United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:06 PM
TheFatGoth

Question How far away are we from becoming Liverpool?

Feels like soon enough all we'll have to cling to is past glories, old attendance statistics and our Scandinavian fanbase.

Nobody really cares about the 'big club' label - it's just another thing to cling on to when you're shit.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:08 PM
believe

38 miles.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:08 PM
forzagarza

depends on glacial melt

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:09 PM
silv

about three more threads on the subject

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Withers

I bet you sit down for a piss don't you?

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:10 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
about three more threads on the subject

dunk

23 years

TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Only if it's the middle of the night

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:11 PM
itisme_panaflex

appointing giggs as manager will be a huge risk to following the same path.

it's easy to say liverpool should have chosen better managers & signed better players but you can get to the point when you're no longer an attractive proposition.

IF it went to that point it could all be traced to Ferguson's influence after he resigned.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:11 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
hey you do what you gotta do pal.
post threads, go have a cry, have a £#%&!... perhaps all three at the same time.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:14 PM
King Eric

I think the difference between us and Liverpool are that, even though we are making major mistakes, unlike Liverpool we have a huge transfer kitty and eventually we will set on a very top manager, who will bring in top players. How long that will take is up to the numpties in charge.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:15 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
I think the difference between us and Liverpool are that, even though we are making major mistakes, unlike Liverpool we have a huge transfer kitty and eventually we will set on a very top manager, who will bring in top players. How long that will take is up to the numpties in charge.
Erm, the dippers have out spent us in the PL era IIRC...

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
23 years
I don't think he means again.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Erm, the dippers have out spent us in the PL era IIRC...
We still have £200m plus to spend, or so I heard, I'm not certain but I don't think Liverpool have as much as that. I think Liverpool have had the same problem we have over the last three years, which is not being a able to attract the very top players, so we need someone like Mourhino in, to get the top players to come. I believe Giggs wouldn't have the same ability as Mourhino to attract them.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I don't think he means again.
In their current form

Pretty £#%&!ing close to their '92-93 vintage tbh. In fact, they were probably better

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
In their current form

Pretty £#%&!ing close to their '92-93 vintage tbh. In fact, they were probably better

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
We still have £200m plus to spend, or so I heard, I'm not certain but I don't think Liverpool have as much as that. I think Liverpool have had the same problem we have over the last three years, which is not being a able to attract the very top players, so we need someone like Mourhino in, to get the top players to come. I believe Giggs wouldn't have the same ability as Mourhino to attract them.
Have we £#%&!. The owners will be prepared to do deals on the never never that might eventually cost £200m over the next 5-6 years. They have no intention of flopping £200m on the table right now for the players required. And as we have seen, paying on the never never gets you shite.

Unread 01-02-2016, 03:24 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Have we £#%&!. The owners will be prepared to do deals on the never never that might eventually cost £200m over the next 5-6 years. They have no intention of flopping £200m on the table right now for the players required. And as we have seen, paying on the never never gets you shite.
I read it on here somewhere, you are probably right mate.

Unread 01-02-2016, 04:15 PM
red in cumbria

Depends a great deal on if we appoint a proper replacement for Louis in the summer or not.
Closed Thread