United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Yeah don’t let the good points sparky makes ruin some piss taking.

Bottom line is if we do win today the league is over.

I think they’ve got a bit too much technically for us and our inability to hold onto the ball with Heskey means it’ll play into their hands.

I’m hoping Mata will play behind the striker to at least hold onto it a bit.

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:40 AM
AK14

Wonder if Jose will start with both Ibra and Lukaku?

Perhaps Lukaku from the right to try and get at Delph...

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Lok

We need as much pace as we can to hit them on the break. Ibra needs to be plan B. Martial has to start and I'd probably go with Rashford as well.

DDG
Linderlof---Jones---Smalling
Valencia----------------------------Young
Matic---Herrera
Rashford---Lukaku---Martial

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We need as much pace as we can to hit them on the break. Ibra needs to be plan B. Martial has to start and I'd probably go with Rashford as well.

DDG
Linderlof---Jones---Smalling
Valencia----------------------------Young
Matic---Herrera
Rashford---Lukaku---Martial
Think Jesse will start and Rashers off the bench

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yeah don’t let the good points sparky makes ruin some piss taking.

Bottom line is if we do win today the league is over.

I think they’ve got a bit too much technically for us and our inability to hold onto the ball with Heskey means it’ll play into their hands.

I’m hoping Mata will play behind the striker to at least hold onto it a bit.
Sounds about right

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Crumps

The reason why we never went on a run like this was because Fergie knew how to pace his players. The City performances of the last few week are a world away from those a couple of months ago and are gradually getting g shitter. You know when we’d have those hysterical posts about squad rotation? Because of that.

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The reason why we never went on a run like this was because Fergie knew how to pace his players. The City performances of the last few week are a world away from those a couple of months ago and are gradually getting g shitter. You know when we’d have those hysterical posts about squad rotation? Because of that.
We did go on runs like this

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
You don't half talk some shit mate.

This is the kind of philosophical debate that keeps me coming back

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was chatting to someone who i picked up earlier about this game and i basically said it's a damning indictment of the general quality of our league that a team can win 14-15 games on the trot. When United were at our absolute peak we never managed that, and that was back in the less glamorous days of premier league.

Any team from 10th place downwards, you wouldn't be surprised to see them get relegated, such is the crap that we now have in this division. 5 decent teams at the top and then below that are 15 teams ranging from f***ing average to downright f***ing shite.

Leicester, who've won just 6 out of 16 games are sitting 8th in the league. Just 5 points off a top 4 place. Is it any wonder City haven't lost yet when that's the over all standard of the division.
"Anywhere on the left here is fine"

"But you just got in...?..."

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:32 PM
sub three hours

Even without Pogba, I'm confident we can do it this afternoon.

Set-pieces, counter-attacks and spells of high pressure.

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
We did go on runs like this
Thought they had just broken the record?

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was chatting to someone who i picked up earlier about this game and i basically said it's a damning indictment of the general quality of our league that a team can win 14-15 games on the trot. When United were at our absolute peak we never managed that, and that was back in the less glamorous days of premier league.

Any team from 10th place downwards, you wouldn't be surprised to see them get relegated, such is the crap that we now have in this division. 5 decent teams at the top and then below that are 15 teams ranging from £#%&!ing average to downright £#%&!ing shite.

Leicester, who've won just 6 out of 16 games are sitting 8th in the league. Just 5 points off a top 4 place. Is it any wonder City haven't lost yet when that's the over all standard of the division.
There’s a far bigger gap in quality and resources between the top 6 and the rest of the league compared to when Fergie’s Utd were at their peak

I think I read somewhere that until that Chelsea result yesterday that the top 6 sides had won something like 20 consecutive matches against the rest of the league

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Thought they had just broken the record?
It happens but to rewrite history and say it didn't happen to us is a bit mental. We won the league by 18 points in 2000.

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There’s a far bigger gap in quality and resources between the top 6 and the rest of the league compared to when Fergie’s Utd were at their peak

I think I read somewhere that until that Chelsea result yesterday that the top 6 sides had won something like 20 consecutive matches against the rest of the league
Well Leicester beat Spurs just the other week for one so that's not right.

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM
The taste of...

Two inches of snow at least pls. Let's see them tippy tap through that.
We can go upstairs. 3 Teams have taken them to the wire without a Pogba so this is on... £#%&! the divs... cmon you reds

0-2

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
It happens but to rewrite history and say it didn't happen to us is a bit mental. We won the league by 18 points in 2000.
That’s was over the course of a season. My point was we never came out of the traps at 100 miles an hour and tried to keep up the same style of play with largely the same 11 players. Horses for courses and squad rotation wins you this league (if there’s proper competition)

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Clarkie

Someone (could have been Duncan Castles. Can't remember) said during the week that it's possible Ibrahimovic could play in midfield today...

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM
believe

Quote:
That’s was over the course of a season. My point was we never came out of the traps at 100 miles an hour and tried to keep up the same style of play with largely the same 11 players. Horses for courses and squad rotation wins you this league (if there’s proper competition)
100% agree with your point, that's why I don't think the league is over in December.

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Crumps

Quote:
100% agree with your point, that's why I don't think the league is over in December.
Exactly. Even if we lose today they will drop points over Xmas. If Jesus was playing for Fergie he’d be getting a two week holiday for Xmas too.

Unread 10-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
11 points is too much.

We'd need to be near perfect in the league and hope city lose four games after Christmas.

This isn't mid 1990s United chasing a team likely to get a nose bleed. It would be a reflection in a quality gap.