United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-04-2024, 08:22 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Fair play you still haven't joined many of us already on the out train,be interested to hear your reasons for keeping faith in him
If Finpers thinks Bruno shouldn't be in the team then not sure its a valid opinion anyway TBF

Unread 15-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
If Finpers thinks Bruno shouldn't be in the team then not sure its a valid opinion anyway TBF
Not what I said. Though I think in the long term, we will be a better team without him.

This season has been one disaster after another, With injuries to key players at critical times from the very start of the season, and that after we had Greenwood removed when too late/no money left to replace him. Every time we’ve got to the point of building a little momentum, some new disaster comes upon us.

Ive written this season off now, but I think the manager built up enough credit in the first season to stick with him through this summer’s transfer window, to see what we bring in under the new structure and how that goes. I genuinely still don’t think we are too far away, we just need the right players in the right positions, all playing like they actually care about winning.

If there was an obvious available replacement for ETH (other than Ancelotti) I’d maybe be more persuaded, but i can’t see one.

Unread 15-04-2024, 09:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Not what I said. Though I think in the long term, we will be a better team without him.

This season has been one disaster after another, With injuries to key players at critical times from the very start of the season, and that after we had Greenwood removed when too late/no money left to replace him. Every time we’ve got to the point of building a little momentum, some new disaster comes upon us.

Ive written this season off now, but I think the manager built up enough credit in the first season to stick with him through this summer’s transfer window, to see what we bring in under the new structure and how that goes. I genuinely still don’t think we are too far away, we just need the right players in the right positions, all playing like they actually care about winning.

If there was an obvious available replacement for ETH (other than Ancelotti) I’d maybe be more persuaded, but i can’t see one.
Sense.

Unread 15-04-2024, 10:18 AM
redhegemony

Don't see that Bournemouth changes anything I wasnt expecting anything different we are listing just hope he has enough to get us through the semi.

Unread 15-04-2024, 10:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Bournemouth doesn’t change anything - it’s just a continuation of the same performances that have plagued us all season. A badly motivated team, incompetent in the basics set up to concede possession and allowing a historic number of shots to be made against us. We claw back games through some increasingly rare individual brilliance but the team looks bereft of ideas, lacks coherency, is ill equipped to challenge games with players that don’t perform given extended periods and those that do being subbed off.

Unfortunately, too many of this seasons problems rest with Ten Hag. He’s had a shitty hand to play with but he’s made it far worse than it should ever be.

Unread 15-04-2024, 10:34 AM
est.1878

since player motivation is without question a huge factor propose we go on a 2 year period of installing caretaker managers who each take 3 games. must be some stats to back this up. AI would definitely advise this

Unread 15-04-2024, 11:37 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:

This is where I'm at with it all too

Unread 15-04-2024, 11:44 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Not what I said.
So you expect me to read AND comprehend your posts properly now do you?

Quote:
Though I think in the long term, we will be a better team without him.
Though I do wholeheartedly disagree with this bit.

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
since player motivation is without question a huge factor propose we go on a 2 year period of installing caretaker managers who each take 3 games. must be some stats to back this up. AI would definitely advise this
Rotating one-month manager picked at random from the squad. They get a fur coat / rollneck sweater / tracksuit as desired.

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:06 PM
magic_cantona

I'm still struggling with the "there's no one else that could come in and do better" line. It makes me genuinely question if people are actually seeing just how bad our "football" is.

Look around at the football played by lesser teams (lol) against us

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:18 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Tatty’s got a point. Word on the street is that Joel Glazer called ten hag before the match insisting Rashford wasn’t at any point subbed. Avril texted him demanding tenners kept us wide open for any opposition attacks and said he would be fired if the opposition had less than 80% of all shots in the match.

Tough demands but tbf to ten hag, he’s delivering.
Why'd he have to go and make things so complicated?

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
Why'd he have to go and make things so complicated?
sk88er boi.

