United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2011, 02:38 AM
shenwen

Default Re: How Fletcher Can Bring down Barcelona

this is the best analysis yet of how united can beat barcelona.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art....html?ITO=1490

Unread 08-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yeah i was at the match, i didnt feel any threat from messi at all (but ronaldo was the master at doing £#%&! all for 70 minutes and popping up with two goals). Xavi and Iniesta and even Henry had O'shea all over the place.
Just shows how differently we all see it. Thought Henry was very quiet in the game apart from when he skipped past Rio and hit VDS from the left. OShea was actually one of our best players on the night I thought.

Ronaldo thought he was on the playground that night, Rooney lost it with him at one point and they had a bit of a shouting match on the half way line in the 2nd half but I dont think it was shown live or ever aired. He wouldnt even pass the ball ffs.

Unread 08-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
He'd have had a better guess if he'd said that united were guilty of believing their own hype going into the final, what with barcelona missing players and united themselves having totally outplayed and outclassed, and taken apart piece by tiny piece, the media's other barcelona over a masterclass of two utterly dominant legs of the semi-final.

United began in Rome as if it was only a matter of when they would open the scoring. Then from nowhere they fell behind and took an hour to get over the shock...
Absolutely bang on that

Unread 08-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Sgt Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Incredible isn't it. The game was pretty even, then at 2-0 Barca were comfortably tapping it around and thus it became 'humiliating'. Comfortable winners in the end, and a crushingly flat performance from United, but not the 10-0 obliteration some pretend.
It was humiliating enough in it's own way.

Almost felt that Barcelona felt so unthreatened by us, they could not even be bothered to score more goals and thrash us.
Were just happy to keep the ball and play it out at the pace of a pre season friendly/ testimonial, as they knew there was no way back into the game for us.
For that reason, I actually found the game more depressing than some of the hammerings we have had over the years
Chelsea 0-5
Newcastle 0-5
etc
Closed Thread