Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:09 PM
dodger

Default Re: Daniele De Rossi - The most complete central midfielder in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/cal...si+e+Vuci nic

Roman press saying De Rossi sick of the politics in Roma and poor start to the season so is not certain to sign a new contract. SAF linked with a bid of 20m euros+.

Couldn't think of a midfielder more perfect for us in that role, give the team backbone and real presence in midfield. And he badly needs the move for his own personal form which has been nowhere near his usual consistent self for about a couple of seasons now. Quite meh in the world cup too i thought.

He's 27 now though I think, we don't sign players over the age of 26 do we?
I suspect we'd make an exception here. 20 mill sounds a bit cheap though

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:11 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I suspect we'd make an exception here. 20 mill sounds a bit cheap though
If VDV can go for 8 I'd say 20 million is a fair price. It only gets silly if City or Real want a player and neither of them have been linked.

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:12 PM
tony tabletop

Thumbs up Re: Daniele De Rossi - The most complete central midfielder in Europe

A swap for Carrick would be great business

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:15 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
If VDV can go for 8 I'd say 20 million is a fair price. It only gets silly if City or Real want a player and neither of them have been linked.
Twue Twue. Perhapas I'm remembering the days when we got ripped off too. That's one advantage of being skint I suppose.

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
A swap for Carrick would be great business
£20m or Carrick+£30m sounds about fair.

Unread 29-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He must not be listed a D/M on Champ Manager then as that seems what Mancini's scouting filter is stuck on.

Unread 29-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Baron

Pretty sure Roma turned down a £38m bid from City last summer for him.

Unread 29-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/cal...si+e+Vuci nic

Roman press saying De Rossi sick of the politics in Roma and poor start to the season so is not certain to sign a new contract. SAF linked with a bid of 20m euros+.

Couldn't think of a midfielder more perfect for us in that role, give the team backbone and real presence in midfield. And he badly needs the move for his own personal form which has been nowhere near his usual consistent self for about a couple of seasons now. Quite meh in the world cup too i thought.

He's 27 now though I think, we don't sign players over the age of 26 do we?
sounds like Carrick, minus the meh world cup, obv.
Closed Thread