United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2014, 06:19 PM
HotChip

Must admit i really dont mind the boy tbh.. Hes got a job to do..

He ran the length of the pitch to wind the scousers up...for one... Hes still plenty in credit with me..

Unread 04-11-2014, 09:39 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I'm not pleased. I'm far from pleased. I hate it when Gary Neville is right.

Unread 04-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

He used to seem like a principled guy but seems devoid of them in his simple punditry.

United were full of footballers passing sideways last season, what was he saying then?

Blind plays very intelligently & is an asset to the side.

Neville had a good season in 06/07 but made high profile mistakes in his career; it's aggravating to hear him preaching against defensive blunders when you remember his utterly stupid & pointless handball vs Bayern in 2010 in the away leg which brought them back into the game and tie ...

Unread 04-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

the blind point Neville made was one of several he made after the game including that he thinks Di Maria should move more centrally.

Obviously the daily mail have seized on this part and tried to make it look like neville has "blasted" a player, which is rubbish.

Unread 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
armchair

I wish DiMaria was more central too. Expecting Blind to turn into Carrick overnight is unrealistic though. If we can keep Carrick fit then we can go on a run hopefully.

Unread 04-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

wrong thread.

Unread 04-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Red Al

Like blind myself

So far he's been an excellent signing for 14 mil as that gets bugger all these days in football and and will be an unsung hero type ( never grabs the headlines but a vital cog in out team)

Unread 04-11-2014, 11:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Like blind myself

So far he's been an excellent signing for 14 mil as that gets bugger all these days in football and and will be an unsung hero type ( never grabs the headlines but a vital cog in out team)
Agreed. Louis picked very well this summer imo. Apart from Arturo obviously.

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

busy @#%&!

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Alan

As the deepest lying midfielder, the last thing Blind should be doing is making risky passes. That's what £37 million Trequartista Mata should be doing, but doesn't. United's front players in general do love a momentum killing sideways pass though. Maybe the penny hasn't dropped for LvG yet but United need to drastically up the speed of play in the final third. Not only is the current style of play ineffective, it's £#%&!ing boring to watch.

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:30 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
As the deepest lying midfielder, the last thing Blind should be doing is making risky passes. That's what £37 million Trequartista Mata should be doing, but doesn't. United's front players in general do love a momentum killing sideways pass though. Maybe the penny hasn't dropped for LvG yet but United need to drastically up the speed of play in the final third. Not only is the current style of play ineffective, it's £#%&!ing boring to watch.
Pretty sure that's not his first name, pal.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:54 AM
utd99

Problem is we're still not breaking fast enough. When you don't break fast, meaning not just foot speed but quick thinking, quick ball movement and runs made independant of the ball, you lose most of the advantages that particular passage of possession promises at the outset. The second we regain possession, particularly if it's deep, we should be on the move, quick and decisive. Keep the opposition midfield disjointed and the defence on the back foot half turned or facing their own goal. A defence that has time to organize and face away from goal is infinitely harder to break down, so why do we insist on slow build ups?

The best football United have played over the past twenty years have all had solid defending and quick breaking at it's core, from Kanchelskis and Giggs, through to Ronaldo and Rooney, and it's still a killer tactic as Liverpool proved last year. So why do we seem to have drifted away from it last few years, who knows? Maybe we don't have the personnel capable, or possession has trumped risk in our coaching methods.

Unread 05-11-2014, 07:48 AM
MUFC One Love

I personally think he's brilliant. Proper player, plays the same under pressure.

Unread 05-11-2014, 08:22 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

It's not, he's called John.

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Looks like Alan has been playing football manager.

Where this obsession with number 10's has come from is beyond me.

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Tiberian

Blind is far too isolated when he is on the ball, look at the last 2 games, started with Mata and Fellaini against Chelsea, both of whom moved high up the pitch when Utd were in possession. They were often 30+ yards ahead of Blind, meaning that to find them he has to play a very risky pass which if intercepted creates an instant counter attacking opportunity. Similar circumstance against City, Rooney sat a little deeper but Blind is still too isolated. Even Carrick at his best needed players close to him to pop the ball off and keep it moving.

Fellaini out and play football rather than look for the Special teams player.

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Blind is far too isolated when he is on the ball, look at the last 2 games, started with Mata and Fellaini against Chelsea, both of whom moved high up the pitch when Utd were in possession. They were often 30+ yards ahead of Blind, meaning that to find them he has to play a very risky pass which if intercepted creates an instant counter attacking opportunity. Similar circumstance against City, Rooney sat a little deeper but Blind is still too isolated. Even Carrick at his best needed players close to him to pop the ball off and keep it moving.

Fellaini out and play football rather than look for the Special teams player.
The correct sentiment. I don't give a £#%&! if he's just had a couple of "OK" games, he's a lumbering £#%&!ing oaf & much like a team set up with Andy Carroll or Duncan Ferguson, it practically gives the less confident (shit) players an out by lumping it.

Stop £#%&!ing lumping it. Stop playing Fellaini. Unless this is some Machiavellian shop window shit from Van Gaal.

If there's no pace in the side then the football has to be more intricate, it's not possible to play intricate football with Fellaini, Rooney or Januzaj for various reasons (shit, shit touch & greedy). Basically there's a poor chemistry in the personnel at the moment, no one knits it together. The absolute 'team of individuals'. So Van Gaal needs to earn his corn by training them & quickly & buying a couple in January. One of them better not be that lummox Vlaar either.

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
The correct sentiment. I don't give a £#%&! if he's just had a couple of "OK" games, he's a lumbering £#%&!ing oaf & much like a team set up with Andy Carroll or Duncan Ferguson, it practically gives the less confident (shit) players an out by lumping it.

Stop £#%&!ing lumping it. Stop playing Fellaini. Unless this is some Machiavellian shop window shit from Van Gaal.

If there's no pace in the side then the football has to be more intricate, it's not possible to play intricate football with Fellaini, Rooney or Januzaj for various reasons (shit, shit touch & greedy). Basically there's a poor chemistry in the personnel at the moment, no one knits it together. The absolute 'team of individuals'. So Van Gaal needs to earn his corn by training them & quickly & buying a couple in January. One of them better not be that lummox Vlaar either.
Yep If he keeps picking Fellaini he should be tazered every time he says Philosophy.

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

u wot m8

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Baron

Closed Thread