United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Come on,you couldn't help but smile at his ultra dignified,non-spontaneous celebration of our last minute sickener at anfield.
I'm delighted for everyone including Fergie when we win. I just hope that he makes his dignified exit at the end of this season after winning us the treble.

Unread 18-03-2007, 07:57 PM
wonky no

I'd like to see Giggs, Scholes and Ole with the trophy (I'd like Ruud to see it too)

Giggs would have won it more times than any other player, ever.

Scholes because he has been outstanding since his illness/injury, I didn't think he would make it back fully.

Ole, because he's Ole and I doubt he'll be here next season.

Unread 18-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Nothing would give me less pleasure than seeing all the United fans who've angrily and pathetically slated everything and anything about the playing side of the club over the last few years celebrating United winning the title. They know who they are, and they do not deserve to take any reflected glory from this season at all.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing Rooney and Ronaldo coming of age, Carrick, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Saha and Park getting their rewards (the rest of squad also for that matter) and Neville, Scholes and Ole happy again. The best moment would be to see the Wizard Ferguson watch on proudly at Giggs becoming the most decorated player in English football history. And to know we'd got our trophy back.

Unread 18-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Tropical

Default *puts hands up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Nothing would give me less pleasure than seeing all the United fans who've angrily and pathetically slated everything and anything about the playing side of the club over the last few years celebrating United winning the title. They know who they are, and they do not deserve to take any reflected glory from this season at all.
Ahhh. The spite option. How bracing.

Happily for the likes of me, the joy I would take in such a victory would be pure and completely undimmed by your begrudging it to me. And I couldn't give a frig about reflected glory, so that's not a worry either.

Unhappily for you, it seems (by your own admission) that my pure and undimmed joy would detract from yours. One of us would come out of this poorer. Doesn't look as if it would be me.

By the way, mr sitter's reply is a belter. That's the spirit. Have some rep.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Ahhh. The spite option. How bracing.

Happily for the likes of me, the joy I would take in such a victory would be pure and completely undimmed by your begrudging it to me. And I couldn't give a frig about reflected glory, so that's not a worry either.

Unhappily for you, it seems (by your own admission) that my pure and undimmed joy would detract from yours. One of us would come out of this poorer. Doesn't look as if it would be me.
Bearing in mind the title of the thread - and my reply - I think I'll be ok.

Happily for the likes of me, btw, I'll be sitting in the Strettie for the West Ham game - even if we've lost the 7 league games between now and then.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Lazarus

To be fair to Tropical he has never been a knee jerker and has been clear and consistent in his views. He has never been spiteful and vengeful and almost all his criticisms have been made on a rational basis (even though I don't always share his opinion).

There are a few you really do worry about but I have no doubt that he would be doing nothing other than dancing round the living room if we win it and won't give a £#%&! if it means some of what he said on internet forums ended up being wrong.

But seriously chaps,we haven't won it yet. I still remember walking past hundreds of crying reds at Upton Park in 92.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:11 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Bearing in mind the title of the thread - and my reply - I think I'll be ok.

Happily for the likes of me, btw, I'll be sitting in the Strettie for the West Ham game - even if we've lost the 7 league games between now and then.
You know, not all critics were people who stopped going and chose to support Chelsea instead. There are plenty of people loyal to the club who dished out some justified constructive criticism.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:17 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
By the way, mr sitter's reply is a belter. That's the spirit. Have some rep.
cheers

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:21 PM
MUFC One Love

If we win it I'll enjoy the summer knowing United are £#%&!ing back where they belong and knowing we've done it the proper way playing our football, I want that title badly. All them shitty comments, so of our own 'fans' siding with @#%&!s in crucifying everything and everyone at the club, £#%&! off and eat humble pie you #@&%!s.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
You know, not all critics were people who stopped going and chose to support Chelsea instead. There are plenty of people loyal to the club who dished out some justified constructive criticism.
Very true. I never said they were, or that there weren't, Fiddy.

Not shy at dishing out the odd round of £#%&!s meself, mate

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:24 PM
magic_cantona

Bringing us one closer to the Vermins total of titles.

Also, seeing Carrick being given the credit he's due this season.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Sparky***

It's still such a big IF....

The biggest joy I get is still from watching United play well. That 2nd goal we scored against Bolton was so, so £#%&!ing exhilarating. To see us crowned champions for playing the best football is, well, what it's all about really, isn't it?

The 2nd biggest thrill behind that would be sticking it up those arrogant @#%&!s from Stamford Bridge.

The 3rd would be a big "£#%&! you" to the English Media who tried to destroy another young United footballer after the world cup. "winker" this and "diver" that. £#%&! off the lot of you.

There's still a way to go lads, but I believe I see a small speck of light at the end of the tunnel.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:30 PM
The Watcher

We haven't won anything yet.

All I know is, if we let it slip, I'll probably go the same way as poor old Bob Woolmer

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Lazarus

The whole disaster scenario hinges on Chelsea beating us. I remember in 2003 when Arsenal kept saying they'd beat us at Highbury - Wenger publicly stated they would. We went there and were unlucky not to win.

Someone has to beat Chelsea and Stamford Bridge someday,why not us?

Also,these really built up games often end up being draws.

Obviously we need enough in the bank to cope with getting beaten but it's not a certainty.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:50 PM
magic_cantona

I'd love us to be going to SB, with the renters needing to beat us by 7 clear goals to have any chance.

And we beat them 2-0.

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:56 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
The whole disaster scenario hinges on Chelsea beating us. I remember in 2003 when Arsenal kept saying they'd beat us at Highbury - Wenger publicly stated they would. We went there and were unlucky not to win.
Both their goals that night were offside. @#%&!s. How I celebrated when Giggsy went up the other end and made it 2-2

Quote:

Obviously we need enough in the bank to cope with getting beaten but it's not a certainty.
If we beat Boro tomorrow, the chelsea game will be the penaltimate one of the season. I'd love us to turn up at SB as Champions and beat the @#%&!s!

Unread 18-03-2007, 10:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I've always been hesitant to get carried away, but I can't see us £#%&!ing it up now. I think we've had our blip, but thanks to some superb individual brilliance and a bit of luck, we managed to keep winning when we should have been dropping points.

We only need to match Chelsea's points total in the next six games for that fixture at Stamford Bridge to not matter. I think it will be the second-to-last game of the season, so if we still have the lead we have now it would render that match meaningless, unless they beat us 7-0.

Pompey directly after Rome could be tricky, but looking at our fixture list I can't help think it will already be over by the time we go to the Bridge.

Unread 18-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Grimson

Pompey aren't the team they were two months ago.

And if there's a silver lining from City winning yesterday, it's that Pearce should stay. Worst-case scenario is playing them in a new manager's first game in charge. Teams usually respond to that, i.e. West Ham. If we'd played them at any other time, they'd have turned in their normal 65% effort.

Unread 19-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Hate this preemptive talk of winning titles but playing the united way is all that matters to me - winning the league means nothing if you havent tried to do it by playing good football.

IMO if we happen to finish second we should still celebrate the season because the football for the most part has been top.

Unread 19-03-2007, 03:13 AM
celtbion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd love us to be going to SB, with the renters needing to beat us by 7 clear goals to have any chance.

And we beat them 2-0.
I £#%&!ing like it.
Closed Thread