United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
smiths performance tonite was awful .. go and watch the game and tell me what he did especially in the second half ..tbh it didnt surprise cos hes getting his fitness back .. so ill give him a bit of leeway
He played very well again but to be fair, the ball was kept between Scholes, Carrick and Giggs in our half for most of the second half so I don't how you can have a dig at him-again.

You're a good poster but some of the stuff you come out with sometimes is pathetic.

These personal agendas are doing you no good.

First its Fergie, then Ferdinand and now Smith. Give it a rest.

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
told you he would get more cards than goals on his comeback ..and for the record he was dogshit tonite
He did more than Scholes who didn't look like he could be arsed.

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:46 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
MJ Ramone, sounds quite serious.

Like I said, aint seen it myself yet so can't confirm what was said or the tone of the comment.
..although Fergie did say the other day that Saha's continual absence was more a 'mental thing' at the minute.

Whatever is happening it is being kept pretty hush-hush because originally Saha was meant to be back for the Portsmouth game.

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:48 AM
TreeFiddy

%@#$&!s to this thread.

How strange that you posted a thread going mad at anyone who criticised our defence tonight yet you quite happily lay in to Saha, Ferdinand and Smith at every opportunity.

Unread 18-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Tropical

Default Quite.

You are a boring and ungracious man sometimes, Pure. Or at least, a boring and ungracious poster.

Smith has done well enough since his return to draw admiration from even his doubters. And as with the last time he got a run at centre-forward (just after he signed, and we were £#%&!ed for injuries), he's been the right man at the right time.

He barely had a game tonight because their centre-halves were on top of him throughout. Which in turn meant other players had to track our other forwards. Which in turn meant they seldom got any kind of numbers out of their own half. Which in turn meant we won the game at a walk. Which means he did his job.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:24 AM
MJ Ramone

Smith's hold-up play in the first half was excellent.
I hope he bags a 'match winning' goal in the next few weeks...he'd deserve a moment like that.

I'll tell you what though...a certain Mr Rooney has been outstanding last half a dozen games or so. Coming into form at just the right time??

The quality of his goals are always out the top drawer.
I £#%&!ing love the lad!
What a great footballer. £#%&!ing outstanding.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:41 AM
Grimson

May I state the obvious?

It's a great deal easier to get a yellow card than to score a goal.

Unread 18-04-2007, 05:22 AM
borsuk

Default smith's performance was ok

but obviously not as good as the couple of games before. then again, the whole team was clearly trying to save a bit of energy, which they did very effectively. a really good performance in that regard, i thought.

any news on evra, park and rio?

Unread 18-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I think we can all agree on one thing:

The ref was shite.

Unread 18-04-2007, 08:32 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
May I state the obvious?

It's a great deal easier to get a yellow card than to score a goal.
for smith yes

Unread 18-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Hope Smith batters the Boro defence on Saturday, scores a brace and accidentally kness George in the %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-04-2007, 08:54 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
I think we can all agree on one thing:

The ref was shite.

It was Styles who sent of Ronaldo and Fletcher at Villa Park for £#%&! all a couple of years ago wasn't it? I was having £#%&!ing panic attacks I thought he was trophy hunting again last night.

I think Smith has brought something positive to the team -

Unread 18-04-2007, 09:49 AM
ethelred

Quote:
told you he would get more cards than goals on his comeback ..and for the record he was dogshit tonite

Unread 18-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Barca '91

Smith is MUCH better than Saha.

Unread 18-04-2007, 09:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Smith is MUCH better than Saha.
dong>smith

Unread 18-04-2007, 10:03 AM
toseeunited

don't forget smithy's involvement in our first goal last night, ffs, he's not a goalscorer and he never will get you 20 goals a season, but he's better than £#%&!ing louis, why? well because he's fit for a start!!

Unread 18-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Scholes = 2 red cards 1 goal.

Unread 18-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Serenity Now

He was good in the first half, his hold-up play during the build-up to the first goal was top class. In the second half he didn't do much, but I think you could say the same for everyone.

Unread 18-04-2007, 10:55 AM
carlosartorial

I'm not a Smith fan but I thought he had a good game last night.

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Scholes = 2 red cards 1 goal.
Exactly. Since February/March time he has seemed determined to £#%&! up his chances of getting the PFA award. Maybe he couldn't face making the speech. Either way, that moment against Blackburn aside, he has been a liability.
Closed Thread