United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Woy will set them up to be very defensive next week & hope to hoof it up to Torres & pray for a customary Vidic £#%&! up...

Konchesky went off injured so possible Agger at left back, we have to play Rafael behind Nani next week & overload that side, surely?! Not like that Jovanavic has shown epic pace or ability to terrorize a defender.

Very functional Scouse side, how the £#%&! have they ended up with Poulson & Lucas starting in midfield from Alonso & Mascherano 2 years ago

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
safingtons

Lol Marlsy.

Don't compare the two situations kiddo.

There's a reason we've been challenging, while Liverpool ended up 7th.

We would be on 19 league titles now had it not been for the 2 months we were left with only a couple of defenders + the two dodgy 1-0 losses to Chelsea.

We ended up losing the league by a point, such tight margin - tell me, would you really be crying on here if we were league winners 4 years in a row?

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly it was like FC v FC reserves
Dick.

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM
safingtons

BTW, real pity we never went for Barry Ferguson when I suggested we did, he was absolutely superb last season and has continued in the same vein.

Unfortunately some people don't rate him because he doesn't have a cool name or doesn't wear orange boots. Would be perfect relief for Fletcher given we can't rely on Hargreaves at all.

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
plopborsky

but he dont have cool boots

Unread 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Baron

£#%&! off Marlo

We're certainly down on quality compared to 2 seasons ago, but still capable of finishing 1 point off the league winners instead of 7th. The strength in depth there is non-exisistent.

I'd love to see where they'd finish if Torres got a nasty injury.

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
BTW, real pity we never went for Barry Ferguson when I suggested we did, he was absolutely superb last season and has continued in the same vein.

Unfortunately some people don't rate him because he doesn't have a cool name or doesn't wear orange boots. Would be perfect relief for Fletcher given we can't rely on Hargreaves at all.
Holy @#%&! Batman.

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Holy @#%&! Batman.
You think he's a bad player?

Would you seriously turn him down as a squad player? He'd start at Liverpool and possibly Arsenal too if you ask me.

Extremely underrated player.

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
marlo

Quote:
£#%&! off Marlo

We're certainly down on quality compared to 2 seasons ago, but still capable of finishing 1 point off the league winners instead of 7th. The strength in depth there is non-exisistent.

I'd love to see where they'd finish if Torres got a nasty injury.
relative declines my friend. relative.

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
relative declines my friend. relative.
Of course, I see a decline in quality, any side that loses Ronnie is going to decline. To arrest that, I championed Ozil last summer, £#%&! it, I championed any attacking midfielder that could transition the ball between midfield & attack. To be where we are though, I feel it much less purely football decisions, & far more financial, although there is an element of the former that cost us since Ronnie left - notably, imo - the acquisition of Owen when any other striker would have made a difference.

From a footballing perspective though, where would you rather be? Us, or them...

You can't argue that.

Unread 12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
dinger

Quote:

Would you seriously turn him down as a squad player? He'd start at Liverpool and possibly Arsenal too if you ask me.

Yes, yes I do.

Yes I would.

No he wouldnt.

No he isnt, hes an average player doing average things, who isnt fit to clean the youth teams boots.

Unread 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Unfortunately some people don't rate him because he doesn't have a cool name or doesn't wear orange boots.

Unread 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Of course, I see a decline in quality, any side that loses Ronnie is going to decline. To arrest that, I championed Ozil last summer, £#%&! it, I championed any attacking midfielder that could transition the ball between midfield & attack. To be where we are though, I feel it much less purely football decisions, & far more financial, although there is an element of the former that cost us since Ronnie left - notably, imo - the acquisition of Owen when any other striker would have made a difference.

From a footballing perspective though, where would you rather be? Us, or them...

You can't argue that.
Don't worry Baron, Obertan will be that man. All Fergie needs to do is have a little confidence in the fella and give him a run of games. The time to unleash the head has come.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:

yeah but then you could argue about 100 players in the premiership that would be good 'squad' players.

Hed start for Liverpool but thats it.
Closed Thread