Fabio Giggs Carrick Valencia
Evra Vidic Rio Rafael
VDS

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Team for Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Berbs was too busy yawning and Rooney just told you to £#%&! off. Oh well, you tried.

3-0 Chelsea.
true. but as they were just about to leave the room they suddenly remembered how £#%&!ing good they are together.

3-0 United more like.

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm so £#%&!ing nervous about this game it's ridiculous.

Every possible scenario keeps playing out in my mind...the biggest fear is an early goal for them - a Lampard deflection or a Drogba offside special.

I can't remember such a make or break game - it literally is a case of, 3pts for us = Champions/a defeat means Chelsea take the Title.

£#%&!ing terrifying
Scenario B is not quite as cut and dried as 'Chelsea take the title', but it gives them the slight advantage, momentum and initiative, that's for sure.

We need to show great maturity and composure. 'Big Game' concentration heads on and go at them early on. It'd better be rocking in there too. The crowd has a big part to play. I'd pay a lot of money for an early goal.

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
true. but as they were just about to leave the room they suddenly remembered how £#%&!ing good they are together.

3-0 United more like.
And kissed.

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Scenario B is not quite as cut and dried as 'Chelsea take the title', but it gives them the slight advantage, momentum and initiative, that's for sure.

We need to show great maturity and composure. 'Big Game' concentration heads on and go at them early on. It'd better be rocking in there too. The crowd has a big part to play. I'd pay a lot of money for an early goal.
using hernandez to go after them from the start is probably the way to go because it's the best way to avoid chelsea just letting us have it and getting ourselves in the comfort zone. then bang they up the tempo and we can't get out of 2nd gear until we're chasing the game. however, possession football and the clock are united's friends in this match if we have the right players in the right areas. in response to the earlier point btw, chelsea and barcelona are completely different propositions.

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
using hernandez to go after them from the start is probably the way to go because it's the best way to avoid chelsea just letting us have it and getting ourselves in the comfort zone. then bang they up the tempo and we can't get out of 2nd gear until we're chasing the game. however, possession football and the clock are united's friends in this match if we have the right players in the right areas. in response to the earlier point btw, chelsea and barcelona are completely different propositions.
I don't want us to rely on the clock and possession football. We're not very good at that. cat and mouse, cagey stuff plays in to Chelsea's hands. We have a template for victory after the CL game and I see no reason to change that.

Oh, and we all know O'Shea is starting at RB for his height, don't we?

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:27 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Berbatov
Rooney
Fabio Giggs Carrick Valencia
Evra Vidic Rio Rafael
VDS
outlandish

berbs in net? rooney as a sweeper?

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't want us to rely on the clock and possession football. We're not very good at that. cat and mouse, cagey stuff plays in to Chelsea's hands. We have a template for victory after the CL game and I see no reason to change that.

Oh, and we all know O'Shea is starting at RB for his height, don't we?
i think we are very good at it in our own style from a 4-4-2 tbh. we can control a game as well as anyone, which is why we're consitently the best team in england. we have a couple of victories and a defeat against chelsea in recent weeks. i believe we deserved to win all 3 games, but it's also true that but for small details we could have won none of them. so it's not really a blueprint for victory!

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:38 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
i think we are very good at it in our own style from a 4-4-2 tbh. we can control a game as well as anyone, which is why we're consitently the best team in england. we have a couple of victories and a defeat against chelsea in recent weeks. i believe we deserved to win all 3 games, but it's also true that but for small details we could have won none of them. so it's not really a blueprint for victory!
There's a difference between controlling a game and playing for 0-0 and running the clock down. That's invariably where we get it wrong. Like last week. If we encourage Chelsea on, it'll get the crown anxious and it could be a long afternoon. I agree we deserved to win all three, so I believe it is a blueprint for victory. You can never account for the small details, but the performances in all three (barring the second half at stamford bridge in the league) were good enough and what we need this Sunday. We also only needed to draw in the home CL match, but we played like we needed to win and we got what we wanted. In short, if we play to draw and run the clock down, we're inviting trouble. If we positive and aggressive and play our own game, we'll get what we need and it plays to our strengths and their weaknesses.

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
PaulParkers

I'd also go with Ramoners team. I have to say though MJ, you telling us you're really nervous about games doesnt really have much impact anymore mate, you're nervous when the training/larking about pics are posted

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:43 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
outlandish

berbs in net? rooney as a sweeper?

