United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:01 PM
silv

No need Ronaldo

Still maintain it was the right decision signing him even if it’s ending like this. The thought of him signing for City would’ve been much worse

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s always been like this but before he was worth dealing with his primadonna behaviour for what he brought on the pitch

Now he’s not worth it and he’ll find it very hard to find a top club out there that thinks he is still worth it

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:03 PM
puressence

Can’t wait for his sisters comment the absolute munter

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
No one is buying out his 52 mil contract - certainly not him. Expect he'll go on loan with half his salary being subsidised.
The contract is about £20m at this point, the option of the additional year isn’t being taken up by anyone imo.

Should have ripped it up and let him walk in July.

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:06 PM
Neo

State of some of the reactions.

“Sell him!”

“I hate him!

Standard Ronaldo, tbh. Despises not being involved; will be seething tonight refusing to talk to Georgina because he didn’t add to his goal tally.

He will be first in at Carrington for the next training session. Ten Hag will have a word, and he’ll probably score next game. Non-story.

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
His behaviour tonight was totally not on, but I do find all the "hate him" stuff a bit overdone tbh.

He's probably frustrated at his own waning powers as much as anything.
Possibly because I’m a united fan - not a Ronaldo fan. Have you watched us over the last 10 years? Progress is fragile - a fine line at times - and can be easily undone. Ronaldo creates more toxicity in that dressing room and it might not matter how good ten hag is. Our best performance. Progress at last and it’s about him being a sulky @#%&! and our manager having to discipline him just to protect his own authority.

£#%&! him the selfish #@&%! .

And you. Stop being a £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:27 PM
tatty

We've played far better tonight without him.

He's a legend for the club and top 5 ever to play the game for me.

But it's over, he needs to go.

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:29 PM
Switching Off

Thought he would have come on at 2 up.

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I’d imagine they wanted Rashford to stay on and get the minutes in his legs and the goal he richly deserved.

Pretty sure Conte sent Sanchez on with instructions to smash Rashford first chance, and get that lower back

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:32 PM
Boring Dave

In terms of our greatest players it’s:

1: Roy Keane

This absolute flump doesn’t come close

Unread 19-10-2022, 11:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Wanted Garnacho myself....

Unread 20-10-2022, 01:08 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
No need Ronaldo

Still maintain it was the right decision signing him even if it’s ending like this. The thought of him signing for City would’ve been much worse
Nope he's held us back, tried his best to get a move in the Summer (against the club's wishes), and is now making a big fuss any time he doesn't start despite being a shadow of the player he was.

Unread 20-10-2022, 01:29 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Can't take that risk. Its one thing watching him bambi-around against Amonia, its another against a team who can really punish on the counter. What the 1D Rashers-haters fail to grasp is that his press from the front is immensely important in these games (its no surprise his 3 best performances have been vs Arsenal, L'pool, Spurs - he thrives in space and puts immense work in on the break, regardless of what one may read.). Lose that and they move further up the pitch and more risk of Kane/Son getting in. Kane could (perhaps should) have scored just before the 2nd; even at 2-0 a goal can change the game.

Save Ronaldo for his jog out against the Cypriots and such until he leaves.

Unread 20-10-2022, 03:31 AM
westcoastvan

I thought it was insane to sign a 36 year old past his prime Ronaldo on the wages he has.

The effort at the time should have been on getting a younger quality CDM, you could have made due with Cavani for one my year.

I think his attitude had a lot to do with the dressing room unrest last season, and antics like that... just reinforce my suspicions.

Unread 20-10-2022, 03:48 AM
believe

I see most of the people who want Ronaldo gone are the same ones who would still have Cavani and Zlatan playing for us. Real United legends.

Unread 20-10-2022, 03:58 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I see most of the people who want Ronaldo gone are the same ones who would still have Cavani and Zlatan playing for us. Real United legends.
Absolutely no one with sense would want Cavani or Ibra at Utd in 2022. Absolutely no justification for Ronaldo being at the club in this way.

Unread 20-10-2022, 05:53 AM
Stickman

Must put his nose right out of joint seeing Varane and Casemiro living it up while Elanga gets on over him.

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:05 AM
Mr_Ed

His behaviour has slightly tainted what was our best performance under ETH to date.

Completely unnecessary so he needs fining and we move on. If he doesn’t play by the rules then sell him. Nobody is bigger than the club and he’s giving ETH ammunition to solidify his position.

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:25 AM
Bunker Buster

Apparently wasn't the only sub to go down to the dressing room ?? The camera obviously picked up on just him....

Anyone confirm ? (This was a 3am tick tock vlog piece)

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:31 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

On one hand he is that bit too old, on the other he acts like a teenager He needs to shape up and play like the pro he reckons he is and realise, like everyone else, he's a squad member.

The leaving the bench last night was pure childish, there was maybe 10 minutes to go with added time, never mind not celebrating a team win. Sure ETH wont put up with that shit
Closed Thread