over here, look at me applauding the tele

Unread 31-05-2009, 10:36 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
forgot you were a southerner

I bet you shout "man on" & "our ball" at the tele as well

over here, look at me applauding the tele
would get yellow carded for a ticking off for saying either phrase.

Unread 01-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

off to barca, eto'o to united, tevez to ciddy?

Quote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has refused to commit his future to Inter Milan and hinted he may be ready for a new challenge.
The Sweden international helped Jose Mourinho's men to a fourth consecutive Serie A title last season and admits he has achieved all he can in Italy.
He finished as the division's top scorer last term, with 25 goals, and feels he has taken his career as far as he can at Giuseppe Meazza.
"It's good to end this way, It couldn't have gone any better," Ibrahimovic told Sky Italia following Inter's 4-3 victory over Atalanta on the final day of the 2008/09 campaign.
"The future? I don't know. If something is going to happen, it will be after this match. We will see, I don't know yet.
"I have won everything in Italy. When I arrived here many criticised me, saying I was a fantastic player, but I couldn't score goals.
"Now I have won the Capocannoniere (top scorer) title and proved myself. I could not have done any better than this. I have won five Scudetti (league titles), the Super Cup, I'm missing the Coppa Italia, but that's okay.
"I don't know what else I can still do in Italy, other than keep going and build a collection."
Ibrahimovic has been strongly linked with a move to Spain in recent weeks, with Barcelona and Real Madrid both believed to be interested in the former Ajax striker.
The Swede has done little to distance himself from those reports and admits he will make a decision regarding his future once the upcoming round of 2010 World Cup qualifiers are out of the way.
"We'll see. Now there are two internationals with Sweden and then we'll wait and see what happens," he added.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football...al_214504.html

Unread 01-06-2009, 01:45 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
off to barca, eto'o to united, tevez to ciddy?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...al_214504.html

As if Barca are gonna break up the first 11 of that team. They are only going to add to it. Maybe someone to replace Henry in a year or so. Cannot see Eto'o going anywhere

Unread 01-06-2009, 08:13 AM
marlo

zlatan will outshine messi in the barca team

Unread 01-06-2009, 08:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
zlatan will outshine messi in the barca team
-1/10

Unread 04-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

fergal's ready to pounce

Quote:
Barcelona president Joan Laporta wants to keep Samuel Eto'o at the Nou Camp but expects to receive some tempting offers for the Cameroon striker this summer.

Eto'o has only a year remaining on his contract and if Barca do not cash in this summer or renew his contract they face the possibility of losing him for nothing next June.

Speculation is mounting that the treble-winners will use him as part of a cash plus player deal to snap up Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, while the 28-year-old has also been linked with a move to Manchester City.

Laporta said: "Samuel has a contract and we're very happy with him.
"We want him to continue with us and for him to retire in the Barca shirt.
But the market is very dynamic and there could be surprises. He's a wanted man and we know he'll receive offers. We want him to continue, he has a contract and let's hope he renews it."
http://www.sportinglife.com/football...CCER_Etoo.html

Unread 04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
City are after him.

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
marlo

cash plus player deal to snap up Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic

eto'o plus cash.

zlatan is too much of a top boy. people on here seriously underestimate him.

these are goals he scored this season ALONE

(imagine if berbs or rooney had scored this...(0-50)

24 goals this season.

easily one of the top 5 strikers in europe.

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

he can be a superb striker with a great touch, but a big game bottler who is never there when really needed

how many shots on goal did he have against us across two legs. Far too easy to mark out of the game, and lets the pressure get to him to easily

there are much, much better out there, esp for us

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
he can be a superb striker with a great touch, but a big game bottler who is never there when really needed

how many shots on goal did he have against us across two legs. Far too easy to mark out of the game, and lets the pressure get to him to easily

Great post.

No doubt he has talent and ability but he doesn't have the mental strength to perform on the big stage.

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
marlo

Quote:

he played against us who are one of the best teams in europe.

how well did messi do against us in the final?
how well has drogba done against us?
over the past 3 years how well has torres done against us?

he is a brilliant player and does the business in his domestic league. some can draw similarities with rooney in that aspect.

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
borsuk

i'd imagine barca would be in the market for defenders and a keeper, not a forward who will never play the kind of advanced pressing game that barca have played all season.

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'd imagine barca would be in the market for defenders and a keeper, not a forward who will never play the kind of advanced pressing game that barca have played all season.
i thought succesful teams want to buy strikers (like zlatan) to give them an extra dimension?

european champions etc...

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:

he is a brilliant player and does the business in his domestic league. some can draw similarities with rooney in that aspect.
not just us though is it. If it was just against us i'd say we've got the measure of him and he just can't play against us. But he goes missing in most big games he plays, including domestic ones. So there are £#%&! all comparisons with Rooney there

look at his record in europe for the past 5-6 years. not exactly inspiring is it

he's too inconsistent to be compared with the likes of rooney

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
marlo

Quote:

he's too inconsistent to be compared with the likes of rooney
maybe in the champions league but definately not in the league.

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
wiganste

Quote:

He's only been in England 2 years and made a right @#%&! of Vidic at Old Trafford

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's only been in England 2 years and made a right @#%&! of Vidic at Old Trafford
i never even noticed that

FAIL

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
he only performed well against united in that 'one off' bad game for united.

always been in ferdinands pocket when we play liverpool. you know this.

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
he only performed well against united in that 'one off' bad game for united.

always been in ferdinands pocket when we play liverpool. you know this.
Been thinking recently that him being at full fitness next season is vitally important. Good long rest this summer and hope that back issue clears up. Looked far from fit from Jan onwards.
Closed Thread