I am proposing we win the kick off and attack the stetford end from the start

The more I think about it, the more I want to see Fabio given a chance further up the field. When Evra comes up to attack, he can easily slot back into a more defensive position. Likewise Valencia and Rafael on the right. It's the future, man

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
There's a difference between controlling a game and playing for 0-0 and running the clock down. That's invariably where we get it wrong. Like last week. If we encourage Chelsea on, it'll get the crown anxious and it could be a long afternoon. I agree we deserved to win all three, so I believe it is a blueprint for victory. You can never account for the small details, but the performances in all three (barring the second half at stamford bridge in the league) were good enough and what we need this Sunday. We also only needed to draw in the home CL match, but we played like we needed to win and we got what we wanted. In short, if we play to draw and run the clock down, we're inviting trouble. If we positive and aggressive and play our own game, we'll get what we need and it plays to our strengths and their weaknesses.
the clock is our friend i said, not we should play just to run the clock down. hernandez should be fresh for sunday after being overused of late, but there's more than one way to beat chelsea imo.

Unread 06-05-2011, 01:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
the clock is our friend i said, not we should play just to run the clock down. hernandez should be fresh for sunday after being overused of late, but there's more than one way to beat chelsea imo.
I just don't think the clock is an issue, but I take your point. I think we fundamentally agree. Sunday is all about our attitude and approach. It was poor against Arsenal and we must learn from that. £#%&!, we should be good enough for a point on our own ground!

Unread 06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I just don't think the clock is an issue, but I take your point. I think we fundamentally agree. Sunday is all about our attitude and approach. It was poor against Arsenal and we must learn from that. £#%&!, we should be good enough for a point on our own ground!
don't think it was a coincidence that all four semi-finalists lost their league games between the 1st and 2nd legs. then again the tactics were wrong at arsenal anyway.

Unread 06-05-2011, 02:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I'd also go with Ramoners team. I have to say though MJ, you telling us you're really nervous about games doesnt really have much impact anymore mate, you're nervous when the training/larking about pics are posted
Squeaky bum time & all that...

I've not been as bad as normal for the majority of the season.
It only really kicked into life around the time of the Chelsea QFs, Rooney's bicycle kick against City...etc.

The fact we've conspired to hand Chelsea a route back into this Title race has put the fear of God into me. I just wanna have 19 in the bag

Unread 06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down Re: Team for Sunday

Quote:
VDS

Fabio
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Park
Giggsy
Carrick
Valencia

Rooney
Pea
i think that will be the team tbh.

nervous as £#%&! about this one

not good. not good at all

Unread 06-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Squeaky bum time & all that...

I've not been as bad as normal for the majority of the season.
It only really kicked into life around the time of the Chelsea QFs, Rooney's bicycle kick against City...etc.

The fact we've conspired to hand Chelsea a route back into this Title race has put the fear of God into me. I just wanna have 19 in the bag
this strange as it may seem has been in direct relation to the increased use of the hernandez rooney combination up-front. it is staggering how the myth of their unquestionable effectiveness has been so quickly adopted amongst the football media and amongst much of our support. in actual fact, their effectiveness as a specified combination in terms of points won is not particularly impressive

Unread 06-05-2011, 03:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
this strange as it may seem has been in direct relation to the increased use of the hernandez rooney combination up-front. it is staggering how the myth of their unquestionable effectiveness has been so quickly adopted amongst the football media and amongst much of our support. in actual fact, their effectiveness as a specified combination in terms of points won is not particularly impressive
That the same Rooney/Hernandez partnership that swept Marseille, Chelsea & Schalke aside to take us to Wembley??

Or the one that ripped Chelsea to bits at Stamford Bridge in the League until the Ref decided to even the contest up by giving Chelsea free reign to do pretty much anything they wanted second half??

They also played together against Everton in a vital win.

The only reason Chelsea are back in the Title race is because of 2 appalling Refereeing decisions against Spurs last weekend.

Unread 06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That the same Rooney/Hernandez partnership that swept Marseille, Chelsea & Schalke aside to take us to Wembley??

Or the one that ripped Chelsea to bits at Stamford Bridge in the League until the Ref decided to even the contest up by giving Chelsea free reign to do pretty much anything they wanted second half??

They also played together against Everton in a vital win.

The only reason Chelsea are back in the Title race is because of 2 appalling Refereeing decisions against Spurs last weekend.
nerve touched then

United weren't too bad at home to everton. and they were well worth the lead at chelsea. i wasn't talking about the champions league obviously, although we can discuss it if you wish.

Unread 06-05-2011, 03:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
nerve touched then
Not really, I'm just playing along.
Closed Thread