United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
You'd accept blowing the league if it meant we signed a couple of players? For what, so we can challenge next year?
it's like villa and everton qualifying for europe the other year then playing reserve sides so as not to jeopardise qualifying again.

getting new toys > actually playing with them

we'll be strengthening with a few players in the summer regardless imo. a more interesting question is who will be £#%&!ed off.

Unread 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's like villa and everton qualifying for europe the other year then playing reserve sides so as not to jeopardise qualifying again.

getting new toys > actually playing with them

we'll be strengthening with a few players in the summer regardless imo. a more interesting question is who will be £#%&!ed off.
Anderson, Owen, Gibbo, Berbs (), Johnny Evans, Nutsack, Bin Laden.

For a start imho.

Unread 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Anderson, Owen, Gibbo, Berbs (), Johnny Evans, Nutsack, Bin Laden.

For a start imho.
no way he'll give up on Anderson just yet. The other @#%&!s will definitely be gone hopefully

Unread 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
no way he'll give up on Anderson just yet. The other @#%&!s will definitely be gone hopefully
Berbs is in that list.

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:12 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Berbs is in that list.
Bellers is a long standing hater.

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
borsuk

no chance evans will be gone with brown getting on and rio injury-prone. he's an excellent fourth-choice centre-half, he's young, he's home-grown and he's got loads of potential. he's played well in his last few games.

can't see anderson going, frustrating player but he's played well this season (pace, carlo).

gibson, brown, kuszczak, hargreaves, owen sold/let go.

question marks over berbatov and i wonder how nani feels about spending so much time on the bench now valencia is back.

scholes to end his career?

cleverley and welbeck to come back.

i can see a keeper and two midfielders coming in, perhaps a wide/attacking player depending on berbatov and nani.

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Don't you get it?

Winning stuff will give us more chance of signing players, not less.

We lost out narrowly last year and didn't make any major signings, why would this summer be any different if that occured again?

To be honest, I don't know why I'm bothering. You'd accept blowing the league if it meant we signed a couple of players? For what, so we can challenge next year? I've rarely come across such skewed logic on here.
As I said, I was trolling - just trying to cheer Mr Ed up, really

Yes I *do* "get it" - I "get" that the gimps will avoid spending any of that Ronaldo "War Chest" (rofl rofl rofl) unless they are forced to; their recent behaviour backs this up.

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:50 AM
BarryX

Quote:

can't see anderson going, frustrating player but he's played well this season (pace, carlo).

question marks over berbatov and i wonder how nani feels about spending so much time on the bench now valencia is back.

agree about Nani. I heard rumblings on here that he is really not liked at OT due to his #@&%!y and arrogant nature, so am quite sure that being number 2 to Valencia will piss him off enough to actually want to move elsewhere. He is also a much better right winger, than he in on the left. It would be a shame, though, as I actually rate him very very highly and would love to see stay (and maybe Big T given a shot in the center).

all the others you have mentioned are nailed on, IMHO, and as great as he is (and he has been great) maybe it is time for Scholes to hang up his boots.

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
no chance evans will be gone with brown getting on and rio injury-prone. he's an excellent fourth-choice centre-half, he's young, he's home-grown and he's got loads of potential. he's played well in his last few games.

cleverley and welbeck to come back.

i can see a keeper and two midfielders coming in, perhaps a wide/attacking player depending on berbatov and nani.

Agree with all that.

Unread 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe that might not be totally a bad thing - *if* it brings about the changes that everybody knows are needed??
£#%&!ing hell.

welcome to 2005

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
£#%&!ing hell.

welcome to 2005
Well that is a hopeful precedent, at least - changes *did* come, and the rest is of course history

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Sparky***

I wouldn't trust this team to smash a £#%&!ing snail shell at the moment, let alone chelsea.

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wouldn't trust this team to smash a £#%&!ing snail shell at the moment, let alone chelsea.
That's the spirit. Going to be a wonderfully depressing end to the season imo.

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

think there was a thread this week about the advantages of playing first over the weekend im pretty confident that last fart chelsea win had some effect on the team yesterday .
mentally i would say chelsea are in a far better frame of mind than us now
can see them getting the win at o/t on sunday and probably winning the league .
hope the support that does go on sunday get behind the lads we are going to need them more than ever before .
it needs to be hostile a £#%&!.

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
think there was a thread this week about the advantages of playing first over the weekend im pretty confident that last fart chelsea win had some effect on the team yesterday .
mentally i would say chelsea are in a far better frame of mind than us now
can see them getting the win at o/t on sunday and probably winning the league .
hope the support that does go on sunday get behind the lads we are going to need them more than ever before .
it needs to be hostile a £#%&!.
Horrible to say, but it depends to a fair extent on the officials too.

Chelski are well overdue one or two big calls going AGAINST them

Unread 02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
magic_cantona

Football

The Chelsea game can't come soon enough, £#%&!ing horrible having to wait after the pile of shit that was this weekends football. I just wish we were playing Chelsea on Wednesday tbh because the build up seems to be all about us buckling.

Nail your colours to the mast now.

How will we do in both games?

I honestly think we'll win both games but the waiting is horrid.

(the phrase 'man up ffs' is banned from this thread too)

Unread 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Allenby Chilton

Is everyone forgetting our home form? We don't lose at Old Trafford and a draw is no good for Chelsea

The longer it stays 0-0 the worse it is for them, they'll be forced to push men forward leaving more space at the back. We'll win this one then with the league virtually sewn up concentrate on getting the team right for Barca

Unread 02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Allenby Chilton

We'll win both games 2-0 against ze Germans on Wednesday and 2-1 against the bummers on Sunday

Unread 02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Sloane

dont think this has been discussed yet so nice one

Unread 02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
dont think this has been discussed yet so nice one
Tit
Closed Thread