United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:55 PM
violater

Default hate to be the one to say it but you just know we are going out dont you??

i can put money on it im afraid...

benfica are the last team i would have wanted us to play.

they keep the ball very well and will deny united space in the midfield.

our team will then start to look disjointed with rooney on the left,ronaldo running down the right wing into a blind alley and saha frustrated and isolated upfront.

giggs will pick up an injury and come off for jos , we will concede a soft goal midway through the first half from a mistake from heinze or evra.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:56 PM
ToNy

pls dont make me cry!!!!!

i £#%&!ing shakin here, i can just see our season going downhill from here

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

oh my god.

Come on lads, your better than this. Look at our league form. We are still top of our group as well.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:59 PM
dakpul

tbh i think loosing to benfica could be a good thing, we havent got the squad to go all the way so why bother, might as well concentrate soley on the league..

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:00 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
oh my god.

Come on lads, your better than this. Look at our league form. We are still top of our group as well.
what?
how did you work that out...

i just know he wont win the benfica game.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Rhodzy

well we should win the uefa cup

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
tbh i think loosing to benfica could be a good thing, we havent got the squad to go all the way so why bother, might as well concentrate soley on the league..
Going out in Europe is a huge blow to morale of the club. We can not afford a third flop in a row, plus if we want to be able to attract players we need to show them that we can compete in europe.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:04 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Going out in Europe is a huge blow to morale of the club. We can not afford a third flop in a row, plus if we want to be able to attract players we need to show them that we can compete in europe.
do you think we will qualify....?

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Lazarus

Our squad is so small - tiny in terms of quality - that if we went out I wouldn't cry my eyes out.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
haha shouldnt laugh at this time but this is the first time Ive noticed your avatar properly!

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
dakpul, you being a mod and that, what's the worst thing I could possibly call you and NOT get banned?Something worse than 'idiot' but not as bad as #@&%!?

That was a really daft statement.I don't think we've got the squad for the league, so should we just forget about it?

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:11 PM
borsuk

Default don't worry lads

reinforcements are on the way

we're going to blow the entire transfer budget on a cuptied m/f

i'm not worried now

but when we've missed a dozen or so chances

and it's still 0-0

and fergie decides we can't risk losing a late goal

and we're playing one up front

and o'pie is coming on

and they get a free kick thirty yards out

then it might just be creaky balls time

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Lodestar

We will qualify, that doesn't concern me. It is the knock out phase that is the problem.

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
do you think we will qualify....?
Still yes, however in Europe when the pressure is on we do not seem to perform. Benfica are an average side, they were appalling against us at their place(forgotten in how bad we were)

We should beat them, but if we start tring to be clever and play this european style then we can struggle. If they score first weare in trouble.

dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
dakpul, you being a mod and that, what's the worst thing I could possibly call you and NOT get banned?Something worse than 'idiot' but not as bad as #@&%!?

That was a really daft statement.I don't think we've got the squad for the league, so should we just forget about it?

Sticks and stones may break your bones but they will never hurt me.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:14 PM
chorleyred

err celtic are top of our group and have qualified with that win.

we need a draw to qualify, not the end of the world but another nailbiter of a final game once again where anything can happen

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Lazarus

If we could go out and avoid the uefa cup...I'd be fine with that.

The only thing I care about is the league and our paper thin squad could only ever realistically get one or t'other.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Sparky***

here's the simple facts guys - our squad isn't good enough to win the champions league.

We have a very good first 11. that's it. did you see our bench tonight? Not one striker. Not one.

And we're going to win the champions league by bringing on John o'shea? do me a £#%&!ing favour.

Lets just thankgod we're top of the league at home and concentrate on that - our manager lost the plot in europe about 7 years ago. forget it.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred

we need a draw to qualify, not the end of the world but another nailbiter of a final game once again where anything can happen
JFK has been shot and is dead also.

Lee somebody did it.

Unread 21-11-2006, 11:17 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred

did we not need a draw agaisnt benfica last time...
Closed Thread