United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-12-2023, 10:39 AM
magic_cantona

Football Players beyond redemption?

After Donny going and everyone pointing out that they always knew how terrible he was but there's worse left, just which players in this squad are absolutely not good enough?

Which players should be replaced as soon as possible? Which players are simply not good enough to play for us in this squad?

It's not even a question of "we can't get rid of him, there's nobody to take his place" it's just a question of "he's not good enough and needs to go".

Which players ARE good enough or haven't had enough Time to prove themselves?

Not good enough:

Martial
Dalot
Maguire (played well recently, NQAT)
Sancho
Varane
Rashford (unless he has a Remontada of EPIC proportion)
The Scottish Player

Teetering on the edge:

Casemiro (deserves a chance to prove how he is after injury)
Onana
Shaw (perma injured, idiotic decision making but can be very good)
Lindelof
AWB

Keepers:

Antony
Bruno
Martinez
Amrabat
Hojlund
Garnacho
Mainoo
Hannibal
Gore

I've probably missed some out buy opine anyway.

Unread 16-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
After Donny going and everyone pointing out that they always knew how terrible he was but there's worse left, just which players in this squad are absolutely not good enough?

Which players should be replaced as soon as possible? Which players are simply not good enough to play for us in this squad?

It's not even a question of "we can't get rid of him, there's nobody to take his place" it's just a question of "he's not good enough and needs to go".

Which players ARE good enough or haven't had enough Time to prove themselves?

Not good enough:

Martial
Dalot
Maguire (played well recently, NQAT)
Sancho
Varane
Rashford (unless he has a Remontada of EPIC proportion)
The Scottish Player

Teetering on the edge:

Casemiro (deserves a chance to prove how he is after injury)
Onana
Shaw (perma injured, idiotic decision making but can be very good)
Lindelof
AWB

Keepers:

Antony
Bruno
Martinez
Amrabat
Hojlund
Garnacho
Mainoo
Hannibal
Gore

Add Eriksen to the bin list he’s old and can’t stay fit .
I would keep shaw but would still bring in a proper LB who can regularly play across multiple seasons (big ask I know)

I would keep rashford unless a Saudi or psg or some club put in a stupid offer. Wouldn’t actively stick him on the bin list.

Realistically in terms of having a proper starting XI that can challenge we need a new RB CB LB CM .

We then need a cover ST too and if Sancho £#%&!s off a secondary RW but maybe Amad can play that role.

We don’t have a great starting XI and we don’t have great reliable depth either .

I would keep AWB as a second choice RB . Keep lindelof as a back up CB . (Madness that they’ve had to resort to resigning Evans) seriously , if that doesn’t tell you where the club is nothing will.

Unread 16-12-2023, 11:10 AM
NedKelly

Unread 16-12-2023, 11:26 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Keepers:

Antony
Bruno
Martinez
Amrabat
Hojlund
Garnacho
Mainoo
Hannibal
Gore

Don’t think that’s their position mate tbh

Unread 16-12-2023, 11:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don’t think that’s their position mate tbh
They might do a better job

Unread 16-12-2023, 11:38 AM
larry

gary and his pals already did this for us

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:12 PM
tatty

Only the Qatari’s would have brought in a free license to chop players at will…and if they had of come in a lot of these players would have had an amazing resurgence in form.

As it is the Ratcliffe/Glazer’s are never going to give any manager the backing to impose discipline and standards on players who know they just need to sit tight and keep seeing off whoever is the latest patsy.

Glazer FC is done.

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:21 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd only keep:

Turk that we've never seen;
Dalot;
Varane;
Martinez;
Malacia;
Casemiro;
Mainoo;
Hannibal;
Amrabat;
Greenwood;
Garnacho;
Mount;
Hojlund

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:51 PM
pedr0

haven't we done this about a million times already.

and how £#%&!ing thick do you have to be to say rashford our player of the season last year is "absolutely not good enough" but Antony is a keeper.

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
gary and his pals already did this for us

not sure who they think we're getting instead, but some of those are nonsense. particularly amrabat v mount opinions.

a few players don't even make the list.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:00 PM
Ethers

Amrabat is on loan, I think they’re just saying they haven’t seen anything so far to suggest it’s worth making the move permanent. Hardly a controversial opinion?

We spent a lot of money on Mount, and he’s barely been able to play a few games in succession, so it’s far too early to decide to get rid.

Pretty simple stuff.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:00 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

a few players don't even make the list.

That’s how crap they are.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Amrabat is on loan, I think they’re just saying they haven’t seen anything so far to suggest it’s worth making the move permanent. Hardly a controversial opinion?

We spent a lot of money on Mount, and he’s barely been able to play a few games in succession, so it’s far too early to decide to get rid.

Pretty simple stuff.
you said it.

as noted, it goes back to who they think we'll have instead. we need amrabat or a player like amrabat. we don't need mount or a player like mount.

also, if they don't know how mount plays without having seen him play for united, they must be just a little bit ignorant. "give him a chance!" however long you watch a centipede, it's not going to turn into a butterfly.

there is no sense of cohesion or priority in their choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
That’s how crap they are.
would agree, if talking about donnie, but how about amad? also, don't see the point in listing sancho (he's gone). would have included greenwood, too. might be dead to some, but as a player he is more useful than any forward we have.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:18 PM
tatty

Is Greenwood still a United player or did we cancel his contract?

Can’t even be arsed to google the answer.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Can’t even be arsed to google the answer.
natürlich.

on loan.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:37 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
natürlich.

on loan.

He’ll be back then.

Unread 16-12-2023, 02:38 PM
larry

Quote:
He’ll be back then.
i want this more than anything in the world

Unread 16-12-2023, 03:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
haven't we done this about a million times already.

and how £#%&!ing thick do you have to be to say rashford our player of the season last year is "absolutely not good enough" but Antony is a keeper.
Rashford has given up and has showed nothing for christ knows how long. Antony hasn't. I'd say there's more chance of Antony coming good than Rashford.

Unread 16-12-2023, 04:21 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Rashford has given up and has showed nothing for christ knows how long. Antony hasn't. I'd say there's more chance of Antony coming good than Rashford.
15 games.

if you'd done this thread during the summer (I'm sure you probably did) then no way would rashford be on the bin list.

so you're prepared to write him off after 15 games when he's admittedly been very poor, but not Antony? by the way rashford has 2 goals, 1 assist this season
Antony might be trying his hardest but he's on 0/0.

I think rashfords attitude problem is easily more fixable than antony's basic lack of competence

Unread 16-12-2023, 04:26 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
After Donny going and everyone pointing out that they always knew how terrible he was
Is this another of your everyone’s saying this thing that you’ve imagined in your head? Not seen any posts saying that. Any links?

Seen plenty saying he’s ended up being a massive waste of money. Which is true. Genuinely haven’t seen anyone making out they knew he’d be shit.