i like barca
How dare you...

Unread 16-07-2011, 01:47 PM
magic_cantona

Default Re: Barcelona - more than just a club... a model blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i like barca
I do, but there's a lot on here that think you can't admire the quality stuff they play without being totally tunnel-visioned about them and everything that may come with them.

Unread 16-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

did i ever mention that abelardo did nicky butt in 94? or that rivaldo is a diving @#%&! (OT 98)? or that koeman did blomqvist in 94? or that barcelona were a £#%&!ing disgrace in the 91 ECWC s/f against Juve? or that Iniesta the snide little @#%&! did Hargreaves off the ball? or that Paul Parker was monkey-chanted constantly in camp nou? or that United were £#%&!ing robbed (Marquez) in camp nou in 08 and still won the tie? or that stoichkov did david may... did i ever mention that not even one of these incidents was punished, and there's plenty more where they came from...

probably did, tbh

I quite admire elements of the Basque politics, but you don't get endless £#%&!ing %@#$&!s glorifying their struggles do you? not too sure what the difference is between outsiders bigging up barcelona cf cus of the region's struggles against fascism and singing two world wars and one world cup actually...

Unread 16-07-2011, 05:35 PM
andyroo

Ah yes, FC Barcelona, fighting bravely against Franco ever since he died.

Here's FC Barcelona proudly asserting their indepenence and fierce Catalan spirit by, er, giving Franco a Medal of Honour in 1972.

Unread 16-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Ah yes, FC Barcelona, fighting bravely against Franco ever since he died.

Here's Barcelona proudly asserting their indepenence and fierce Catalan spirit by, er, giving Franco a Medal of Honour in 1972.

yes i'm sure they weren't coerced into doing that in any way. they also changed the name of their football club completely voluntarily and were happy to do so.

Unread 16-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Pop

Xavi is a despicable @#%&!. When the Barca players are rolled out to tap up players at the request of the club hierarchy he's always first in line. Some of the stuff he's come out with over the past two years regarding Fabregas is £#%&!ing outrageous.

Dozy looking greasy @#%&!.

More than a club my arse, they can all £#%&! OFF and I'll be putting that in writing to them

Unread 16-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
incredibly, and rather disconcertingly, I agree with sparky

there are @#%&!ish things about all clubs, our included, but there's a lot to admire and learn from about barca.
An all time low.

Unread 16-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Xavi is a despicable @#%&!. When the Barca players are rolled out to tap up players at the request of the club hierarchy he's always first in line. Some of the stuff he's come out with over the past two years regarding Fabregas is £#%&!ing outrageous.

Dozy looking greasy @#%&!.

More than a club my arse, they can all £#%&! OFF and I'll be putting that in writing to them
yeah but what about franco

Unread 17-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Pop

Fat @#%&!.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddball...-box-with-161m
Quote:
On Friday the 64-year-old was revealed as the holder of the ticket that earned him and his wife Chris a record-breaking windfall from Tuesday night's lottery draw.

And despite being an avid fan of local regional team Largs, and Scottish First Division side Partick Thistle, Mr Weir has admitted it's now time to ditch the windswept stands of Firhill for the sun-kissed seats of Camp Nou.

Unread 29-07-2011, 06:04 PM
magic_cantona

A few of these are popping up on Twitter and the like:

TransfersManUtd ManUtdTransfers
Barcelona Goalkeeper Victor Valdes Urges Barca To Sign Man Utd Captain Vidic

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
A few of these are popping up on Twitter and the like:

TransfersManUtd ManUtdTransfers
Barcelona Goalkeeper Victor Valdes Urges Barca To Sign Man Utd Captain Vidic

So if a goalie came up to you and said "That centre half is tidy, sign him up" you'd forego your scouts and make an offer?

Barca are skint and can only afford one more signing. Defenders wouldn't be their priority.

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Sloane

Barca aren't skint

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Barca aren't skint
How do you know?

http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/...-fc-barcelona/

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Sparky***

don't think barca need a centre half - especially if they're playing us. They can just stick 5ft 6in javier mascherano in as a centre back and he can get his deckchair out.

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
cba going into it its been done loads of times already. thanks for the year old article from totalbarca though about one years financial performance audit

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
don't think barca need a centre half - especially if they're playing us. They can just stick 5ft 6in javier mascherano in as a centre back and he can get his deckchair out.

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
cba going into it its been done loads of times already. thanks for the year old article from totalbarca though about one years financial performance audit
Any time...

Unread 29-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Neo

I suppose Valdes has got a lot of time on his hands now that its pre season and he doesn't have to spend so much energy running up to the half-way line to get in the refs £#%&!ing ear everytime one of his hobbit teammates dives to the ground.

What better way to spend that free time than talking publicly about other clubs' players; its the Barca way after all, they must teach it in that £#%&!ing orphanage right after Tika-Taka class.

Unread 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Sandman

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]Ferguson says ‘there’s no sense’ saying Barcelona best of all time

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has had enough of all the talk about this Barcelona team being the best of all time.

Barcelona beat United 3-1 in last season’s Champions League final, giving the Catalan club their third title in six years.

“It’s certainly among the best sides of all time. But so was the Milan side with (Franco) Baresi, (Carlo) Ancelotti, (Roberto) Donadoni and the Dutch players,” Ferguson said, referring to the squad that Arrigo Sacchi coached to back-to-back European Cup titles in 1989 and 1990.

“There’s a short memory in football. Now everyone says Barcelona is a fantastic squad, but at the time they said the same thing about Milan,” Ferguson added in an interview in Corriere dello Sport on Tuesday, while he was in Rome to pick up an award.

“I don’t think there’s any sense in asking which is the best team of all time,” Ferguson added.

“The important thing is to remember that a certain squad was special. That makes me think of the Dutch squads in the 70’s, Bayern and Celtic, which beat Inter in the European Cup in 1967. That was a squad in which the players were born within a 25-kilometer radius.”

As for Jose Mourinho, Ferguson had nothing but compliments.

“I don’t find anything wrong with his enthusiasm,” Ferguson said. “When I was younger I showed more enthusiasm on the bench, too I was always gesticulating and directing.

“It’s Mourinho’s nature to be agitated,” Ferguson added.

“When I saw Mourinho run up and down the touchline at Old Trafford when he coached Porto, I said to myself, ‘Did I also use to do that?’ People recognize his enthusiasm, the fans understand that he’s fighting for them and for the squad.”
http://gulftoday.ae/portal/fb7d1e5b-...c89f0a96.aspx?
Closed Thread