United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:17 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

This sunshine screams comeback...
cans and comebacks.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:33 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fergie used to pull crazy ass mind games and lie out his arse before a game.. maybe lvg taking advice from him
Fergie should advise Louis on how to get the crowd going given that Louis himself has identified the importance of that for tonight's game.
Nani sent off v Real Madrid - Fergie gives it large urging the crowd to get behind his team. He got what he asked for.
Give it some Louis - bin the bloody clip board and get your best feature in the technical area and put on a show.
The crowd will love you for it. Rest assured, Klopp will be up there pirouetting
like a man dimmented.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Nani sent off v Real Madrid - Fergie gives it large urging the crowd to get behind his team. He got what he asked for.
Worked a treat, too. Great example.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:44 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Worked a treat, too. Great example.
Use your loaf for once.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Use your loaf for once.
I agree the crowd needs to lift the team. I just wouldn't have used an example where they failed to do so.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:47 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
We were knocked out about 5 minutes later

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Sparky***

Liverpool will score after about 5-10 mins then that will be that.

Don't pin any hopes on this lot even making a fight of it. They're clueless and the manager is clueless.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:55 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
I agree the crowd needs to lift the team. I just wouldn't have used an example where they failed to do so.
Well it was my post and I did. The outcome of the RM game is a total irrelevance. Fergie asked for the crowd to get behind his team and he got a massive response.
2 points of view registered - let's leave it at that.

Unread 17-03-2016, 04:57 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Liverpool will score after about 5-10 mins then that will be that
This. The dippers will come at us because a goal kills the atmosphere and kills the tie. Plus, it's what Klopp does. BT will spend most of the game speculating about Mourinho and hoping they hear a Hillsborough chant.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:00 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
We were knocked out about 5 minutes later
Really? I didn't realise that. Thanks for putting me straight. It's a first.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Well genius United actually played very well after the red card and created more chances than Madrid. A glorious defeat if there ever was one. NQ the crowd were part of that.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Well genius United actually played very well after the red card and created more chances than Madrid. A glorious defeat if there ever was one. NQ the crowd were part of that.
I'm really not hoping for a glorious defeat tonight.

United played well before the red card too btw.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Buck

They have the worst keeper in the league.

First leg was easier than he could have hoped for.

Hammer their box. Shots, crosses, quick passing. They're not a good team in away games. That girdle-pressing or whatever the £#%&! the hipsters call can be overpowered by a resilient, quick thinking team.

We are not that team.

1-2

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:09 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
I'm really not hoping for a glorious defeat tonight.

United played well before the red card too btw.
You ever stood in warm sand and your feet began to sink?

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:10 PM
rogieop

If they players want a good atmosphere its down to them to go out and put on a £#%&!ing show and give the fans something to cheer about.

Works both ways @#%&!s!

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:10 PM
ScarFace

Hopes will be raised then crushed.

Worst thing is if we have a holocaust, nothing will even change.

score draw.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:14 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Really? I didn't realise that. Thanks for putting me straight. It's a first.
You're in the wrong place if your bottom lip is going to wobble every time someone pulls you up for spouting %@#$&!s. Tried RAWK?

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Not for ten minutes or so they didn't. They were very much in a daze and it cost them the tie.

Definitely a case of emotion taking over when cool heads were needed. Including from the manager.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Grimson

Quote:
You ever stood in warm sand and your feet began to sink?
Shut up you weirdo.

Unread 17-03-2016, 05:18 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
They have the worst keeper in the league.
In the unlikely event that it goes to pens then my money is bang on Dave.