Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2011, 03:47 PM
The Return of JC

Default Re: Howard Webb to ref the Chelsea game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Whee do you see this word ?
It's one of the posts on that RAWK link. Apparently we're playing them tomorrow. News to me.

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What is a 'Schlecke'?
A £#%&!ing long walk isn't it? Not sure how it's spelt mind, not like that I wouldn't have thought.

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A £#%&!ing long walk isn't it? Not sure how it's spelt mind, not like that I wouldn't have thought.
A £#%&!in long work through a storm. Head held up high, lad. Boss dat. Wellin' up 'ere, dad.

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
A £#%&!in long work through a storm. Head held up high, lad. Boss dat. Wellin' up 'ere, dad.
Yep that's it......don't forget Rafa carrying the souls of the 96 angels.

YNWA

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not much work involved I wouldn't have thought tbh.

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not much work involved I wouldn't have thought tbh.

Ha! £#%&!in' hell! A Scouse Freudian slip. Get in there, Sigmund lad!

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Yep that's it......don't forget Rafa carrying the souls of the 96 angels.

YNWA

His wife doesn't know how lucky she is......that was one of my favourites.

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
His wife doesn't know how lucky she is......that was one of my favourites.
Montse, bless her.....such a gracious woman next to the mountain of a man, you can feel the love eminating from the picture

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Montse, bless her.....such a gracious woman next to the mountain of a man, you can feel the love eminating from the picture

That's the one! Brilliant!

Unread 03-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: Howard Webb to ref the Chelsea game

Hope he awards United four joke penalties ten minutes into injury time and the ABU nation choke to death on their own £#%&!ing vomit.

Unread 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hope he awards United four joke penalties ten minutes into injury time and the ABU nation choke to death on their own £#%&!ing vomit.
Just one would do, I'm not fussy

At any rate, something that will have the TalkSport zombies impotently howling with rage for years to come

Unread 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:

can you imagine if George @#%&!ney was still around and he was reffing this game????

Unread 03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I hope Luis brings pea down in the area with a nasty tackle (that doesn't injure hernadez) and gets a straight red. Whilst Webb is dishing the card, a fracas breaks out and Terry spits on Nani. The ref misses this, but is informed by the lino and the 4th official and shows a red to ebjt... then rooney whacks the pen home and we go on to score 3 or 4 more against the 9 men

Unread 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Yo Adrian!

The Fa - have been very canny about this.... Appoint someone who has been accused of United bias this season, knowing full well the media glare will ensure he will be under huge scrutiny if he gives us anything... First Fergie, then Rooney now the ref for the crunch game of the season.... They are desperate for us not to get 19. @#%&!s the lot of them.

Unread 03-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just one would do, I'm not fussy

At any rate, something that will have the TalkSport zombies impotently howling with rage for years to come
A throw-in wrongly awarded to United near their own box with 5 minutes gone, for example.

Unread 03-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Adrian!
The Fa - have been very canny about this.... Appoint someone who has been accused of United bias this season, knowing full well the media glare will ensure he will be under huge scrutiny if he gives us anything... First Fergie, then Rooney now the ref for the crunch game of the season.... They are desperate for us not to get 19. @#%&!s the lot of them.
Spot on.

After the uproar following the vermin game in the FA Cup Webb will be under loads of pressure not to give us anything at all.

Chelsea beat us at OT last season with a horrendous linesman's decision, and it wouldn't surprise me if the @#%&!s get away with something similar on Sunday.

Unread 04-05-2011, 05:42 AM
borsuk

don't need webb to give us anything, just need chelsea to not get their customary gift against us.

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
don't need webb to give us anything, just need chelsea to not get their customary gift against us.
Personally, I think Webb is strong enough to not buckle to pressure. I don't think he's the ref he's hyped up to be, but he's unquestionably got the most 'bottle' of a series of gutless refs.

FWIW, I think some of the reaction to stuff on here is a bit RAWKish. I don't believe the FA etc are 'desperate for us to not get 19'. I think there's a general bias against us in the media, but a lot of that stems from our success and the fact that we often ruin the romance by winning things and doing well. Sky were ranting and raving about Vidic's handball because they want the race 'blown wide open', not so much because it's us, but more because they love to sell the spectacle and excitement.

I don't think we get more or less decisions than anynone else (frankly, it's probably more if anything), but I do believe the reaction to those decisions is unfair and sometimes has an affect on the refs in the future. Not even consciously, but it does. I wouldn't care about the reactions of anyone as long as it didn't affect subsequent decision making, but most refs are too weak. Webb isn't one of them though and if he £#%&!s up, it's more likely to be an error of judgement rather than an error in character or integrity.

Oh, and I can only whinge about refs for so long. It's really small-time. We should've had a penalty in the last minute on Sunday......but we also should've played a helluva lot better (you know, something we can actually control) and deserved nothing from that game. Our performance and attitude lost us the game.

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
TheKitchenSink

Love Big Howard, he won't let us down

Unread 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Pop

Vermin want to organise a mass email campaign into shaming and scrutinizing Webb's performance by getting that photoshop of him featured throughout all media publications. Of course they will then take full credit for preventing Utd making it 19 league titles.

Bitter pathetic @#%&!s!
Closed Thread