United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 07-01-2015, 01:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

For a family that didn't have any cash and were watching their other businesses implode, they've done pretty.

Unread 07-01-2015, 01:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Why do people seem to think that the club are some sort of cash cow for the Glazers?

We are a company listed on a stock exchange ffs. They can't just take all the money they want out of the club. Their end game is to sell the club for upwards of £2b. That's how they make money from this whole sordid affair - not buy taking out £10m every couple of years in management and consultancy fees.
Season tickets near enough doubled in price in the first 5 years of their ownership then there's the ACS. Still compulsory if you want a chance of away tickets.

The end game is selling the cash cow rather than milking it. They've burdened us with massive debt, taken huge financial risks and priced people out. They borrowed the money to buy the club, including most of the initial share purchases before the compulsory buy-out.

Oh and the £10m every couple of years? Get £#%&!ing real. New to share issues pol?

Unread 07-01-2015, 01:48 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno. He reckoned that most of Malc's kids want rid though and only one or maybe two that are actually arsed about United in any way

I just don't see any chance of them selling though, they'd want £3-4 billion by now probably, who wants to part with that kind of dough for anything? Apple could buy us with some loose change I suppose
The stock exchange.

Pretty sure they could re-float the club and get that kind of return. People are buying shares now that don't give them any sort of voting rights or dividend for £#%&!s sake

Unread 07-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Season tickets near enough doubled in price in the first 5 years of their ownership then there's the ACS. Still compulsory if you want a chance of away tickets.

The end game is selling the cash cow rather than milking it. They've burdened us with massive debt, taken huge financial risks and priced people out. They borrowed the money to buy the club, including most of the initial share purchases before the compulsory buy-out.

Oh and the £10m every couple of years? Get £#%&!ing real. New to share issues pol?
Yes, the CLUB makes money, but how do you think the gimps get the money out of the club? Our accounts a published regularly - show me examples of money leaving the club and going to the gimps account.

Unread 07-01-2015, 02:31 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Yes, the CLUB makes money, but how do you think the gimps get the money out of the club? Our accounts a published regularly - show me examples of money leaving the club and going to the gimps account.
Anything that says management fees or consultancy fees.

Unread 07-01-2015, 03:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
You need to look at the overall picture.

Gimps buy club with money they've borrowed.
Gimps inflate worth of club.
Gimps float club and pocket cash.

Forget the management fees, etc., they've sold a heft wedge of shares without relinquishing control.

Very clever what they've done, I'll grant you.

Unread 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Anything that says management fees or consultancy fees.
Exactly. That's why I said they manage to squeeze around £10m every couple of seasons. Whilst that may seem a lot of money to you or I that's not the kind of profit that gets people excited when they own an asset worth over £2b. Shit. I could put £2b in a ISA and get better returns than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You need to look at the overall picture.

Gimps buy club with money they've borrowed.
Gimps inflate worth of club.
Gimps float club and pocket cash.

Forget the management fees, etc., they've sold a heft wedge of shares without relinquishing control.

Very clever what they've done, I'll grant you.
That's not called milking an asset mate.

They are waiting to sell. Simple. They can't get any REAL money out of the club now.

Unread 07-01-2015, 03:27 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Exactly. That's why I said they manage to squeeze around £10m every couple of seasons. Whilst that may seem a lot of money to you or I that's not the kind of profit that gets people excited when they own an asset worth over £2b. Shit. I could put £2b in a ISA and get better returns than that.

That's not called milking an asset mate.
Arguably it is when you consider the fans are an asset of the club.