United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:29 PM
gasman

Default A way back for Mourinho

Alright, so he's engaged himself into self destruct mode and pulling all his usual stunts that come along with it. Publicly criticizing anything that that could be deemed a decent looking scapegoat.
So what happens next on his usual journey is that he's sacked, paid his compensation package and he starts looking for his next victim.

What if something happens that he's never experienced before and the club stand by him Where could he go from that position? Surely he can't just keep hitting the self destruct button and picking Phil Jones, Fellaini and McTom in a back 3 every week until we finally crack and sack him. What if he's forced to see this through and somehow manages to find his way out of the mess. Nobody has ever backed him from this point on so he's never had the chance to show if he can turn it around or not, what if he actually can?

I'm not saying this is my opinion (like the majority I think he should be gone already) but I just don't know with our club. Mourinho could easily still be here for the length of his current contract.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman
What if something happens that he's never experienced before and the club stand by him Where could he go from that position?
He’d be £#%&!ing livid given he’s doing everything in his power to get sacked but still get a nice pay off.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Buck

Quote:
Mourinho could easily still be here for the length of his current contract.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:45 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Alright, so he's engaged himself into self destruct mode and pulling all his usual stunts that come along with it. Publicly criticizing anything that that could be deemed a decent looking scapegoat.
So what happens next on his usual journey is that he's sacked, paid his compensation package and he starts looking for his next victim.

What if something happens that he's never experienced before and the club stand by him Where could he go from that position? Surely he can't just keep hitting the self destruct button and picking Phil Jones, Fellaini and McTom in a back 3 every week until we finally crack and sack him. What if he's forced to see this through and somehow manages to find his way out of the mess. Nobody has ever backed him from this point on so he's never had the chance to show if he can turn it around or not, what if he actually can?

I'm not saying this is my opinion (like the majority I think he should be gone already) but I just don't know with our club. Mourinho could easily still be here for the length of his current contract.
Don't know why your naming Fellaini, he's one of the few that's actually trying at the moment.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:49 PM
gasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He’d be £#%&!ing livid given he’s doing everything in his power to get sacked but still get a nice pay off.
This is the point I'm making. he looks like a he's engineering his way out into a considerable pay out.
Just wouldn't put it past the club to have got him in over the weekend and backed him,. We got rid of Moyes fast enough due to just how of his depth he clearly was but we did hang on and give Van Gaal a good go at it before we pulled the trigger. I do think Jose batting his eyelids was the hair that broke the camels back on Van Gaals tenure.
The ghost of Fergie and the 3 year banners will still haunt the decision makers and maybe cloud judgement. There's always going to be "what If" sitting there at the back of the mind.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Cream

Good thread, gasman.

I already did one and certain people were riled up.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:52 PM
jem

relegated, just to make a point.

Unread 01-10-2018, 10:59 PM
gasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Don't know why your naming Fellaini, he's one of the few that's actually trying at the moment.
Comes from watching him live quite a lot, he's like a lost dog roaming around the field wondering what the hells going on.
Seville at home finished him for me when the ex Blackburn and Stoke man Stephen N'zonzi took him to school. Njonzi is about 6'6" and built like a house, yet Fellaini still had no idea where he was.
Granted he's been one of our better performers this season but that's hardly a tough benchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Good thread, gasman.

I already did one and certain people were riled up.
Probably read it and thought, yea I'm stealing that

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
relegated, just to make a point.

Nah, that would have been if we had kept Gollum for the full length of his contract

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:15 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Why bother writing all that?

He’ll be gone very soon.

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:22 PM
gasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

He’ll be gone very soon.
Dammit!

Close thread.

Although, I wouldn't say that's true.

Two home games we will probably win. Valencia and Newcastle are worse than shite. Then there's an international break which takes us to the home game with Chelsea. Can't see him going anywhere this month.

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Dammit!

Close thread.

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Dammit!

Close thread.

Although, I wouldn't say that's true.

Two home games we will probably win. Valencia and Newcastle are worse than shite. Then there's an international break which takes us to the home game with Chelsea. Can't see him going anywhere this month.
Sacked Van Gaal while he was holding the FA cup.

I doubt a win against Newcastle will make a difference.

International break looks likely. Get Zizou in for the Chelsea match.

Unread 01-10-2018, 11:48 PM
My Name is Keith

(Easily one of my fave house tracks btw)

Unread 02-10-2018, 12:01 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2018, 12:08 AM
gasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Sacked Van Gaal while he was holding the FA cup.

I doubt a win against Newcastle will make a difference.

International break looks likely. Get Zizou in for the Chelsea match.
Can't help feeling that Mourinho's courtship helped to see off LvG, we should have had him replace SAF and we knew it, thick @#%&!s.... well, it was that and missing out on the millions and millions of CL money. Mou's flirting felt like a factor at the time.

I'm just not sure with our powers that be anymore, we're only 7 games in and we do have a cracking squad (on paper) it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we give him until at least Christmas to turn it round. If he can't we should still have a run at making top four with a new or interim manager.
Can't help feeling that top four (CL money) is the priority for us. Arsenalised

Unread 02-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2018, 05:36 AM
Albert Tatlock

How long has he left on his contract ?

Unread 02-10-2018, 06:25 AM
Red Al

If his signings showed they are slowly improving the team then the "more time" argument would hold water(even with the shit football)but they have been mostly shit or avarage at best plus he's never even looked happy here.

Just part ways it's the best for both parties

Unread 02-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

He’ll be gone very soon.
you seem convinced by this
Closed Thread