United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Tiberian

Good cameo against West ham, awful last night. He is in poor condition as well, carrying excess weight.

He needs to show something during the rest of this season to make him worth keeping.

Unread 18-03-2016, 08:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Showed his class on Sunday, so wouldn't be writing him off yet. Just back from two months out and unfortunately based on last night Sunday might be a push for him. The one true leader in the squad and a good influence on the younger players, so I'd be hesitant to be binning him off too soon.

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Sizlack

Its not just the transfer fee, he must be on 1/2 a mill a month at least. So its £22m for the 3 years. Bargain

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:26 AM
dunk

If only someone could've envisioned what a poor signing a 31 year old midfielder with a poor recent history of injuries could end up being..

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If only someone could've envisioned what a poor signing a 31 year old midfielder with a poor recent history of injuries would be...
The Lidl Falcao

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The Lidl Falcao
Still better than Mata tbf.

Our recruitment division is £#%&!ing shocking.

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:29 AM
saffers

So many of the players with doubts over them will prove everyone wrong next season.

Van Gaal IS the problem.

Unread 18-03-2016, 09:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
So many of the players with doubts over them will prove everyone wrong next season.

Van Gaal IS the problem.
Being past it is several of the players problems, and LvG's problem.

Unread 18-03-2016, 10:13 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Van Gaal IS the problem.
LvG is a big problem, but some of our players are absolute shite. Our squad is a complete mess, and that takes us back to LvG and the board, but I think we could trace these problems back a few more years at least.

Unread 18-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Tumescent Throb

very difficult to judge whether he's had the desired influence or not, seeing as for most of the season van gaal's training has been totally decimated...

similarly last night he had the exact role i thought he was brought in for, ie carrick's back-up (and vice versa) but by the time he got on everyone else's legs had all but gone and the game was drifting. it's a very small point but i'm glad we did not lose that match last night...

Unread 18-03-2016, 04:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Good cameo against West ham, awful last night. He is in poor condition as well, carrying excess weight.

He needs to show something during the rest of this season to make him worth keeping.
Game was already gone, pretty much.

I am hesitant to write him off just yet - if only he *could* get properly fit

Unread 18-03-2016, 04:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's a good player if surrounded by quality but put him in a shit side and it's a different matter
same with most of our players, except fellaini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Showed his class on Sunday, so wouldn't be writing him off yet. Just back from two months out and unfortunately based on last night Sunday might be a push for him. The one true leader in the squad and a good influence on the younger players, so I'd be hesitant to be binning him off too soon.
this, despite doing his best to get sent off last night.

the problem is van gaal, not any of the players. except fellaini.

you cannot have a 34-year old play midfield practically on his own and then replace him with an injured, unfit 31-year old playing practically on his own. same with slating schneidi. play the three of them together and give them a £#%&!ing chance. there isn't a better midfield in the league than we one we ought to be playing, but never do.

Unread 18-03-2016, 04:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Well yeah........Hargreaves was signed aged 27. He was coming to his prime, we got one good year out of him and would have got more bar his injuries. No one could have predicted how bad it ended up.

Him being injured for half the previous two seasons before we signed him might have given somebody a clue.

Unread 18-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Game was already gone, pretty much.

I am hesitant to write him off just yet - if only he *could* get properly fit
He needs to lose the gut if that is to happen. Awful condition for a player of his experience. A large part of his contribution was supposed to be his influence and professionalism off the pitch, turning into Ando Mk2 can be impressing no-one.

Unread 18-03-2016, 07:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

you cannot have a 34-year old play midfield practically on his own and then replace him with an injured, unfit 31-year old playing practically on his own. same with slating schneidi. play the three of them together and give them a £#%&!ing chance. there isn't a better midfield in the league than we one we ought to be playing, but never do.
They weren't on their own, they had the Ent.
Closed Thread