United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Default Anti-sage moments - come clean while you can

After the spate of snide/brutal old post quoting on here, I thought it'd be best to let people confess the things they got wrong before they get inevitably found out/BTT'd

Mine is our summer 06 transfer window. Didn't think Carrick and Scholes on their own in centre midfield would be good enough, thought we needed a ball winner there as well. Turned out that it didn't matter much if the opposition couldn't get the ball off them in the first place.

Was on the last day of the window when West Ham signed Mascherano & Tevez. Seemed to remember Pure had been promising a forum meltdown on the last day all summer long

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:26 PM
believe

Nothing that I can think of.

Berbatov
Kagawa
Welbeck
Rooney
Wilson
Hernandez
Di Maria

Just to name a few.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Ethers

I hated Carrick for about 6 months. Definitely my most shocking anti-sage moment.

Hard to think of many other than that. Oh, I wanted us to sign Dean Holdsworth about 20 years ago

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:29 PM
wiganste

I thought Macheda would make it. I guess I was blinded by that winner v Villa.

There's been more I'm certain

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Berbatov
Kagawa
Welbeck
Rooney
Wilson
Hernandez
Di Maria

Just to name a few.
That Ryan lad? Well done you, nobody heard from him again did they.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I thought Macheda would make it. I guess I was blinded by that winner v Villa.

There's been more I'm certain
You made up for it by saging that we'd sign Owen

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Berbatov
Kagawa
Welbeck
Rooney
Wilson
Hernandez
Di Maria

Just to name a few.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203371

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Szekely

around his pinnacle of Fabregas defecation, I thought Anderson would be the best midfielder in the world in three years.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Neo

Red face

Genuinely thought Berbatov was going to be a brilliant signing for us. I thought he'd go on to become one of the best players in the world, and make us the best team in Europe. Technically we already were the best team in Europe when we signed him, but you know what I mean.

I thought he'd be the perfect foil for the industry of Rooney and Tevez, and add a real touch of class to the attack. Tbf, I don't remember too many people at the time thinking otherwise. Spurs fans thought we'd got a bargain, too.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

I thought Fellaini would be a good signing and would improve our midfield

How wrong can you be :shakehead:

Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You made up for it by saging that we'd sign Owen
An absolute low NQAT

Sparky***

£#%&!ing loads.

The lady gaga thread however is an all time low

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Knockers

Thought Fellaini would be ace.
Thought Alan Smith would be the new Keane in midfield.
Thought Michael Clegg looked like a future Utd captain.
Loved Obertan.
Despised Beckham, Scholes, Butt et al for taking over from Kanchelskis, Ince and Hughes for almost the whole of 95/96. Still reckon apart from Scholes the latter group were miles better tbh.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Genuinely thought Berbatov was going to be a brilliant signing for us. I thought he'd go on to become one of the best players in the world, and make us the best team in Europe. Technically we already were the best team in Europe when we signed him, but you know what I mean.

I thought he'd be the perfect foil for the industry of Rooney and Tevez, and add a real touch of class to the attack. Tbf, I don't remember too many people at the time thinking otherwise. Spurs fans thought we'd got a bargain, too.
I thought his signing marked a departure from quick attacking football which would be a mistake. I prefer strikers with speed and good movement.

His time is a shame though because we rarely saw him utilised as Quieroz suggested was the original vision (which was with Tevez, Ronaldo & Rooney rather than replacing Tevez.)

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Loved watching him play more than anyone we've had in years tbh. Know it didn't 100% work out but still..

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing loads.

The lady gaga thread however is an all time low

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

His hat trick against Liverpool was pretty special

He missed some glorious chances but scored some classy goals

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
His hat trick against Liverpool was pretty special

He missed some glorious chances but scored some classy goals
He wasn't a raging succes but hardly the flop some insist either.

Never wanted him fwiw.

Unread 08-02-2015, 03:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Trying to make a positive out of a situation like that is not sage or anti sage.
Closed Thread