United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anyway, you've bored me to a standstill. You're right, Jose's the man for the job, pluckily battling against the evil powers that be within the corridors of OT and the dressing room, forced into defensiveness and desperation on the pitch by the horrors of the playing staff forced upon him and their general ineptitude.
I’ve never said any of that. I’ve said any manager hired should get 3 years before judgement barring disaster or losing the dressing room, and that we lack information to know what’s going on, which supports the idea of giving a manager 3 years before judging.

You don’t know what I think of mourinho other than I’ll give him 3 years before reaching judgement. I can argue for and against. I just don’t need to argue against on here.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I don’t believe the opposite. My only stance is managers’ public proclaimations mean f*** all in relation to what they actually think.
In the case of Fellaini, he literally champions him.

Martial plays an off game and he's back on the bench. Blind doesn't make the matchday squad. Mkhitaryan was banished. But Fellaini - when fit - invariably plays. Big games. Captained Utd. The manager dedicated a win against a rival to him ffs.

When he's not fit the manager bemoans his absence. He makes comments like 'it's easier for clubs to get me than Marouane' which has given Fellaini the bargaining power to hold Utd to ransom.

Then he starts him in the must win Champions League knockout game.

So yes in the case of Fellaini, he means what he says.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Speculation, but I fancy not far off.
Speculation. No shit. Kind of my point.

Quote:
Certainly more likely than Mourinho doesn't really want him to sign and is saying the opposite.. for what..?
Because he’s trying to get a performance whilst he is still here and hasn’t yet replaced him? Much like Fergie did with strachan, veron ect. The media is a tool. it’s not about truth.

He may love fellaini. I have no idea. My only point has been public proclaimations mean £#%&! all as evidence in support of something. For some reason, you take them as gospel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
In the case of Fellaini, he literally champions him.

Martial plays an off game and he's back on the bench. Blind doesn't make the matchday squad. Mkhitaryan was banished. But Fellaini - when fit - invariably plays. Big games. Captained Utd. The manager dedicated a win against a rival to him ffs.
Other than all those times he’s been sub. Which is the majority. He’s a plan B. Always has been.

The fans had been on his back. Maybe fellaini is the type of personality who need public love. Maybe others need something different. One thing that’s clear about fellaini is he also has an attaitude his managers like, which could be another reason behind mourinho’s public tactic with him. Again, we don’t know. Which is the only salient point.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Cream

Fellaini could be behind the sacking of 3 consecutive Manchester United managers.

What a career.

Unread 17-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Swagger

valencia
smalling
jones
young

And you expect attacking football?

Unread 17-03-2018, 07:06 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
valencia
smalling
jones
young

Playing wingers as fullbacks would appear to indicate that you were going to throw caution to the wind to be fair.

The defence excuse has been done to death and is utter unadulterated bullshit, just because Chris Smalling can't thread through balls doesn't mean all the midfielders and wingers have to come out in sympathy. Phil Jones making a funny face when he heads the ball doesn't make Nemanja Matic's first instinct to pass the ball sideways, or The Scottish Player and Pogba let opposition players run away from them in successive games.

You don't have to sit deep to protect a defence, you can do it by getting the ball back high up the pitch or retaining it better in the first place.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
valencia
smalling
jones
young

Mourinho

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Cream

Jose Mourinhoooo

Mourinho's red and white army

Deafening support for the manager inside the ground at 0-0.

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:32 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Jose Mourinhoooo

Mourinho's red and white army

Deafening support for the manager inside the ground at 0-0.

Same top red oddballs who chanted for Moyes no doubt

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Cream

Just handed his sweaty bobble hat to a young girl. Grinning from ear to ear!

Delightful.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:41 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Just handed his sweaty bobble hat to a young girl. Grinning from ear to ear!

Delightful.
£#%&! off to every single hater.

Singing section exposed them for what they are, fifth columnists!

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:43 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Same top red oddballs who chanted for Moyes no doubt
Bishop Blaize nob heads to a man
Closed Thread