United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Spiffy

Default Brian Clough>Sir Alex Ferguson

According to Roy Keane. Talking about Forrest, "Clough was the best manager I have ever played under."

MOTWYW.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Bet you loved that, didn't you? Why you hate Fergie so much is beyond me, tbh.

Just have a good look at what he has won us, please.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:19 PM
denis lawless

%@#$&!S

hth

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
According to Roy Keane. Talking about Forrest, "Clough was the best manager I have ever played under."

MOTWYW.
you've taken your time, that interview is 2 days old

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:

MOTWYW.
His opinion aint it. Who are we to judge, we haven't played under any of them

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

2 undoubtedly great managers, Clough edges it on the drinkers front, by the whole dying 'cos of it business.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Bet you loved that, didn't you? Why you hate Fergie so much is beyond me, tbh.

Just have a good look at what he has won us, please.
I don't hate Fergie so much, I just thought that people may be interested in what Fergie describes as his best ever player and representative on the pitch says about Fergie. Keane is very bitter about something, he got paid up and also got a testimonial. I cant see why he's still harbouring this grudge, maybe something went on that we are all still unaware of.

Nevertheless, his comments are interesting.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:24 PM
borsuk

of modern era managers in britain both of them have astonishing records. fergie shades it for me with his sheer longevity, but you could make a case for either. more a question of personal preference than anything else.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:25 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I don't hate Fergie so much, I just thought that people may be interested in what Fergie describes as his best ever player and representative on the pitch says about Fergie. Keane is very bitter about something, he got paid up and also got a testimonial. I cant see why he's still harbouring this grudge, maybe something went on that we are all still unaware of.

Not really. He's a bit of a moaning @#%&! and is probably still upset.

Keane should have left United well before they got rid of him. He clearly wasn't good enough anymore, we had to play an extra £#%&!ing midfielder to cater for him.

Also, do you not think it bothers Keane that when he left we went onto win 2 titles and a European Cup?

Maybe he thinks Fergie has 'won' the battle?

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Jez Quigley

is the best manager. End Of. I'll never forget when Big Ron left and worrying my little head so much....

However...........

I know football was different then but to take Derby County to the European Cup semi, Forest to win it twice, get players like Kenny Burns who were going nowhere and turn them into fearsome players, well, you have to respect Clough a hell of a lot - and he did it with style.

What he has acheived, SAF is amazing -and the way he has done it too...... But it shouldn't be a case of putting the other manager down - they had different canvases upon which to work their magic - and both were brilliant.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

if its his honest opinion why does it have to on the basis of a grudge

there aren't many that played for clough that don't hold the same view

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Don Stuarte

Roy Keane - Good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Alex Ferguson - Good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Brian Clough - good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Spiffy - shit poster - @#%&! of a man

MOTWYW

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:27 PM
History

Every single one us loves Alex Ferguson, Loves Alex Ferguson.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Karl Marginson shits on the pair of them.

[SIZE="1"]well since we are all out for an argument

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Not really. He's a bit of a moaning @#%&! and is probably still upset.

Keane should have left United well before they got rid of him. He clearly wasn't good enough anymore, we had to play an extra £#%&!ing midfielder to cater for him.

Also, do you not think it bothers Keane that when he left we went onto win 2 titles and a European Cup?

Maybe he thinks Fergie has 'won' the battle?
clearly bothers him. both as stubborn as each other.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
2 undoubtedly great managers, Clough edges it on the drinkers front, by the whole dying 'cos of it business.
Clough knew £#%&! all about goalkeepers

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Amish Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
of modern era managers in britain both of them have astonishing records. fergie shades it for me with his sheer longevity, but you could make a case for either. more a question of personal preference than anything else.
Ferguson has broken two long standing football monopolies (Old Firm/Liverpoo). As good as Clough is he never did it once. Both Derby and Forest had their day in the sun but quickly disappeared. The longevity of Ferguson is an obvious factor and the ability to keep both United and Aberdeen at the top for so long makes him far superior IMO.

Clough tried and failed at his one 'big' club and his reputation as a no nonesense manager/individual probably makes him out to be closer to genius than he actually ever was.

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Every single one us loves Alex Ferguson, Loves Alex Ferguson.
Er ! Not me

Oh yes, well there is one of us but apart from that Brian - there is not a single on of us who doesnt love Alex Ferguson

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:35 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
Ferguson has broken two long standing football monopolies (Old Firm/Liverpoo). As good as Clough is he never did it once. Both Derby and Forest had their day in the sun but quickly disappeared. The longevity of Ferguson is an obvious factor and the ability to keep both United and Aberdeen at the top for so long makes him far superior IMO.

Clough tried and failed at his one 'big' club and his reputation as a no nonesense manager/individual probably makes him out to be closer to genius than he actually ever was.
spot on

Unread 28-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash

Have you read "The Damned United"? Ace book - well worth it.

Agere that it is SAF's longevity that marks him out - bloody hell, Mike Walker at Norwich did well temporarily! Brian Little at Villa was flavour of the month for a while too! The fact that SAF has built so many different teams playing in different styles is remarkable - but I still say both were brilliant in their own way.
Closed Thread