Originally Posted by Ethers
Berahino
He's £#%&!ing puddled big Berahino just begging to take the CL by storm

I'd take him as a back up striker... If we had any actual strikers to back up

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:25 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So? They have more players. They aren't going into Tuesday's game with 12 senior players to choose from. And while our players might be better on paper, they aren't doing it, got beat in Holland and couldn't beat PSV at OT, so obviously not that much better, if at all.
We haven't been in a situation where we've only had 12 players throughout the group stage, only Tuesday.

Quote:
Good, do a job players, yep. But too many old and past it players in key areas and paying for it. Too many young players trying to find their feet, and too many underperforming in general. And this has been the case, albeit with a constantly shifting squad, for 3-4 years, even when we last won the league, but it's all LvG's fault..
They might only be "do a job players" but they're still better than PSV's players

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We haven't been in a situation where we've only had 12 players throughout the group stage, only Tuesday.

They might only be "do a job players" but they're still better than PSV's players
Apparently not. They play for United so are assumed to be, reality is a bit different.

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:36 PM
20 times

Quote:
Apparently not. They play for United so are assumed to be, reality is a bit different.
They are. We've just got a shithead manager

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
They are. We've just got a shithead manager
Incorrect. the players are shit. They were shit under Fergie for 2 years, shit under Moyes and now shit under LvG, hence they are being £#%&!ed off and replaced as quickly as possible. That's Rooney, Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Jones and Mata, all shit under multiple United managers. The others that were shit under multiple managers have been £#%&!ed off, and replaced or need replacing. That little lot will be next.

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:46 PM
20 times

De Gea
Smelling
Darmian
Herrera
Schweinstiger
Schneiderlin
Mata
Depay
Martial
Carrick

All good players. Also Young has been decent over the last 18 months

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
De Gea
Smelling
Darmian
Herrera
Schweinstiger
Schneiderlin
Mata
Depay
Martial
Carrick

Darmian, Martial, Depay and Schneiderlin all struggling to settle or very young and need patience as they are inconsistent.

Carrick and Schweinsteiger too old to be consistent.

Young is so very average it's painful.

Mata

Smalling has been turned into the Rock upon which our very impressive defensive record is built by Big Louis. Herrera is good. De Gea is very good. So 3 players with any sort of consistency.

I wonder why we are struggling

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
20 times

Quote:
Darmian, Martial, Depay and Schneiderlin all struggling to settle or very young and need patience as they are inconsistent.

Carrick and Schweinsteiger too old to be consistent.

Young is so very average it's painful.

Mata

Smalling has been turned into the Rock upon which our very impressive defensive record is built by Big Louis. Herrera is good. De Gea is very good. So 3 players with any sort of consistency.

I wonder why we are struggling
We're not struggling. We're only a couple of points off top in the league? Isn't that what LVG apologists have been saying?

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
We're not struggling. We're only a couple of points off top in the league? Isn't that what LVG apologists have been saying?
In the CL. Struggling to qualify in the CL.. Jheezeeee

Unread 06-12-2015, 02:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
He's £#%&!ing puddled big Berahino just begging to take the CL by storm

I'd take him as a back up striker... If we had any actual strikers to back up
He was on twiiter yesterday liking 2 Utd posts on the main site then had to remove them absolutely loves Utd that lad topred I'd take him

Unread 06-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Sparky***

Berahino is a good player but has a huge attitude problem and has been in a sulk since he wasn't allowed to leave by west brom.

I think he'd do well at United tbh. Direct, fast, powerful, scores great goals...what's not to like?

Unread 06-12-2015, 02:29 PM
puressence

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Berahino is a good player but has a huge attitude problem and has been in a sulk since he wasn't allowed to leave by west brom.

I think he'd do well at United tbh. Direct, fast, powerful, scores great goals...what's not to like?
Think Anthony would really benefit from someone with legs around him berahino has an attitude but I really think he would thrive at Utd

Unread 06-12-2015, 03:19 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Don't drink and post kids.

Still agree with what I said, just the use of ☆☆

Unread 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Tiberian

Wolfsburg is a shit or get off the pot moment for LVG. No-one sane expects us the win the tournament but going out in the group stages would be unacceptable.

It is a tricky game, but they are 5th in the Bundesliga, struggling to score goals and have a dodgy back-line, little to be afraid of.

Unread 06-12-2015, 05:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Wolfsburg is a shit or get off the pot moment for LVG. No-one sane expects us the win the tournament but going out in the group stages would be unacceptable.

It is a tricky game, but they are 5th in the Bundesliga, struggling to score goals and have a dodgy back-line, little to be afraid of.
don't get that tbf. We've been shite for 3 years and have a shit squad but 'should' be in the latter stages of the CL? I'll be impressed if we make it to the last 16 tbh. Too many expectations based on what the club and the players used to achieve rather than why they are capable of currently..

Unread 06-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Serenity Now

29 matches unbeaten at home before they lost to a last minute goal from Dortmund yesterday. Getting a win there, with the level of pressure on the team, will be anything but straightforward. If we fail to qualify, it'll be down to that God-awful last 40 minutes against a very beatable PSV side, not because we didn't win in Germany.

Unread 06-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
don't get that tbf. We've been shite for 3 years and have a shit squad but 'should' be in the latter stages of the CL? I'll be impressed if we make it to the last 16 tbh. Too many expectations based on what the club and hell the players used to achieve rather than why they are capable of currently..
It is not that a difficult group Dunk, 3 fairly competent teams but if we go out all the other teams left in the competition will be happy to draw who comes out of this group.

We put great stock last year on getting back into this competition, not to accept meekly going out at the group stage. First knock out round or QF's at best is probably the limit at the moment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
29 matches unbeaten at home before they lost to a last minute goal from Dortmund yesterday. Getting a win there, with the level of pressure on the team, will be anything but straightforward. If we fail to qualify, it'll be down to that God-awful last 40 minutes against a very beatable PSV side, not because we didn't win in Germany.
Not pushing for the win away to CSKA also a factor?

Unread 06-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
De Gea
Smelling
Darmian
Herrera
Schweinstiger
Schneiderlin
Mata
Depay
Martial
Carrick

Got
Got
Got
NEEEEEEED
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got

dunk

It is when you have a squad the size of ours, several of who can't play twice a week and others have never played in the CL before..

There isn't a team going into the last 16 that would t be delighted to draw is atm, tbf.

Getting in it was step 1. Getting that money. Getting out of the group would be nice, not the end of the World though if we don't, being in it next year is far more important.

marlo

we aren't even going to score a goal ffs!
Closed Thread