United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Getting a new contract due to a total fluke of luck for the manager

If Fellaini or Will Keane were fit there's no way in hell Rashford would have gotten a chance.

Van Gaal has to be the luckiest manager around. Old teflon Louis.

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, he has had nothing but luck this season pal

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:35 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

If Fellaini or Will Keane were fit there's no way in hell Rashford would have gotten a chance.

That lucky that Martial got injured before the game even started.

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:35 PM
naes_sean

LVG lucky.

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That lucky that Martial got injured before the game even started.
And also the fact he has never actually had to play Rashford. Most managers would have put Memphis up front.

Unread 01-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Tiberian

Was Martial picking up an injury unlucky, or the inevitable response to being overplayed?

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Was Martial picking up an injury unlucky, or the inevitable response to being overplayed?
Of course it was the latter.

If LVG was at any point serious about blooding the kids he would have used them to rotate the squad through the christmas period and other busy times, rather than just desperately throwing them in after he's run the first choice 11 into the ground.

There's no method to it, he's basically just used a tiny pool of players for 6 months and now the inevitable has happened he's having to sift through the youth teams to call on anyone he can.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
They can go at any time in fairness. Though I would have questions over why it went during a warm up

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:04 PM
taff

surely rashford was always kept in mind? i don't recall any great strides to sign another striker last summer.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
13 starts in less than two months. 11 of which he did the full 90". Very demanding schedule, even if he is a natural athlete.

Him back already suggests it was a slight discomfort and he was wise to flag it. Maybe bench tomorrow and the little rest does him good.

Quote:

If LVG was at any point serious about blooding the kids he would have used them to rotate the squad through the christmas period and other busy times, rather than just desperately throwing them in after he's run the first choice 11 into the ground.

There's no method to it, he's basically just used a tiny pool of players for 6 months and now the inevitable has happened he's having to sift through the youth teams to call on anyone he can.
We've had constant injuries since the end of November. Borthwick and Varela were playing in Wolfsburg, remember.

We do not have a tiny squad. We are two or three short. That's not the same thing and constantly being without 10-12 players would damage any manager.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Coracao

I won't be surprised if it goes properly if he plays tomorrow. I don't understand why we'd take a risk.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I won't be surprised if it goes properly if he plays tomorrow. I don't understand why we'd take a risk.
We shouldn't. I'd have the boy up front for 60-70 mins then bring Martial on for 20 if we need to.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Agreed, the talk of this being the grand plan all along does not really convince. A few of these kids might stick, Rashford, Bo-Jack and Varela especially but it has hardly been the ideal way to introduce them.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens when the senior players return. If Fellaini goes straight back into the team then LVG should be assassinated on the spot.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

We've had constant injuries since the end of November. Borthwick and Varela were playing in Wolfsburg, remember.

We do not have a tiny squad. We are two or three short. That's not the same thing and constantly being without 10-12 players would damage any manager.
Your arguments are getting really £#%&!ing weak, bruv.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Your arguments are getting really £#%&!ing weak, bruv.
Largely factual than arguments.

Suggesting he's simply run the first choice 11 into the ground when he was without 15 players last Thursday is nonsense.

And again, he didn't have to play Rashford. Sorry if that doesn't fit into the reluctance to give him credit, but it's true

Quote:
Agreed, the talk of this being the grand plan all along does not really convince. A few of these kids might stick, Rashford, Bo-Jack and Varela especially but it has hardly been the ideal way to introduce them.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens when the senior players return. If Fellaini goes straight back into the team then LVG should be assassinated on the spot.
It's going pretty well, tbf

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's going pretty well, tbf
We have had a good week, watching Utd has not felt like a chore, a boon to us all.

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
We shouldn't. I'd have the boy up front for 60-70 mins then bring Martial on for 20 if we need to.
Arguably a worse idea bringing him off the bench than starting. At least a coach will attempt to take him through a vigorous warm up

Personally, I wouldn't consider him until Liverpool. But I've £#%&!ed my hamstring several times myself.

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:27 PM
rockored

The last time Liverpool won the league his Dad was 10 years old.

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored
The last time Liverpool won the league his Dad was 10 years old.
Closed Thread