United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:45 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, but when you’re creating so little in games that any presentable chance must be taken, then there’s a problem with how you’re playing. We create one, maybe two good chances per game. It simply isn’t enough. The players know this too and they’re going to tighten up when those chances come.

We’re also putting a lot of pressure on young players. 20 year old Garnacho must score or we lose the game. 20 year old Hojlund must score last week or we don’t win the game. We’re pinning our hopes on an 18 year old with 3 league starts to hold the midfield together.

This is no way to live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
West Ham were absolutely shit. Played mid week and looked dead. We didn’t lay a single glove on them. We’re pathetic. Pathetic players and a pathetic manager.
Yep.

Merry Pathetic Christmas

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:46 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
West Ham were absolutely shit. Played mid week and looked dead. We didn’t lay a single glove on them. We’re pathetic. Pathetic players and a pathetic manager.
We are. There seems to be a discussion on here about who is to blame.....owners, manager or players. They're all @#%&!s.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The game was so grimly predictable. The ‘big six’ managers love to go on about fixture pile up and kick off timings, but this was a rare one where we had the week off and West Ham played an away game on Wednesday.

And it showed. Those early kick offs are often flat and we should have been bang at it. Instead, we were ok. Just ok. Knocking it around all right, but very little intensity. Our one big chance came from and error and we just let the half drift.

That was our time to seize control. Not this bullshit idea of ‘control’ where you’re £#%&!ing around with it in midfield and nothing is happening, actually controlling the outcome of the match. You’ve never got control of a game you’re not winning.

Second half, you knew damn well that West Ham wouldn’t be as poor and they have individuals who can hurt you. No surprise it was two quality players who made the difference.

The really sad part is that we all knew the game was over the second Bowen ran it into the net. No response. No fight. No nothing. Just acceptance.

I’m sure there will plenty of looking in the mirror again and needing a reaction etc, but this season is well and truly dead

The only thing keeping ETH in a job is the ongoing ownership situation

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:51 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I can't get past him having a functional midfield pair at the dippers last week, and him changing that so he could play Scott The Scottish Player alongside Bruno instead.

It just blows my mind he did that.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:53 AM
Sheik JaBooty

There’s two parts to the old “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” quote. Admittedly, they may not have the benefit of coming into a solid team like Rooney, Ronaldo and the Co92 did but boo-hoo, maybe that’s why they're getting their chances in the first place.

In isolated moments they either do the business or they don’t, this will be what determines their careers after all. Unless they’re preoccupied with the exact terms of Jim Ratcliff’s takeover or what Murtaughs role in the new structure will be of course. Then missing one on ones is understandable.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:56 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I can't get past him having a functional midfield pair at the dippers last week, and him changing that so he could play Scott The Scottish Player alongside Bruno instead.

It just blows my mind he did that.
Yep, beginning to think he’s a dick. He’s £#%&!ed the vast majority of our entire budget on Onana, Antony and Mount - three of the worst transfers in our entire history. I can see us ruining Hoijlund within the season too.

Antony is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us ffs. Zero effectiveness.

We took a small baby step at Anfield and then do that yesterday. Unforgivable. Villa will beat us easily on Boxing Day.

Unread 24-12-2023, 05:26 PM
jem

villa home was the only game I can think of last season when he played a sensible midfield. wonder if he will do that again.

Unread 24-12-2023, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Let's see if everybody gets a bit of a lift come Boxing Day - it certainly can't come soon enough.