United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:35 PM
Sheik JaBooty

I'm not sure what a realistic aim would have been for his second season, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't absolute £#%&!ing shambles.

Hasn't he seen enough of Martial and Antony yet?

How has he managed to downgrade from a goalkeeper that can't even find a club in the Championship?

Why does he think it's a good idea to play without a midfield?

Could he not tell from the flow of the game that it wasn't working by the 30 minute mark, and unless he made the necessary changes it was more likely to go 0-2 than 1-1?

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
I'm not sure what a realistic aim would have been for his second season,
It started with us challenging for the title…then it was secure top 4

Now I’d be happy if United just stopped making me cry…

Today was a shocker.

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:47 PM
believe

I think we should set our targets on a draw. Just one would do for now.

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
I'm not sure what a realistic aim would have been for his second season, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't absolute £#%&!ing shambles.

Hasn't he seen enough of Martial and Antony yet?

How has he managed to downgrade from a goalkeeper that can't even find a club in the Championship?

Why does he think it's a good idea to play without a midfield?

Could he not tell from the flow of the game that it wasn't working by the 30 minute mark, and unless he made the necessary changes it was more likely to go 0-2 than 1-1?
The season is dying in front of us. We keep waiting for each promising result to kick start something, but it never does. In fact it’s actually quite impressive how we can play so differently in the space of three days.

The really concerning aspect is that we are worse in every department than this time last season.

I had a lot more sympathy when we had so many injuries earlier in the season, but there’s really no excuse for us being this bad. That was a truly horrific result and performance. Up there with the worst and not indicative of a team making progress.

We play well very sporadically and frankly, any team in the league can do that. Poor teams pull performances out of their arse from time to time before reverting to type. That’s us right now.

Difficult and shit times

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:58 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
That’s right son, jog on.
Will do but you’re still a gimp.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Will do but you’re still a gimp.
should save the insults for when you haven’t made yourself look like a @#%&!, mate. Just makes you look like you’re seething, otherwise. Enjoy your evening.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:02 PM
Finport Red

Today is hard to take. This was the chance to actually build something, to mar progress in the league and set us up for a chance at top 4 in the new year. And he starts martial. I’m not sure i can forgive him for that.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:08 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
should save the insults for when you haven’t made yourself look like a @#%&!, mate. Just makes you look like you’re seething, otherwise. Enjoy your evening.
Wasn’t an insult, just an adjective to describe your forum personality (hope it’s only online).

You literally think that Garnacho has been the best player in the league for November and use the term ‘know ball’.

Peace out.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Wasn’t an insult, just an adjective to describe your forum personality (hope it’s only online).

You literally think that Garnacho has been the best player in the league for November and use the term ‘know ball’.

Peace out.
Thought you were jogging on…

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:13 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you don’t want to back up your nonsense opinion. As I thought.
You know he's doing a poor job. Stop pretending otherwise to look sagey on the Internet.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

I don’t know why people reply on this thread trying to out sage each other.

This United side are an absolute bag of cats and you know they’ll make you look stupid within about 3 days

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:16 PM
puressence

He’s just not very good

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don’t know why people reply on this thread trying to out sage each other.

This United side are an absolute bag of cats and you know they’ll make you look stupid within about 3 days
It’s pretty much the only fun thing about following us atm.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:23 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Bayern
Dippers
West Ham (a)
Villa Boxing Day

Merry Xmas
We’ll be lucky to get a goal never mind a point.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It’s pretty much the only fun thing about following us atm.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:41 PM
marlo

can someone from the Erik Tan Hoes tell me what they were actually thinking going into this season with a manager whose in game management is as bad as it gets and with a forward line a Hojlund, rashford and Antony. ???

seriously this season was always going to stink.

Liverpool were not far off us in terms of quality last summer, they added the midfielders they needed because they had a decent forward line.
We had an adequate keeper and needed maybe one midfielder and two proven goal scorers.

Instead we bought a midfielder that doesn’t fit any system and a striker who is still raw.
but someone you maintain the belief that it’s not the managers fault. The man who bought these players and has been coaching this side for 18 months?
where do you buy your crack cocaine from lads?

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:44 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
can someone from the Erik Tan Hoes tell me what they were actually thinking going into this season with a manager whose in game management is as bad as it gets and with a forward line a Hojlund, rashford and Antony. ???

seriously this season was always going to stink.

Liverpool were not far off us in terms of quality last summer, they added the midfielders they needed because they had a decent forward line.
We had an adequate keeper and needed maybe one midfielder and two proven goal scorers.

Instead we bought a midfielder that doesn’t fit any system and a striker who is still raw.
but someone you maintain the belief that it’s not the managers fault. The man who bought these players and has been coaching this side for 18 months?
where do you buy your crack cocaine from lads?
Yet we were very good on Wednesday, by your own admission. You weren’t enjoying it like you are today, but you did admit it.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:59 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Yet we were very good on Wednesday, by your own admission. You weren’t enjoying it like you are today, but you did admit it.
we were ok against a very shit Chelsea team. It was like a basketball game…

We have a clueless manager in Charge who is out of his depth.
We’ve played about 25 games this season …and I’m about 23 of them everyone is hoping we make changes at HT. what does that say about the manager?

Every week we are losing games against average opposition or nicking wins against shit oppositon.
we are bottom of our ecl group, knocked out the carling cup, beater by both tier 1 and tier 2 level premier league teams and our football is disgusting

Our squad is being managed poorly and our manager is falling out with his own players some of whom are the least problematic you’ll ever find (varane)

How can we be worse that the back end of last season? What are those idiots with iPads doing every day?

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:01 PM
united_1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We have a clueless manager in Charge who is out of his depth.
who would you go for instead?

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:10 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by united_1878
who would you go for instead?
inzaghi.
Closed Thread