United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:19 AM
ryanMUFC

Default Would Giggs be that bad as the next MUFC manager?

Like the title suggests.
What would the pros and cons be?
Surely he'd be smart enough to get an experienced head alongside him.
Surely he'd look at bringing in players that will fight for the shirt.
The reaction on here is quite possibly a toys out of pram reaction to Pip going to city.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Knockers

I reckon he'd be shit but the finest minds in football and Fred said lvg was going to be orgasmic so who the £#%&! knows? You never know.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Sparky***

.#
pros - £#%&! off

cons - £#%&! off

£#%&! off

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:22 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
.#
pros - £#%&! off

cons - £#%&! off

£#%&! off
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The reaction on here is quite possibly a toys out of pram reaction to Pip going to city.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:26 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

It will happen but he can't take over this lot.

Needs a better platform to work from.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:27 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than Giggs to turn out to be Fergie mark II. I really do think he could have the makings of a top United manager. However the time to have given it to him would have been straight after Fergie retired. The next appointment has got to work. Get the club stable and back to winning ways. 2/3 years of Jose tearing it up and then give it to Giggs.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:28 AM
red in cumbria

Yes.

Next question.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes.

Next question.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Ethers

No hed be ace

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:31 AM
signed dc

Would sooner have Keane as boss if they want someone who knows the club.

Funny that Fergie always reckoned the likes of Robson & Keane had to leave the club to manage elsewhere before they could ever be considered as potential United managers when he had the job himself. Not neccessary any more though.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:32 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Like the title suggests.
What would the pros and cons be?
Surely he'd be smart enough to get an experienced head alongside him.
Surely he'd look at bringing in players that will fight for the shirt.
What are we supposed to judge him on? His two stints as United No.2?

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Maybe it's not so much giggs as those useless @#%&!s who'd play for him

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:34 AM
taff

no.

if he succeeds, then great - young manager, knows the club etc.

if he fails, then it puts the question to bed forever and united can finally move on.

it almost has to be giggs. for all the wrong and right reasons.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:37 AM
ScarFace

Needs to prove himself at another club.

Look at Keane, Bruce, robbo....none of them good enough for us but had they been around now, they'd of got the job without ever managing a club.

Giggs doesn't have anything about him to become a top manager, other than he won a lot as a player

The same mongs in the press wanting him were the same @#%&!s wanting Moyes and also sticking up for him when it was clear he was shit.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:38 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
What are we supposed to judge him on? His two stints as United No.2?
His career and experience as the most successful british footballer.
His experience and knowledge of the club.
It's obviously a risk, he's not inheriting Messi, Xavi and Iniesta but we could give him a go at building it as he will be there for the long term should he be successful.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:39 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:40 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

It's hard to know what would work at the moment. Jose has a career behind him but he wasn;t the full shilling when he left Chelsea. I'd like us to look at options properly, but I don't have the visceral hatred of the idea of Giggs like say Riccers..

I thought LVG and money would sort us right out, that we've managed to £#%&! it up this badly in an era where European competitions are essentially expressly designed to keep us successful is £#%&!ing terrifying to be honest.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:47 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
His career and experience as the most successful british footballer.
His experience and knowledge of the club.
It's obviously a risk, he's not inheriting Messi, Xavi and Iniesta but we could give him a go at building it as he will be there for the long term should he be successful.
So, utter blind faith then. The odds of him being successful would be hugely stacked against him and it's a risk the club can't afford to take at this stage. Giggs needs to go away and get experience elsewhere and if he proves himself by all means give him a go in the future.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:53 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
no.

if he succeeds, then great - young manager, knows the club etc.

if he fails, then it puts the question to bed forever and united can finally move on.

it almost has to be giggs. for all the wrong and right reasons.
Hits the nail, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
So, utter blind faith then. The odds of him being successful would be hugely stacked against him and it's a risk the club can't afford to take at this stage. Giggs needs to go away and get experience elsewhere and if he proves himself by all means give him a go in the future.
The odds will be stacked against anyone taking over. They will be compared to SAF, not moyes and Van Gaal. The only other option really is Mourinho which also has it's disadvantages...and if that doesn't work out it will probably lead back to Giggs anyway.

Unread 18-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Gruber

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than Giggs to turn out to be Fergie mark II. I really do think he could have the makings of a top United manager. However the time to have given it to him would have been straight after Fergie retired. The next appointment has got to work. Get the club stable and back to winning ways. 2/3 years of Jose tearing it up and then give it to Giggs.
This tbh
Closed Thread