United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Even if we beat Palace at weekend, we've won fewer league games this season than we did under Moyes.

Whichever way you slice it, that's a £#%&!ing disgrace.
this isn't true either.

we've won 17 so far, with a game to go.

moyes won 17.

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
If we lose on Wednesday, just watch all the calls for Mourinho's head.
Thanks for the heads up.

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:29 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Try looking at the bigger picture, rather than the two tin pot trophies we may win.
Our football is the worst out of anybody in the top half of the prem. We have a manager that is terrified to lose a game, so insists on having everybody defending, rather than doing the jobs they should be doing. We're about 500 points behind Chelsea. Just look at our record against the other top 6 sides.

If we lose on Wednesday, just watch all the calls for Mourinho's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
So how did you choose your username pal?

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:29 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Sounds like it chose him tbh

Difficult to argue though.

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:44 AM
hopkins

move over whalefish, looks like the new high lord of doom is in town

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:45 AM
NegativeNorris

Fair enough, but I can't find any reason to be positive.
If anybody has any genuine arguments against anything I said, I'd love to hear it. I just don't feel like we've progressed at all, and it worries me tbh.

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Zorg

Don't know why people find it so hard to step back a little.

Good: one major trophy and close to another in his first season. Plenty of young players used. Long unbeaten run.

Bad: sixth in the league. Succession of mind-crushingly pathetic draws against utter dross. Too negative at times. Players sold in Jan not replaced.

What's hysterical about that?

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
If anybody has any genuine arguments against anything I said, I'd love to hear it. I just don't feel like we've progressed at all, and it worries me tbh.
we stopped taking the league seriously about 6 weeks ago after taking the new champions apart. if we'd converted a small proportion of the great chances that went begging at OT in some of them draws then we'd have easily been top 4. our away form is title-winning form - or it was before we stopped taking it seriously. we're in the uefa cup final where we'll meet ajax of amsterdam in a throwback to the 70s

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:04 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
move over whalefish, looks like the new high lord of doom is in town
What happened to him? Locked himself in a room to play football manager so he can suggest some players united should sign?

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:05 AM
saffers

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
If you had watched all our league games this season up until City & Swansea and hadn't seen everything from the Chelsea game as a big jump forward compared to the last 3 seasons you're blind. Yes we drew a lot of games but most of those games we dominated and made more than enough chances to win comfortably. Maybe if we still had a few of the players who left because of Moyes or were dumped by Van Gaal without being replaced we'd be in a better position still.

All that's happened sice the City game has given the dick heads their chance to roll out their opinions of José that they had before he even came to United. Agenda driven £#%&!wits circle jerking it.

w****rs.

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Good: one major trophy and close to another in his first season. Plenty of young players used. Long unbeaten run.

Bad: sixth in the league. Succession of mind-crushingly pathetic draws against utter dross. Too negative at times. Players sold in Jan not replaced.

exactly. we're potentially a very good team and hopefully we can come out of mourinho's first season with a great buzz from stockholm.

there's plenty to do to get us flowing in attack but plenty of evidence that it can happen. if you can't score you have to not concede otherwise you tank.

my biggest issue with this season by far is that when we've actually began to turn the screw in games we've released it again inside 10 minutes. that's the key thing we need to fix at old trafford - turn it until the opposition break, then twist the knife. then meander through the rest of the game if you really want to and no-one will care.

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Simple proof of progression is whats happened on the pitch, under van gaal we didnt win enough games because we didnt create enough chances, under Jose we havent won enough games because we haven't finished enough chances. Still a massive problem but definitely progressive.

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:20 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Agenda driven £#%&!wits circle jerking it.
mourinho reverts to type and it's an agenda? mmmk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Simple proof of progression is whats happened on the pitch, under van gaal we didnt win enough games because we didnt create enough chances, under Jose we havent won enough games because we haven't finished enough chances. Still a massive problem but definitely progressive.
yup. if you ignore the fact that we haven't won enough games due to his negative tactics and initiative-handing substitutions, particularly when leading. spot on, apart from that.

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Can't have reasonable debate on here tbf. You're either right, wrong, or a @#%&!

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
We missed plenty of gilt edged chances under LvG, usually while on top, then lost momentum and drifted when we failed to score in our good spell. Same as this season. Albeit much less direct last season, so chance creation has been tougher.

Both issues look born out of reluctance to expose defence/midfield to counter attack to a large degree..

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:25 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

if you can't score you have to not concede otherwise you tank.
This is true and, at least in part, why Mourinho's approach shifted as the season progressed. Even if we change nothing else about this squad we absolutely must get players who can create and convert chances for next season or we'll be in exactly the same spot. This lot are a collection of under performers and incapables.

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:34 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Can't have reasonable debate on here tbf. You're either right, wrong, or a @#%&!
I think you'll find it's a right @#%&! or a wrong @#%&!

Unread 18-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mourinho reverts to type and it's an agenda? mmmk.

yup. if you ignore the fact that we haven't won enough games due to his negative tactics and initiative-handing substitutions, particularly when leading. spot on, apart from that.
The 'negative' stuff only got an airing after the Derby tbf.

Don't remember too many posts October-March that claimed negativity at all. With the injuries in the latter part of the season being more conservative is a must due to the lack of depth. Selling 2 midfielders and not bringing anyone in was extremely short sited, no argument there and for me is the key area. We've got a class manager who's still sorting the mess out left for him by the previous 2 managers. As transitional seasons go it's not a half bad one, if we win next week there is only Chelsea who have had a better season than us and there's not a team placed 2nd - in 5th who wouldn't swap our season for theirs. Maybe City because they're liars and finishing above us is the only thing they care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We missed plenty of gilt edged chances under LvG, usually while on top, then lost momentum and drifted when we failed to score in our good spell. Same as this season. Albeit much less direct this season, so chance creation has been tougher.

Both issues look born out of reluctance to expose defence/midfield to counter attack to a large degree..
LVG's good spell was 3 games and there were shit loads of games where we barely made chances Bar the goals scored.