United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Tiberian

Best left winger in the world for a large part of his career but it could be arguable that the last 4/5 years have shown the highest consistent quality of his career. He is the best footballer in this country, may not be able to play every week, but the quality and composure he brings to the game is delightful to watch.

Historically he is probably among the top 10 British players ever, over their latter careers I think he has pulled away from Scholes as the best of this generation.

Football genius.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM
beansy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Best left winger in the world for a large part of his career but it could be arguable that the last 4/5 years have shown the highest consistent quality of his career. He is the best footballer in this country, may not be able to play every week, but the quality and composure he brings to the game is delightful to watch.

Historically he is probably among the top 10 British players ever, over their latter careers I think he has pulled away from Scholes as the best of this generation.

Football genius.
agreed.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM
believe

Quote:

Football genius.
double agreed he's becoming something of a phenomomomomonon. love hims so much it hurts.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Football genius.
much as i love scholes i think that's hard to argue with. the move to the centre - a stroke of genius from fergie - has brought giggs to a whole new level. he is playing the best football of his career and it is an absolute privilege to see.

ferguson appears to have settled on the 4-4-1-1 we saw today and we are dominating games against all opposition. i hope to god he keeps his nerve in the cl final because i think the 11 we saw today, with evra restored to left back, can overwhelm barca if it plays to its potential.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Harri Jaffa

triple aggreed tbf etcpissed

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
much as i love scholes i think that's hard to argue with. the move to the centre - a stroke of genius from fergie - has brought giggs to a whole new level. he is playing the best football of his career and it is an absolute privilege to see.

ferguson appears to have settled on the 4-4-1-1 we saw today and we are dominating games against all opposition. i hope to god he keeps his nerve in the cl final because i think the 11 we saw today, with evra restored to left back, can overwhelm barca if it plays to its potential.
i'd try scholes on the left wing

Unread 08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

I still have a little concern over Hernandez against Barca. His attacking threat is considerable, but their are periods in matches when pressure is on and you need the striker to be able to hold the ball up, and it is not really his strength.

Long periods today when he barely touched the ball and against a Barca team who keep the ball so well it could be even more pronounced.

I also wonder how well Giggs and Carrick will perform against the outstanding pressing game that Barca have, stylistically It is a difficult night for them. I think he is bound to want to supplement the midfield, and keep in mind how he talked about Fletcher after Schalke, underlining his big match temperament.

Unread 08-05-2011, 07:17 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Somebody should tell the press and his missus that he can £#%&! who he likes with total impunity
Closed Thread