United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Lazarus

Default Ill considered thoughts and random musings on today

J Sung is owed an apology by myself and a pat on the back for his composure in front of goal - after he got the gremlins out of his system with his miss he was a speedboat with a driver today.

Vidic and Rio are a fabulous partnership.

The Rooney Smith partnership has always excited me and Alan,when he isn't played hopelessly out of position and coming back from a deadly serious injury, will be an excellent addition to our armoury in the run-in.

I don't think we'll miss Henrik at all. He is an admirable bloke and a very decent player but I feel our pacy,interchanging,fluid football was slightly compromised by his arrival.

Rooney's finishing - not really a striker? my arse.

Mission accomplished. I can enjoy the weekend and watch all the other games without having to hide from football because I'm gutted.

Unread 17-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Lazarus

Oh..and I bet you'll find that Alan Whiley had a bet on us winning 4-1.

Unread 17-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Grimson

Well said.

And it's spinning!

Unread 17-03-2007, 04:54 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Oh..and I bet you'll find that Alan Whiley had a bet on us winning 4-1.

Unread 17-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well said.

And it's spinning!
It always spins for me

Unread 17-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Crumps

Parks a very good player imo but has a nasty habbit of getting his foot right under the ball and sending it into orbit on occasion.

Unread 17-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Rhodzy

Park has terrific movement off the ball, the rest of his play is shit.

Unread 17-03-2007, 05:23 PM
shadowplay

Definitely one of Ji Sungs better games today.

His miss early on really wound me up, but better players have missed easier chances.He showed composure with both goals, got stuck in all day, got passed a few lads and was a general nuisance to their lot all day.

Fair £#%&!s Parky!

Unread 17-03-2007, 06:37 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I'd like to give Gabby alot of credit for his performance today. Defensively, he was sound. Going forward, he was excellent. Passed the ball well and put in a number of good crosses.

Was good to see him playing back to his best, after a number of indifferent performances. I really hope he doesn't leave in the summer.

Unread 17-03-2007, 06:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Smith's been out for ages and had less time on the pitch than Richardson but he did a lot more and looked miles better than him.

Unread 17-03-2007, 06:47 PM
magic_cantona

Always rated Park and, at first, Gabby.

When he came back into the squad, Heinze looked dreadful for a few games.Maybe it was just that, that he was out of the first team for a long time.

Games like today's, however, show us exactly just how good he is.A player of his quality won't stay to be a 'number 2' (no 'shit gags please ) though.

Unread 17-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Was a sight for sore eyes to see Heinze playing that well again. Superb.

Well done Rooney for his superb first touch making the most out of Smith's (from centre mid!) underhit punt into an entire half of the pitch

Unread 17-03-2007, 06:59 PM
The Watcher

Richardson was his usual shite self. £#%&!ing useless @#%&!.

Unread 17-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Coracao

It was good to see Heinze have a good game. That is the first time I have ever seen him put several good crosses in.

He still won't get in ahead of Evra though, and rightly so.

Ronaldo tore them apart. Another fine performance.

Park had a good game, that was well overdue.

Unread 17-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Tiberian

We were fortunate to get through the Larsson experiment with so few points dropped. Today was back to the flowing, interchanging, and most importantly pacy football that has defined the season. Great to watch.

Ronaldo on that form is a genuine World player of the Year candidate, he was amazing. Rooney also looked more like himself, more confident, the brace in the Friendly match may have benefited him.

Heinze put the 2 best crosses of his Utd career in today, but Diouf caused him a few problems, and his habit of trying to draw contact so he can win free kicks is annoying.

Unread 17-03-2007, 08:52 PM
MJ Ramone

The thing with Park is, he's such a likeable lad...you know he's giving everything. His work rate is tremendous. 4-0 up with 5 to go & he was closing down like his life depended on it.
Top display from the lad.

Wayne took his goals brilliantly...the first was a cute little dink..but I loved the way he finished his second.
If he kicks off into top form now it could be the difference between us winning things or not.

Carrick was excellent...Vidic & Rio....Gabby back on form.

Great performance.
Keep playing like this & I'll fancy us to do alright.

Unread 17-03-2007, 09:27 PM
TreeFiddy

So Jem, still think Richardson is better than Park?

Park is nothing special but he has his good games and he can contribute. Richardson is simply useless. I just really want you to admit you were wrong!

Unread 17-03-2007, 09:30 PM
mark o

If the FA Cup game on Monday went to a penalty shoot out, would you trust Park to take one?

Unread 17-03-2007, 09:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
If the FA Cup game on Monday went to a penalty shoot out, would you trust Park to take one?
No, but that's a silly argument.
I wouldn't trust anyone apart from Ronaldo & Rooney to score.
If it goes to penalties on monday I think we all know how it will turn out.
Penalty shoot-outs just aren't part of our make-up.

Speaking of Monday, it's nice to see that Middlesbrough put in as much effort today as they did last saturday
Middlesbrough should be deducted points for being smalltime £#%&!ing @#%&!s who merely exist to 'upset the big boys'
What a shit excuse for a football team they are...I'd love one of our lads to £#%&!ing wreck Cattermoll, Pogatetz or Boateng at Old Trafford.

Unread 17-03-2007, 09:57 PM
redfusilier

i smell a treble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have in the past criticized loads of players in our present, however of late these lads have been superb.
People do and will continue to slag of JOS, but given the effect he had at anfailed, he will go in the Old Trafford legends archive. FACT.
This team is on the verge of something MASSIVE and rather than criticize we should embrace them

I'm going for a dog curry
Closed Thread