United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:02 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored
The last time Liverpool won the league his Dad was 10 years old.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...a+league+title

Unread 03-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs down

Quote:
I have been watching Rashford for two years so I have known about him for a long time,” said the England manager. “He is in our system and plays for the Under-18s – players we believe in and who we think have a bright future – so we’re delighted he and others are getting chances in the first team at their clubs. That is wonderful and long may it continue.

Marcus Rashford the latest in charge by Manchester United’s young guns
Read more
“I hope he has a good end to the season. Most of all, I hope he is allowed to develop as an 18-year-old should and people don’t try to put him under pressure. Scoring four goals in three games is a great achievement and, if he can keep that up, it is great for Manchester United and England as well. I would neither rule him in or rule him out [of senior contention in the summer]. I just hope he can do well.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Unread 03-03-2016, 11:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

trying not to put pressure on him yet giving him confidence ?

Unread 04-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Pop

Oo-er missus (etc)

I bet the boy has a magnificent rise tbf.

Unread 04-03-2016, 09:52 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 05-03-2016, 10:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought it was interesting that Van Gaal told Rashford at half time last Thursday to be more disciplined in his running; not to move around so much and play the width of the penalty area. I've wondered over recent months when Rooney has drifted 40-50 yards from goal whether LvG has allowed that, whether Rooney has ignored him or the manager just simply doesn't think he can change.

Obviously they are different players, but last season during our best run in March it was notable Rooney had fewer touches of the ball. He won't have liked it, but maybe again we're seeing LvG coach Rashford into something closer to the ideal role he wants from a striker.
I think Van Gaal's style is far better suited to the youth players he promotes than to the veterans he inherits.

Unread 05-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored
The last time Liverpool won the league his Dad was 10 years old.

Unread 06-03-2016, 08:11 PM
TheFatGoth

See ya. Thanks for the memory

Unread 06-03-2016, 08:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
What?

Unread 06-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Wez

Quote:

Unread 06-03-2016, 08:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Thank £#%&!, this forum was decent til you showed up.

Unread 18-03-2016, 12:59 AM
S/Side.Red

Serious talent. Him and Martial long-term
Closed Thread