United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Vic Mackey

We have brain power in Rooney, and Downing is £#%&!.

Both would cost a fortune. Neither have any pace which would hurt our current style.

That is all.

Unread 13-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
We have brain power in Rooney, and Downing is £#%&!.

Both would cost a fortune. Neither have any pace which would hurt our current style.

That is all.
Rooney's brain power is good - for a scouser.

Berbatov's is clearly a more composed vision not just of what is present but more importantly what is to come. He reminds me of Eric; what the £#%&! is he doing that.......... great pass!

If you think Downing is £#%&! you're wrong, of course. As I said, he is a rough diamond that United would polish. Whether he is mentally up to the challenge is another question entirely.

Unread 13-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Vic Mackey

Downing just seems like an above-average player to me.

I honestly think Park is a better player. I also think Nani is well ahead of him already, despite being younger.

If we were to go for a British youngster, I would much prefer Agbonlahor.

Unread 13-04-2008, 02:51 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
thats 100% correct imo.

rossi was a reserve hero. not good enough for us or a top team in england
oh right, that explains why he saved parma from relegation last season and did so brilliantly at villarreal before his injury.

pathetic moron.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
oh right, that explains why he saved parma from relegation last season and did so brilliantly at villarreal before his injury.

pathetic moron.
He wasn't the only player responsible for Parma's tunraround during their run in. A very important player, but wasn't the only one.

Coracao - probably not. But I just posted what's been upped on the Sanc re Zarate and his next club. I couldn't really care less if it turned out to be true or not, but I did stress that it was rumoured. Since one or two on here have been interested in the lad since he arrived at Brum I thought I'd stick it up.

As for getting anything right? A couple when I posted over on RI and I did have a lot of good info last Summer re one or two Utd targets. All of that was bang on. I just pass on what I hear from one or two I know with decent connections at OT. Although I agree most of it is nothing but piss and wind.

Anyhoo, I'm asking Armchair to disable my account when my second kid arrives in June so you won't have to read anymore of it.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:29 AM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Anyhoo, I'm asking Armchair to disable my account when my second kid arrives in June so you won't have to read anymore of it.
not looking past may myself.

he was calling marlo pathetic though not you though.

stay tight for the run in.

Unread 13-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
not looking past may myself.

he was calling marlo pathetic though not you though.

stay tight for the run in.
I'm pretty sure it was me. I don't mind though, been called far worse.

Unread 13-04-2008, 11:48 AM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm pretty sure it was me. I don't mind though, been called far worse.
ok keep it tight dog

Unread 13-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Downing just seems like an above-average player to me.

I honestly think Park is a better player. I also think Nani is well ahead of him already, despite being younger.

If we were to go for a British youngster, I would much prefer Agbonlahor.
Park is a superb team player who has done it on the biggest stages of international and club football and enjoyed plenty of success in the process.

Downing is a rough diamond who fits in with much of what United are all about, namely attacking verve and scoring goals. The questions against him would centre largely on his flexibility and his mentality imo - is he up to the challenge?

Agbonlahor seems like a decent prospect, but he plays a different position. Wellbeck looks a much more skillful player tbh.

Unread 13-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Coracao

I don't rate Downing. i don't really see the need for him either, unless Giggs quits this summer. Even then, I wouldn't be in for Downing.

I think Downing is on a similar level to Pedersen, who has had a fairly poor season this time round.

If we were looking for a versatile player with quality, i'd be looking at someone like Arteta, well before those listed.

Unread 13-04-2008, 02:55 PM
keano's love

a winger? give welbeck his chance or go for silva/capel.

Unread 13-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Vic Mackey

Capel is still a lightweight at this stage.
Closed Thread