Unread 16-04-2024, 03:47 PM
silv

i can see us beating chelsea it’s not beyond comprehension

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
i can see us beating chelsea it’s not beyond comprehension
it would be a bit of a surprise, though.

Unread 16-04-2024, 03:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
it couldn't really surprise anyone if we won the f.a. cup or if we lost to coventry. at this point, it doesn't really matter.
What matters then?

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
What matters then?
consistency. building. any sign of some common sense. if we play well, the result doesn't matter. if we play badly, the result doesn't matter.

obvs, it matters if we win a trophy. but it shouldn't matter in terms of whether it secures the manager's long-term future. what should matter is whether he knows what he's doing.

king louis was sacked after winning the f.a. cup.

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:11 PM
BigRonManager

"Relegation trouble, out of all the cups, not won in 10" So that's the standard for criticising the manager now is it? I'd have thought the worst showing ever in the CL and getting outplayed by cannon-fodder week in and week out might be enough but I guess not.

Sick of hearing about injuries tbh, it's just a puny excuse. Managers are paid to manage, and he's regularly fielding 7 or 8 of what would be his preferred starting 11 anyway. There's just no excuse for being this shit.

7 months isn't an unreasonable amount of time when it's all been one-way.

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
"Relegation trouble, out of all the cups, not won in 10" So that's the standard for criticising the manager now is it? I'd have thought the worst showing ever in the CL and getting outplayed by cannon-fodder week in and week out might be enough but I guess not.

Sick of hearing about injuries tbh, it's just a puny excuse. Managers are paid to manage, and he's regularly fielding 7 or 8 of what would be his preferred starting 11 anyway. There's just no excuse for being this shit.

7 months isn't an unreasonable amount of time when it's all been one-way.
No, try and keep up with the conversation....

And yes 7 months is stupidity if you backed him to the hilt after last season which many of the narrative addicts did.....

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:27 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
No, try and keep up with the conversation....

And yes 7 months is stupidity if you backed him to the hilt after last season which many of the narrative addicts did.....
"Relegation trouble"....Manchester United...Listen to what you're saying.

Your only criteria for supporting the rubbish we're watching week in and week out is because you've been bigging him up since day 1, same with Antony. I was hopeful for sure, but i'll never put my fragile ego ahead of United's wellbeing like you do.

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Your only criteria for supporting the rubbish we're watching week in and week out is because you've been bigging him up since day 1, same with Antony. I was hopeful for sure, but i'll never put my fragile ego ahead of United's wellbeing like you do.
Only ones with the fragile egos are the lads throwing their toys out of the pram because we haven’t won the CL yet. Textbook gloryhunters who don’t understand the intricacies of ball. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

I've no idea who you are, but thanks for following my posts....

Every single person was bigging him up when he joined.....

98% of outers were bigging him up in the seasons predictions.....

Only one I have any respect for is Marlo, at least he's consistent....

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:48 PM
believe

Think there was more than 2% of us tbf.

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Think there was more than 2% of us tbf.
You didn't even post on the thread....

But congratulations on predicting an awful season in your head

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:57 PM
est.1878

Scar is consistently under radar sagey

A reminder that best signing doesnt have to mean good

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...65&postcount=8

Unread 16-04-2024, 04:59 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
I've no idea who you are, but thanks for following my posts....

Every single person was bigging him up when he joined.....

98% of outers were bigging him up in the seasons predictions.....

Only one I have any respect for is Marlo, at least he's consistent....
Hopeful maybe, but no one else was bigging the bloke up pretending to be £#%&!ing Eredivisie experts.

Hopeful until you have reason not to be; the honest way.

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Hopeful maybe, but no one else was bigging the bloke up pretending to be £#%&!ing Eredivisie experts.

Hopeful until you have reason not to be; the honest way.
yeah, that's a huge lie, but whatever...he was linked to city and Madrid also....

The whole place was buzzing with the appointment...

Captain hindsight is in...just admit you have no patience for the guy, stand on it....

I don't claim to be an expert, ive just watched it since a kid, only really watch the goals show now and check on the results....

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:11 PM
BigRonManager

I don't know if you're new to football but most of the "buzzing" was to do with Ole and Rangnick's time being done, a fresh start and a sweep of the poisonous players. Being a big fish in a small league is no guarantee of anything. As it's proven with tH.

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Scar is consistently under radar sagey

A reminder that best signing doesnt have to mean good

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...65&postcount=8
Which bit did he get right?

Found it.

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:16 PM
jem

Quote:
The whole place was buzzing with the appointment...

Captain hindsight is in...just admit you have no patience for the guy, stand on it....
it's not hindsight to say we were buzzing, but he has disappointed. he's had two seasons. I don't demand instant success. I just want some encouraging signs.

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I don't know if you're new to football but most of the "buzzing" was to do with Ole and Rangnick's time being done, a fresh start and a sweep of the poisonous players. Being a big fish in a small league is no guarantee of anything. As it's proven with tH.
Again, that's a lie, you couldn't find me five posts questioning the league he was arriving from when news was breaking of our interest....

He's continued to win silverware at his new club, so the fish kept on swimming....

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Finishing position - champions
Champions League exit / finish - semi final
Highest scorer - Holjund
Best signing - Holjund
Biggest first team flop - Casemiro
Carling cup - Quarters
Fa cup - winners
Shock of the season - Varane goes a season without injury
Have redacted this guy’s name as he doesn’t want to be praised for his fearless optimism or his relentless sagery, but you have to admire his ball knowledge. He knew Hojlund would be a top signing; he also knew that Casemiro would flop, and had us down as winners of the FA cup, which we’re well on track to do.

Veered into unrealistic territory with the Varane shout but no one, even [redacted], is perfect.

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:27 PM
BigRonManager

Probably should have redacted the first bit as well.