Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-12-2023, 10:05 AM
magic_cantona

Default Superleague ON!

https://news.sky.com/story/european-...ition-13034834

No wonder the Glazers thought they should hang on

Unread 21-12-2023, 10:12 AM
92ToBury

This could also have the knock on of the Glazers claiming the current collective TV rights stifles their ability to market the club's broadcast rights.

Long game gnome @#%&!s.

Unread 21-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
https://news.sky.com/story/european-...ition-13034834

No wonder the Glazers thought they should hang on
Still don’t think it will happen. They need the prem clubs. There was too much of a backlash with the no relegation issue and protecting the English football pyramid.

If they want the English clubs it will have to be a glorified champions league .

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Sheik JaBooty

I think Uefa benefited greatly from people not really understanding what the proposals were. Not suggesting for one sec they weren’t self serving, but why anyone would feel loyalty towards Uefa or Fifa is beyond me. They’ve proven time and again to be little short of organized crime.

Unread 21-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Fat Al

City will be happy with this, just in case the bungs don't work & they get binned from the Prem after being found guilty. even though they are innocent of everything & are a driving force for all that is good and right in football.

Unread 21-12-2023, 01:11 PM
Chris Quayd

The end destination is the same, the benefit of the super league is that it would destroy football at a much quicker rate than Uefa/Fifa

Unread 21-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Zorg

Bloody interfering EU

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:30 PM
History

So the ruling is UEFA can't punish teams for taking part but all the teams are rejecting the proposal anyway?

I guess it will just be Barca and Madrid having friendlies against 7 saudi teams

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:31 PM
jem

jonathan eu.

Unread 22-12-2023, 08:33 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Be interesting to see if RM and Barcelona put their money where their mouths are and withdraw from the CL. They’re certainly desperate enough to be tempted.

Unread 22-12-2023, 08:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Be interesting to see if RM and Barcelona put their money where their mouths are and withdraw from the CL. They’re certainly desperate enough to be tempted.
Barca have sold everything to stay afloat, I'm sure they don't give a £#%&! what they have to do to get their next financial life jacket. Absolutely vile club (still in the midst of a ref bribery scandal too).

Unread 22-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Patty_b

Those 12 teams pulling the trigger early a couple of years ago did more to damage the prospect of a Super League than anyone could've dreamt of.

If they took their time and tried to slowly marinate the fanbases over a couple of years, they would've had more chance of succeeding with one eventually. Dropping it on everybody out of the blue and the backlash it ended up causing has thankfully made it almost impossible for the same clubs to go for it again, in the Premier League at least. If it ever comes up again I reckon there'll be even more people making sure they're free for Liverpool at home again.