United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Your favourite United moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Apart from the obvious Nou Camp '99, Moscow '08 etc. I remember going absolutely mental when Mark Hughes got the equalizer against Oldham in the 1994 FA Cup.

Kept our hopes of the Double alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQBv-4mSUj4
my video

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
my video
Is it?

Thanks for uploading it. One of my favourite moments.

Shame Hughes grew up to manage the Bitters, but I will always love him for that goal. I was only 8 years old.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:19 PM
redhegemony

goal 6 takes some beating the little dip and swerve

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:22 PM
red @rmy

kinell, there's far too many to list,but i love a good gurnfest.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:32 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Your favourite United moment

Full time tonight. That was a £#%&!ing horrific ordeal, was genuinely pleased when it was all over.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Big Norm

When you're 7 years old at a Belfast school full of glory hunting Liverpool fans, this game lives with you for the rest of your life and makes you thank your Da for making you a Utd fan.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:56 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnVqBBb93A

When you're 7 years old at a Belfast school full of glory hunting Liverpool fans, this game lives with you for the rest of your life and makes you thank your Da for making you a Utd fan.
I was 13 in 1977 and just moved to Yorkshire, fortunately, and to my great surprise, all the moody £#%&!ers were Utd fans

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Full time tonight. That was a £#%&!ing horrific ordeal, was genuinely pleased when it was all over.
Oh for God's sake.

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:01 PM
My Name is Keith

Too many to mention but of the ones I went to, beating City 3 - 2 at their place after being 2 down has to be up there.

Getting it back to 3 - 3 with 10 men at Anfield in the late 80's was top draw for a young lad.

Forest away in the cup in 1989/90.

Montpellier away in 91.

Sweet Jesus, there's way too many.

But as a United fan, Everest was climbed in 99. Barca was an out of this world moment never to be forgotten.

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:02 PM
HarkNowHear

Les Olive rescuing me from the crush outside the old souvenir shop.

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:05 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Les Olive rescuing me from the crush outside the old souvenir shop.
I loved that old Souvenir shop...I was in there with my dad when 'The Doc' made an appearence behind the counter...£#%&!ing ace!

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:09 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
I loved that old Souvenir shop...I was in there with my dad when 'The Doc' made an appearence behind the counter...£#%&!ing ace!
I had lost my George badge and my penant of the king

Les replaced them and walked me thru the interior of the ground, out of the old players entrance and back to me Dad

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:17 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I had lost my George badge and my penant of the king

Les replaced them and walked me thru the interior of the ground, out of the old players entrance and back to me Dad
Hark, I can't top that, fair play to Les. I probably had my eye on a tartan Jim Holton scarf or maybe one of those pencil drawings of the squad they used to sell, class merchandice

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:24 PM
MIFF

85 cup semi replay at maine rd needs a mention.

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:39 PM
roon78

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
seeing rooney make such an astonishing debut or camp nou 99
you only saw half of it!

Unread 15-09-2010, 03:29 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

stood in the united road (jibbed in)
watching him do that filled me with pride in united fans like i've never felt before

Unread 15-09-2010, 07:57 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Has to be ole in 99. The fact that it ended the way it did was the most scripted (not a RAWK rant) dream scenario you could imagine but then again the whole season was-scouse at home 2 late goals, late goal away to charlton, scholes' equaliser against inter, giggs' last minute equaliser in against juve, coming back from 2-0 down after 11 minutes in the return leg and of course that game against Arsenal. Probably the greatest game of football i've ever watched, it truly had everything, the red card, the penalty and one of the greatest goals ever scored. That was a top Arsenal team too (snidey @#%&!s). Ole sticking out his right peg tied all of this together-truly fated

Unread 15-09-2010, 08:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
Rotterdam 91 - Spent two nights in Amsterdam before the match getting pissed/stoned. Passing around spliffs with complete strangers on the double decker train on the way to Rotterdam, the match was £#%&!ing brilliant though very wet, Got back to Amsterdam train station, hundreds of reds whistling 'always look on the bright side of life'.
Argggh! I was on that platform, it was amazing. The noise was absolutely deafening, must have been nearly 1000+ people getting off that train.

Remember they opened the doors to the station and as everyone poured out my old man remarked 'it's like they've just opened a champagne bottle'.

What a night that was.

Unread 15-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Is it?

Thanks for uploading it. One of my favourite moments.

Shame Hughes grew up to manage the Bitters, but I will always love him for that goal. I was only 8 years old.
Yes, I was behind the goal with my girlfriend of the time and we ended up about three rows apart from each other after the pandemonium had died down

That TV presenter's hair though

Unread 15-09-2010, 08:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Argggh! I was on that platform, it was amazing. The noise was absolutely deafening, must have been nearly 1000+ people getting off that train.

Remember they opened the doors to the station and as everyone poured out my old man remarked 'it's like they've just opened a champagne bottle'.

What a night that was.
I was foolish enough to go on a £#%&!ing coach with dave from stretford

got back thursday night, piss wet through, reeking of his stinking farts
Closed Thread