United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2016, 06:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Absolute droves of attacks from 5 minutes in, go 1up with the crowd behind us.....

We've got a great chance....40/60 were going through..

Can't wait tbh....
we have no chance hth

I would 'rest' some of our more important players for Sunday it;s a much bigger game for us

if he plays that @#%&! Fellaini at least he might total a few of the @#%&!s before he gets sent off

Unread 16-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we have no chance hth

I would 'rest' some of our more important players for Sunday it;s a much bigger game for us

if he plays that @#%&! Fellaini at least he might total a few of the @#%&!s before he gets sent off
No chance score first were -1 with X minutes left....

We've put 3 past them recently and put 4 past midjo in the last round...

There's always a chance..

Unread 16-03-2016, 06:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
No chance score first were -1 with X minutes left....

We've put 3 past them recently and put 4 past midjo in the last round...

There's always a chance..
it was 5 in the last round and we'll probably need at least 4 tomorrow as the Vermin will score

not happening sadly

Unread 16-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Billy Redface

How many times have we scored 4 under lvg?

I can think of midget land and qpr last year.

Unread 16-03-2016, 06:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
it was 5 in the last round and we'll probably need at least 4 tomorrow as the Vermin will score

not happening sadly
Percentage chance of progression? Would do a poll if I could be arsed.

I'm nearing bunks at 35%

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I'm nearing bunks at 35%
Way lower than that pal.

We rarely keep clean sheets these days and we can't score. Liverpool are in better form than us and more free-scoring.

We can point to beating them in the past, but only 1 scoreline out of the last five would be enough to see us through.

Nothing points in our favour at all.

80% out.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

I'm nearing bunks at 35%

I'm at -35 tbh....that second goal last week was a killer but ultimately it's the lack of an away goal (yes I know you HATE away goals) that is gonna cost us

I think we will go out tomorrow then win on Sunday

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Way lower than that pal.

We rarely keep clean sheets these days and we can't score. Liverpool are in better form than us and more free-scoring.

We can point to beating them in the past, but only 1 scoreline out of the last five would be enough to see us through.

Nothing points in our favour at all.

80% out.
Nobody fancied us against the arse and it was 2-0 reds inside about 25-30 mins. Dare to dream

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:07 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no way will it be 0-0 at half-time. king louis knows how to send out an attacking team when our backs are to the wall. we will flood forward from kick-off.
He has to be 'cuter' than that.
We did that against Arsenal and got the early breaks. Our defence was extremely vulnerable throughout the 90 minutes.
Na, he wont be going hell for leather with a 2-0 deficit. And Klopp vs Wenger as his counterpart? Forget it - not going to happen.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I'm at -35 tbh....that second goal last week was a killer but ultimately it's the lack of an away goal (yes I know you HATE away goals) that is gonna cost us

I think we will go out tomorrow then win on Sunday
Yeah we started the first 20 mins of the second half last week quite well and I thought we might at least get away with a slightly fortuitous 1-0 defeat. That second goal was abysmal from us. Still, I don't think they're very good

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Bunker Buster

I'm absolutely convinced we'll score first.....

Then who knows, but at 1-0 united and the crowd behind us at home...it won't be strange to see us next the round..

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I'm absolutely convinced we'll score first.....

Then who knows, but at 1-0 united and the crowd behind us at home...it won't be strange to see us next the round..
It's tough to know how we'll go about it. The heart says to just go for it from the outset, but they hit us early on the break and score then we're £#%&!ed.

It's far more important we don't concede early than it is t score early.

I reckon lvg is far more likely to keep it tight and be happy to get that first goal late in the game. Just early enough to give us a fighting chance for the final stages. As long as it 0-0 or 1-0, we're alive in the tie.

He'd take extra time now. He'd probably take 1-0 after 80 minutes too.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Ethers

1st goal is absolutely huge. I think we'll go through tbh, but if we get 1 within 30 minutes, it's nailed on.

What do they do in that situation? Go for the goal to kill the tie and leave gaps at the back? (In the knowledge they couldn't score a legal goal from open play in the first leg they dominated btw) Or protect their lead, sit back and invite us on to them?

Big call.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Yeah we started the first 20 mins of the second half last week quite well and I thought we might at least get away with a slightly fortuitous 1-0 defeat. That second goal was abysmal from us. Still, I don't think they're very good
They don't need to be very good. They didn't to beat us 2-0 and they definitely don't need to be to lose 1-0.

As for the Arsenal game. Arsenal scored twice. We'd need 5. Even the positive examples see us knocked out!

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It's tough to know how we'll go about it. The heart says to just go for it from the outset, but they hit us early on the break and score then we're £#%&!ed.

It's far more important we don't concede early than it is t score early.

I reckon lvg is far more likely to keep it tight and be happy to get that first goal late in the game. Just early enough to give us a fighting chance for the final stages. As long as it 0-0 or 1-0, we're alive in the tie.

He'd take extra time now. He'd probably take 1-0 after 80 minutes too.
Exactly.

Remember Madrid at home in 2000 when we went 1-0 down and needed two. Completely lost our heads and got ripped on the break. As you suggest, 1-0 heading into the later stages would be a decent situation. They're not good defensively either.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
1st goal is absolutely huge. I think we'll go through tbh, but if we get 1 within 30 minutes, it's nailed on.

What do they do in that situation? Go for the goal to kill the tie and leave gaps at the back? (In the knowledge they couldn't score a legal goal from open play in the first leg they dominated btw) Or protect their lead, sit back and invite us on to them?

Big call.
It's just as big a call for us too if we go 1-0 up. Do we go for the throat while in the ascendency and risk losing the away goal, or do we look to keep control of the game and stay in the tie.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Big call.
I think they'll do what Klopp always wants in a big game. Make the game frantic and messy and open and hope to be the team best prepared to deal with that. They want to drag you into a car crash of a football match. Could see them losing a man to reddy if I'm honest.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Exactly.

Remember Madrid at home in 2000 when we went 1-0 down and needed two. Completely lost our heads and got ripped on the break. As you suggest, 1-0 heading into the later stages would be a decent situation. They're not good defensively either.
Yep. On the surface, it looks like we just need to go for it. I think staying in the tie for as long as possible is key. We all know if Liverpool score, we're done. So avoid that first of all and try and establish control of the game. Liverpool will want it done and killed asap too. If it's dragging to the 70 minute mark at 1-0 or 0-0 then they might get nervous.

If you said to me that we go 1-0 in the 85th minute, I'd take it.

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:21 PM
ashtonred

If it goes to extra time do away goals count double after 120 mins?

Unread 16-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Bunker Buster

1-0 at 85 !!!!

1-0 at half time please, we'll have to get one before 60/70minutes imo..

Going to be a great night..
Closed Thread