United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:09 PM
dunk

Default Re: *Official* Everton v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
£#%&!ing hell, can we not let this match go?

It's Tuesday afternoon ffs.
It rankles until we play again and have something else to whinge about.

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
100 pages after a draw, £#%&! knows how many it'll be after a defeat.
Considering some of the negative shite posted on this forum since Saturday, I'm thinking most will give it a swerve if the defeat that many are practically salivating in anticipation of actually occurs.

There are some that I imagine to have 1000 word posts pre-written just waiting for United to lose so they can roll them out and get their 'told you so's' and 'value ' in.

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
one of the most farcical things i've seen that.

referee blows the whistle, game over - everton play on anyway, have a rubbish effort at goal, david moyes goes mental.

Is there a Rugby League type rule then where you can't end the game until the ball goes out of play or something?
rugby union. once whistle goes, game is not over until that play is over (either ball dead or attacking team fouls. league also, in a sense, has this but each play is naturally shorter. wouldn't work in football for obvious reasons.

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
100 pages after a draw, £#%&! knows how many it'll be after a defeat.
2006 wants its settings back

And anyway, it's 94 ;-)

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
2006 wants its settings back

And anyway, it's 94 ;-)
Im on 32 tightwad

Unread 14-09-2010, 03:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Im on 32 tightwad
So am I - was replying to our obviously stuck in the past colleague

Unread 14-09-2010, 04:28 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

There are some that I imagine to have 1000 word posts pre-written just waiting for United to lose so they can roll them out and get their 'told you so's' and 'value ' in.
Don't think rafabio is who you're thinking of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

And anyway, it's 94 ;-)
Yeah but it's only 4.30 on a Tuesday.

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, but that's to be expected. I'm talking game changers and OTT tackles or incidents that were missed. It was pretty run of the mill really.

There was nowt worthy of a demotion imo.
I think it's one of the few things that is worthy of punishment. I'm always reluctant to be too critical of referees because it's not easy to see everything, but when they can't even apply the basic rules of the game, something does need to be done. It's not the first time Atkinson has done it, either. I'm pretty sure it was him in charge at Stamford Bridge last season, where he allowed play to continue while Ballack was down injured, until United got the ball and then he blew up. He also ended the game sharply at the end of the allotted injury time when Chelsea had taken the best part of a minute making a substitution. Refs will always get decisions wrong, but there's no excuse for such basic incompetence.