United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
dunk

Thumbs up Guess who watched El Classico this evening....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-21327349/

Quote:
Ronaldo says he'll stay at Manchester United

EXCLUSIVE by Simon Mullock 2/05/2009

Red Devil quashes talk of move to Real Madrid
Ronaldo to stay at United

Cristiano Ronaldo has finally killed off claims that he is heading to Real Madrid this summer.

In his strongest public statement about his future at Manchester United, Ronaldo said: “I’m no longer thinking of Madrid. That dream is dead.

Advertisement - article continues below »

"The only thing I dream about now is Manchester United and winning the Champions League again in Rome.”

The Portuguese winger has enraged United fans by courting interest from the Spanish giants.
Not that he was ever going anywhere anyway.

Oh, and Rooney is staying for life

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...s-delight.html

Quote:
Rooney, 23, who joined United from Everton in a £26 million deal in 2004, has three years left on his contract and, although there have not been any discussions, the England forward would not hesitate to sign. "I am happy here and I'd sign a new contract anytime. I want to stay at this club for the rest of my career. I will sign an extension any time the club want me to."

Rooney is closing on 250 appearances and hopes to emulate veterans Paul Scholes and Giggs, who recently made their 600th and 800th appearances respectively. "If I got anywhere near that I would be really happy.

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Switching Off

Imagine if Barca signed him. Ronaldo and Messi in the same team

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:55 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Imagine if Barca signed him. Ronaldo and Messi in the same team
Imagine if WE signed Messi

Nah in all serious i'd love to see Messi wearing the shirt, but he seems a really honest lad and can seeing him being a one player club

Unread 03-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Nah in all serious i'd love to see Messi wearing the shirt, but he seems a really honest lad and can seeing him being a one player club
A common mistake.

Unread 03-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Maradona says one reason the love affair at Barca ended was that he couldn't help noticing that lots of Spaniards considered him a second-class citizen for being South American. Times may have changed since then, but if Messi ever got that feeling, you'd have to think he'd move on at some point.

Unread 03-05-2009, 04:02 AM
ScarFace

Dont think Barca have the money for Ronaldo unless thy sell or add players.

Dunno why anybody in their right mind would leave a team at the top, in the top league.

It's like £#%&!ing a girl with a shoe size 3 and going with a girl with a size 7....£#%&!kkkk offffff

Unread 03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Manchester

So Ronaldo says "The only thing I dream about now is Manchester United and winning the Champions League again in Rome."

And Tevez says "Yes it's true I see myself more leaving United than staying here."

Why doesn't the little Argentinian with the shocking first touch, just shut the £#%&! up and try and concentrate on winning the league and champions league?

If Ronaldo had come out with that statement, everyone would be going mad and hating him more than they have done already this season.

Unread 03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Twote Bohng

yes that's exactly what it's like. twot.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Maradona says one reason the love affair at Barca ended was that he couldn't help noticing that lots of Spaniards considered him a second-class citizen for being South American. Times may have changed since then, but if Messi ever got that feeling, you'd have to think he'd move on at some point.
I know the Spanish are known for their racism but times must have changed since the early 80s.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It's like £#%&!ing a girl with a shoe size 3 and going with a girl with a size 7....£#%&!kkkk offffff

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

According to the Star, Madrid want Evra.

PSG probably want him too and I'd imagine the New England Revolution would love to have Rio but that doesn't actually mean anything does it.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
According to the Star, Madrid want Evra.

PSG probably want him too and I'd imagine the New England Revolution would love to have Rio but that doesn't actually mean anything does it.
Rumours have been around for a while that Evra hasn't been in Fergie's good books for a while, so I wouldn't be shocked if we did let him go to be honest.

And he hasn't helped himself with his poor performances since the league cup final.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Rumours have been around for a while that Evra hasn't been in Fergie's good books for a while, so I wouldn't be shocked if we did let him go to be honest.

And he hasn't helped himself with his poor performances since the league cup final.

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Luffy

I've always maintained that the madrid stuff was ronaldo angling for a new man utd contract following a super human season. he was trying to cash in on his awesome year.

his madrid dream is probably like ronaldinho's dream to play for us, his using us on pro evo etc.

hardly on the same level as wazza's burning desire to leave everton to come here or bebratov to leave spurs.

ronnie and rooney were born to play for this club and their era will eclipse all others that have gone before!

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seriously, Fergie fell out with him a few months back apparently.

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Over?

I seriously doubt there is much they could fall out over that would prompt Fergie to sell his first choice LB and probably the best LB in Europe/the World, despite a few bad games, tbh.

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Fergie fell out with Anderson last season, big whoop.

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Over?

I seriously doubt there is much they could fall out over that would prompt Fergie to sell his first choice LB and probably the best LB in Europe/the World, despite a few bad games, tbh.
Not too sure.

Prior to the league cup final he was one of the best in Europe, but since then, he's been nowhere near that, sadly.

I hope he bucks up and stays, but from what i've heard, things aren't looking too good for him.

Unread 03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
silv

Quote:
Not too sure.

Prior to the league cup final he was one of the best in Europe, but since then, he's been nowhere near that, sadly.

I hope he bucks up and stays, but from what i've heard, things aren't looking too good for him.
I thought he was excellent v Arsenal.

Unread 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Twote Bohng

yep evras gone this summer, as are park and tevez
Closed Thread