United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think what I actually said was that we could potentially challenge for the title but should be in the top 4. but we have got quality players. as everyone recognised at the beginning of the season, before the hindsight/revisionism kicked in. jose has not organised them and fired them up, though. quite the contrary. he has been a moody, defensive #sadmanonthetrainingpitch and he has not got the best out of them. this has largely been down to decisions he has made.
Not disputing that at all.

However, to lay it ALL at his door is completely wrong and is doing so out of a bias against him.

Rooney and Carrick are past it
Smalling and Jones....Forget it.
Shaw, there have been major questions mark over him this season
Lingard is not good enough to be a starter for a team challenging for the league imo
Martial....I've no idea what's going on with him. Sometimes he actually looks like he's forgot he's fast

I agree, Mourinho's subs and one or two other things haven't helped but, the players are equally to blame for the shit show in the league

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Funny how Conte inherited a terrible situation at Chelsea and ...
Yes, how did he turn that rag tag mob of no hopers who had been champions 18 months before he got there into erm, champions?

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes, how did he turn that rag tag mob of no hopers who had been champions 18 months before he got there into erm, champions?
was it by organising them into a reasonable team and not being a moody @#%&!?

or was it just due to the fact that costa didn't get sent off a couple of times and was always there to score a jammy winner to get them off to a good start they didn't deserve?

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
was it by organising them into a reasonable team and not being a moody @#%&!?

or was it just due to the fact that costa didn't get sent off a couple of times and was always there to score a jammy winner to get them off to a good start they didn't deserve?
I don't know mate - i'm not a championship winning manager...but i would guess that taking over the most successful club of the last 10 years with a ready made championship winning squad probably helps.

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
You said earlier that you look down on the lads for blaming LvG and Moyes for the club's failings...Yet, at the moment, you're looking down on Mourinho and blaming him for our failings at the moment....
Literally haven't said any of that tbf.

Just casually entered the discussion because people were suggesting it's all due to the last manager. Had to say something.

Unread 16-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Literally haven't said any of that tbf.

Just casually entered the discussion because people were suggesting it's all due to the last manager. Had to say something.
Did you?

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Did you?
I felt so.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know mate - i'm not a championship winning manager...but i would guess that taking over the most successful club of the last 10 years with a ready made championship winning squad probably helps.
it doesn't seem to have helped mourinho - this year or last year.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it doesn't seem to have helped mourinho - this year or last year.
Alright mate. Whatever you say.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:34 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Not disputing that at all.

However, to lay it ALL at his door is completely wrong and is doing so out of a bias against him.

Rooney and Carrick are past it And they've played less,
Smalling and Jones....Forget it. Problems with these two are massively overplayed, our defensive record is sound,despite every Smalling error that has been pointed out relentlessly as some sort of excuse for playing the 9-0-1 trying to defend a lead sat deep shite that has seen us lose leads all season.
Shaw, there have been major questions mark over him this season They might have something to do with his manager publicly suggesting he didn't have a clue what to do on a pitch and then questioning whether he was actually injured,
Lingard is not good enough to be a starter for a team challenging for the league imo Well he wouldn't be a starter if Mourinho would play the Bundesliga player of the year that he signed for 27million quid before benching him and calling him out in press conferences for not understanding how his manager wanted him to play, having watched it for a season, I don't understand it either
Martial....I've no idea what's going on with him. Sometimes he actually looks like he's forgot he's fast It might have something to do with his manager stripping him of his squad number days after he took out a trademark on it and then questioning his attitude, dropping him every other game regardless of performance and basically painting him as not good enough?
I agree, Mourinho's subs and one or two other things haven't helped but, the players are equally to blame for the shit show in the league
Could the squad use a player here or there? To operate at the top end of Europe possibly, but I've said it a few times, a year removed from a Leicester squad filled with Joe Schmoes plus Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante winning the league at a canter, we have absolutely no excuses for not doing better with the squad we have, and no personnel deficiencies can excuse Jose's man management which has veered from ill judged to wilfully counter productive.

His man management is actually the biggest concern, given the consensus view is that he completely lost the Chelsea dressing room, he seems to be almost overdoing it at United to prove that he knows best or some %@#$&!s.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Whoever is right - the conclusion, if you're determined to draw it now, is fairly depressing.

