Roy Keane, Scholes, Ole, Dinny Irwin, Steve Bruce and Ryan Giggs were turning out for Madrid I'd still like them to £#%&! it up.

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM
puressence

love ruud to win it

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Nope.

If Roy Keane, Scholes, Ole, Dinny Irwin, Steve Bruce and Ryan Giggs were turning out for Madrid I'd still like them to £#%&! it up.
Politically opposed to them huh?

I'll never forget the day they bombed the baltics. Hierro in the tank, firing tango's at the peasants in the village.

Terrible business

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Politically opposed to them huh?

I'll never forget the day they bombed the baltics. Hierro in the tank, firing tango's at the peasants in the village.

Terrible business
The club was built on the back of a fascist dictator being a fan.

Too £#%&!ing right.

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:40 PM
24hr Leavesey

You just know if Madrid win the league, there'll be a snidey Ruud interview regarding United.

Fell in love with the guy for about 3 years, but he's a @#%&! of a man, end of.

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
You just know if Madrid win the league, there'll be a snidey Ruud interview regarding United.

Fell in love with the guy for about 3 years, but he's a @#%&! of a man, end of.

Let's be frank, given how well both Utd and Van Nistelrooy have done this year, it puts his last year or so in a new perspective.

Unread 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
legendary saf

Come On Barca And Zaragoza

Unread 09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
celtbion

Pique not featuring in this presumably?

Unread 09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Pique not featuring in this presumably?
Of course he is, been one of their best players this season.

Unread 09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Of course he is, been one of their best players this season.
He was injured the last time I sat down to watch a Zaragoza game.

£#%&!ing annoying it was.

Unread 09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
MJ Ramone

I think Barcelona will still go on to win it (easier run-in)...but I want Madrid to win it.
I'd like to see Beckham & Ruud do well. I don't have a problem with our ex-players (unless they've said/done something that's really £#%&!ed me off) & neither of those have

It was probably time for both of them to move on as & when they did...it's obvious we're going for 'pace' in our attacking areas & Beckham & Ruud don't have it.
But they're both the best in the business at what they do.
Ruud makes goalscoring look laughably easy, but it certainly isn't (otherwise most strikers would get around 30 goals a season)...& Beckham is a United great as far as I'm concerned & still a terrific provider from out wide or with a deadball.

Looking forward to the games tonight..

Unread 09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
punk_football

After seeing Ruud tell Becks that United have won the league, and they were both made up, I now want Madrid to win.
[YOUTUBE]
Nwxt3TPAK2k[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 09-06-2007, 02:29 PM
legendary saf

That vid aint working

Unread 09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
He was injured the last time I sat down to watch a Zaragoza game.

£#%&!ing annoying it was.
He made his comeback last week, hopefully he'll start tonight
Closed Thread