United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Tiberian

Default Re: we'll smash chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
agree about Nani. I heard rumblings on here that he is really not liked at OT due to his #@&%!y and arrogant nature, so am quite sure that being number 2 to Valencia will piss him off enough to actually want to move elsewhere. He is also a much better right winger, than he in on the left. It would be a shame, though, as I actually rate him very very highly and would love to see stay (and maybe Big T given a shot in the center).

(
Nani is a better player than Valencia, more variety, more productive and has an ability to create something out of very little that very few players in the league can match.

Valencia is more reliable and far better defensively but he is nowhere near the threat that Nani is.

I can not see Utd letting Nani go when he has had 2 good years, little dip in form since the injury at Anfield, and it is hard to argue with the theory that he is much more effective on the right.

Unread 02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Nani is a better player than Valencia, more variety, more productive and has an ability to create something out of very little that very few players in the league can match.

Valencia is more reliable and far better defensively but he is nowhere near the threat that Nani is.

I can not see Utd letting Nani go when he has had 2 good years, little dip in form since the injury at Anfield, and it is hard to argue with the theory that he is much more effective on the right.
nani is a better in terms of individually creating scoring opportunities and, at his best, has a touch of genius and showmanship that is wonderful to see. valencia is more prosaic in his style but represents at least as much of a threat with his ability to hit the target with crosses, at his best inviting runs from players in a way that few others can. valencia is also tactically very astute, asking questions of opponents and doing a lot of work off the ball to stretch defences and give others space to play. i think nani is as effective on either wing, or at least the difference is minimal. he was playing on the right for much of the game against arsenal and was fairly poor; i think it's much more a question of form than position.

Unread 02-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Sparky***

nani is the most infuriating player i've seen in my time watching united.

he does my £#%&!ing head in.

his insistence on slowing down and facing every defender up and getting to within a foot of them, trying to beat them with a dummy or whatever when he could just bomb up the line and get the ball in early drives me mental.

Unread 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nani is a better in terms of individually creating scoring opportunities and, at his best, has a touch of genius and showmanship that is wonderful to see. valencia is more prosaic in his style but represents at least as much of a threat with his ability to hit the target with crosses, at his best inviting runs from players in a way that few others can. valencia is also tactically very astute, asking questions of opponents and doing a lot of work off the ball to stretch defences and give others space to play. i think nani is as effective on either wing, or at least the difference is minimal. he was playing on the right for much of the game against arsenal and was fairly poor; i think it's much more a question of form than position.
Would not argue with much of that. I think Utd need to think about the way that they use Valencia though. Because he holds the width very well he is always available for that switch of play, Rooney especially always looks for it. I would like to see Valencia come in off the wing more and vary it, look to go behind the defence and keep the opposition guessing. He has not really found his final ball since his return, still a little tentative in some facets of his game.

Unread 02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
nani is the most infuriating player i've seen in my time watching united.

he does my £#%&!ing head in.

his insistence on slowing down and facing every defender up and getting to within a foot of them, trying to beat them with a dummy or whatever when he could just bomb up the line and get the ball in early drives me mental.
been absolutely outstanding this season though tbf; and the second half of last.

we would have been £#%&!ed without him this season.

Look yesterday was a bad result but we will bounce back. We always do

Also this stuff about nani being disliked is bull shit. I know that for a fact.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:05 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
bet we dont!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Chelsea are gonna win it. I'm sick to my stomach.
We're going to lose the final to Barca.
City will win the FA Cup.
We have a long, long, long summer to reflect on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe that might not be totally a bad thing - *if* it brings about the changes that everybody knows are needed??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Already picturing Terry at full time on Sunday
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, I wasn't being *entirely* serious

But I really DON'T want winning stuff this season to be used as an excuse for not doing what we all know needs to be done.

Much of our football this term has been excruciating to watch, especially away from home in the league of course - in many ways encapsulated by yesterday's (non) display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wouldn't trust this team to smash a £#%&!ing snail shell at the moment, let alone chelsea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
think there was a thread this week about the advantages of playing first over the weekend im pretty confident that last fart chelsea win had some effect on the team yesterday .
mentally i would say chelsea are in a far better frame of mind than us now
can see them getting the win at o/t on sunday and probably winning the league .
hope the support that does go on sunday get behind the lads we are going to need them more than ever before .
it needs to be hostile a £#%&!.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM
red in cumbria

I am happy to be quoted on that silv - and even happier, of course, to be wrong!

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
borsuk

oh yes

oh £#%&!ing yes

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: we'll smash chelsea

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...itle+win ners

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:29 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Might place my vote now if i may.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
We'll smash them. Pea with a first minute goal and Vida with a flying header. Giggs, Park and Carrick will boss it from start to finish. Valencia will tear Cole a new one. Jonny Evans will pull out the silks. YHIHF.

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 08-05-2011, 06:48 PM
taff

Thumbs up Re: we'll smash chelsea

could go round any night of the week and find us hanging out the back of them
Closed Thread