Three shit managers who have all made a balls of their time at united.

But at the minute, I would argue that it's not too early to criticise mou but it is a bit too early to judge him.

We beat Ajax and we end up having a good season with a confident platform for players and manager alike to respond to. Lose and the club lurches around again, the manager loses his shit and we potentially end up like Liverpool. And with van gaal - most fans, including people on Internet forums, gave him until Christmas of his second season before they formed a judgement.

Difficult to work out what went wrong after Christmas this year - I think quite a few things including bad decisions by mou - but a lot of it might just be down to a growing realisation amongst the team that the team wasn't up to a title push - a team with little to aim for is in a bad place. Aiming for top 4 just feels a bit shite to me.

Next week is a big one.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Clarkie

ScholesGingerSheen thinks the club taking Martial's number 9 shirt off him is the reason he's seems to forgot about his pace and thinks Smalling and Jones are fine.

£#%&!ing hell, I've heard it all now. It's actually like trying to have a debate with a child.

I'm sure me thinking it's like debating with a child is Mourinho's fault but, then again, he's destroyed the youth etc

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

But at the minute, I would argue that it's not too early to criticise mou but it is a bit too early to judge him.
Good point.....

6th and giving up on the league is in my opinion worth grief..

I don't want him out, but he's not above a dig.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:47 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
ScholesGingerSheen thinks the club taking Martial's number 9 shirt off him is the reason he's seems to forgot about his pace and thinks Smalling and Jones are fine.

£#%&!ing hell, I've heard it all now. It's actually like trying to have a debate with a child.

I'm sure me thinking it's like debating with a child is Mourinho's fault but, then again, he's destroyed the youth etc
No it's because you're a bit of a door handle.

Unread 16-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
No it's because you're a bit of a door handle.
Yeah I am..Probably because the club took Martial's number 9 off him.

Dark day.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Martial won't have liked the number thing, nqat. These things matter to footballers.

It is concerning with him that he just wasn't on it from the start. Mkhi showed a few flashes mid season and then drifted back to obscurity. Martial just never really got going. The fact that he's had a good game if he just has a few decent moments shows his decline.

Hope we don't give up on him but the lad needs to sort it out. No excuse for how ineffective he's becoming.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:19 PM
jem

I feel some are trying to make this anti-mourinho just because he's so clearly a dick who makes mistakes.

the point is - we hired mourinho and we got mourinho. like we hired moyes and got £#%&!ing moyes.

next time, whether in a couple of weeks or a couple of decades, we should hire someone whose football philosophy and personality we admire. just in case he turns out to be like he is.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:20 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Yeah I am..Probably because the club took Martial's number 9 off him.

Dark day.
OK you say we finished 6th because Smalling and Jones are shite, I say that's overegged, so lets examine the evidence on both sides,

For them being shite
You, Throb, Sparky, Ziggy, Lok, Marlon and probably some others on the forum think they're shite

Against them being shite
We have the second best defensive record in our division, even after the abject surrender of the last two games,
They were signed and used as first team squad players by the most successful British manager in history
They were used as first team regulars by our last two managers, one of whom is the second most successful manager in premier league history.

So on balance and despite me giving considerable thought to the weight of your opinion when measured against the opinion of the two most succesful managers in the last 30 years of English football. I am going to go out on a limb and say, the idea that Smalling and Jones might not be as shite as this forum likes to think is not particularly childlike.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
OK you say we finished 6th because Smalling and Jones are shite, I say that's overegged, so lets examine the evidence on both sides,

For them being shite
You, Throb, Sparky, Ziggy, Lok, Marlon and probably some others on the forum think they're shite

Against them being shite
We have the second best defensive record in our division, even after the abject surrender of the last two games,
They were signed and used as first team squad players by the most successful British manager in history
They were used as first team regulars by our last two managers, one of whom is the second most successful manager in premier league history.

So on balance and despite me giving considerable thought to the weight of your opinion when measured against the opinion of the two most succesful managers in the last 30 years of English football. I am going to go out on a limb and say, the idea that Smalling and Jones might not be as shite as this forum likes to think is not particularly childlike.
Smalling is.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:37 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Smalling is.
Closed Thread