Unread 15-04-2024, 01:37 PM
NedKelly

I just don’t understand why people are turning on him.

Unread 15-04-2024, 01:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I just don’t understand why people are turning on him.
Modern human attention spans now last no longer than a few months, every single one of the outers are influenced by talksport, podcasts or online chatter.....

The inability to think for themselves, COVID pack mentality....

If they can be convinced to stay inside for a cold, then a manger with 66 injuries, 32 different back fours is toast after a draw v Brentford.....

Forget his first season, his third cup final etc...

Get him gone....

Water cooler reds. Shooting the shit with Derek from accounts...

Unread 15-04-2024, 01:51 PM
madhattricks

Supposedly there is some big news coming at 3pm. Hmmmm

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:01 PM
Medlock

Case for keeping him:
- got top 4 last season
- won the coca cola last season (opponents Aston Villa, Burnley, Charlton, Notts Forest and Newcastle)
- has brought young players into the squad (Garnacho, and Mainoo)
- has been unlucky with injuries
-has shown can stand up to players off field (Ronaldo, Sancho)
- has desptached Klopp into a lunatic assylum

Against
- Has watched us been insanely open from the first game of the season vs Wolves until the last game vs Bournemouth without, seemingly, made any attempt to change things. If he has tried it has failed utterly
- Minus goal difference in April
- Worst ever performance in the Champions League
- historically catastrophic results against both main rivals and Premier league canon fodder
- On field allows players to be totally undisciplined resulting in a chaotic mess every single game
- the worst performances in all our lifetimes (except possibly No Fun). 2 or 3 decency performances all seaon
-mixed record (at best) in the transfer market

Happy for any one to add to list but seems to be a clear case for the sack. Of all the points I'd say the inability to recognise or resolve castrophic on field problems is the main one. I reckon a new manager could tighten us up and get more goals out of us in a couple of weeks

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Despite the 166 injuries this season his ability to coax out the exact same performance regardless of opposition or the team he is fielding is genuinely impressive

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
every single one of the outers are influenced by talksport, podcasts or online chatter.....
I'm influenced by his evident inability to learn and adapt. nothing else. I don't blame him for not fixing problems he can't fix, but I very much blame him for not fixing problems he can fix.

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock View Post
Case for keeping him:
- got top 4 last season
- won the coca cola last season (opponents Aston Villa, Burnley, Charlton, Notts Forest and Newcastle)
- has brought young players into the squad (Garnacho, and Mainoo)
- has been unlucky with injuries
-has shown can stand up to players off field (Ronaldo, Sancho)
- has desptached Klopp into a lunatic assylum

Against
- Has watched us been insanely open from the first game of the season vs Wolves until the last game vs Bournemouth without, seemingly, made any attempt to change things. If he has tried it has failed utterly
- Minus goal difference in April
- Worst ever performance in the Champions League
- historically catastrophic results against both main rivals and Premier league canon fodder
- On field allows players to be totally undisciplined resulting in a chaotic mess every single game
- the worst performances in all our lifetimes (except possibly No Fun). 2 or 3 decency performances all seaon
-mixed record (at best) in the transfer market

Happy for any one to add to list but seems to be a clear case for the sack. Of all the points I'd say the inability to recognise or resolve castrophic on field problems is the main one. I reckon a new manager could tighten us up and get more goals out of us in a couple of weeks
Cold hard facts right in the kisser. Agree with the last sentence especially. Really not very difficult at all to improve us considerably. His approach is brain dead.

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Cold hard facts right in the kisser. Agree with the last sentence especially. Really not very difficult at all to improve us considerably. His approach is brain dead.
It's clear as day.

The inners will happily demand you throw a name in - as if daring you to expose your lack of 'ball knowledge'. It's not about who you can suggest who'll come in and have a Ferguson type legacy, it's about manager coming in and making us a competent team. It's not that big an ask with what we're seeing every £#%&!ing game.