United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:51 PM
wiganste

Default So the scousers are out of the title race before we enter March

and we still have 4 trophies to play for.

The thing that pisses me off (don't get me wrong, I'm delighted they're not mounting a challenge again) is that they can now channel all their energy on the European Cup, whlst the really big clubs fight on all fronts, risking injuries & suspensions etc.

This is the kind of thing that really £#%&!s me off. Why should shite teams like Liverpool have the chance of winning Europes top prize when they can't even cut it domestically? (yes it's all about money before someone says)

They now have an advantage over some teams because they can now prepare for the European Cup, just like 05 & 07, better than clubs like ourselves, Barcelona, Munich etc.

What's the solution to this? Answers on a postcard please

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Whalefish

A war to end all wars.

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Switching Off

Beat them in the European Cup?

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:54 PM
denis lawless

have a whip round.....buy them ...and then drive the @#%&!s into the ground

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:01 AM
wiganste

Bunksy - I was saying in Milan to all that would listen that it's felt like a title race this season because those @#%&!s are (have been) up there. They're our rivals and it felt uncomfortable and exciting at the same time.

It's £#%&!ing magic to see them fail again and most of us could see it coming although the amount of times they have pulled themselves out of jail has been incredible.

There's no way Real Madrid will knock them out and I only hope that we beat Inter and draw them in the next round because for some £#%&!ing odd reason, Europes finest (yeah right) seem to fear that shower and have no idea how to play them.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Bunksy - I was saying in Milan to all that would listen that it's felt like a title race this season because those @#%&!s are (have been) up there. They're our rivals and it felt uncomfortable and exciting at the same time.

It's £#%&!ing magic to see them fail again and most of us could see it coming although the amount of times they have pulled themselves out of jail has been incredible.

There's no way Real Madrid will knock them out and I only hope that we beat Inter and draw them in the next round because for some £#%&!ing odd reason, Europes finest (yeah right) seem to fear that shower and have no idea how to play them.
I'd go with ALL of that mate and agree, apart from drawing them....(Hopefully) next round.

They may not even be there, i'd be happy for them to just go out quietly to a Lyon or Villareal...

As we play B. Munich....an amazing Game a Spectacle of football... PLEASE!

Its been/Still is an interesting season and having them @#%&!s around for a bit has made one to remember...

Onwards MUFC.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

it's a shame their challenge has amounted to £#%&! all, it would've been a proper £#%&!ing buzz at matches if they were still in it going into the last couple of months

as for Real, if Robben takes Liverpool on the way he did in the 1st leg the tie is far from over. will they be able to handle the atmosphere of a proper Europeamn night at Anfield though? Like the one when Marseille ripped the piss out of them, for instance.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
J_RED

If only there was a competition that only the Champions could play in and the only way to get into it would be to be Champions

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
gbmufc

United v Bayern final ....nailed on.

Liverpool, without Gerrard, will be lucky to win a chance to play in big ears next season

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Tronics

lets wait till we have our hands on the trophie first before we start ruling teams out.

dont wanna jinx it.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Camel

i think utd v vermin would make a great cl final. but i'd prefer barcelona.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:37 AM
BallroomBlitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
If only there was a competition that only the Champions could play in and the only way to get into it would be to be Champions
Aye, and we wouldn't have won the treble in 899

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallroomBlitzer
Aye, and we wouldn't have won the treble in 899
mcfly!

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
United v Bayern final ....nailed on.

Liverpool, without Gerrard, will be lucky to win a chance to play in big ears next season
One swallow doesn't make a summer. Don't let Bayern's midweek display mask how bad they've been at times ths year. They've done quite well in Europe, but have been dreadful in the league.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
One swallow doesn't make a summer. Don't let Bayern's midweek display mask how bad they've been at times ths year. They've done quite well in Europe, but have been dreadful in the league.
Confirmed.

I saw the Sporting score and thought 'Where the £#%&! did that come from?!'

Ribery is consistantly class though.

Unread 01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
gigo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
lets wait till we have our hands on the trophie first before we start ruling teams out.

dont wanna jinx it.

What he said.

Unread 01-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Mr_Ed

If we win our 18th title this year and they go and win the European cup playing that kind of shite that they did on Weds night football will be lost to me - that will not only ruin the achievement of our 18th but they've done it playing 1-9-1-0 too.

The did win it in Rome back in 84 too....

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
borsuk

liverpool were shocking in madrid. really, really poor. the only saving grace was how utterly abysmal madrid were.

i think virtually any team left in the competition will remove liverpool next round. they really are poor. the only teams i think they would have a good chance against are the english sides because it would be like a derby. form, ability, quality all much less important. and they'd be up for it big time against us.

i suspect at least one of roma and juve will go through in any case. possibly both. either of them would put the dippers out imho.

Unread 01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
liverpool were shocking in madrid. really, really poor. the only saving grace was how utterly abysmal madrid were.

i think virtually any team left in the competition will remove liverpool next round. they really are poor. the only teams i think they would have a good chance against are the english sides because it would be like a derby. form, ability, quality all much less important. and they'd be up for it big time against us.

i suspect at least one of roma and juve will go through in any case. possibly both. either of them would put the dippers out imho.
Borsuk, haven't you learned anything about Liverpool in this competition? They're always shit, they should always get knocked out but they always grind the opposition down to their level and then somehow get through.

It's baffling that a team as bad as them can get results in Europe.

Unread 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Borsuk, haven't you learned anything about Liverpool in this competition? They're always shit, they should always get knocked out but they always grind the opposition down to their level and then somehow get through.

It's baffling that a team as bad as them can get results in Europe.
I hear you brother. They finshed behind Everton n '05 yet knocked Juve, Chelsea and Milan out along the way.
Closed Thread