Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I reckon Erik is still devastated the Qataris didn’t get in

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Q2o...90MnoxdjE5aWN4
My.manager

Unread 02-04-2024, 06:46 PM
croady26

Starting to sound like Bayern are intent on getting Nagelsmann back which is a real body blow to our hopes. Know he isn't rated by many on here but feel we need to get De Zerbi if scousers get Amorim.

Unread 02-04-2024, 06:52 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I reckon Erik is still devastated the Qataris didn’t get in

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Q2o...90MnoxdjE5aWN4
Closest I've ever been to becoming 'ten hag Out!'

Unread 03-04-2024, 12:44 AM
croady26

Think this injury to Martinez will make INEOS feel sorry for him and delay their decision until end of the season. By which point scousers will have secured Amorim/De Zerbi and Nagelsmann returns to Bayern. So we are left with the crumbs off their tables which is most likely to be Potter/Southgate

Unread 03-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Starting to sound like Bayern are intent on getting Nagelsmann back which is a real body blow to our hopes. Know he isn't rated by many on here but feel we need to get De Zerbi if scousers get Amorim.
Nobody really is rated on here tbf, especially so if you’re an ETH advocate.

Unread 03-04-2024, 05:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
Almost on a par with ‘let’s keep offing managers every two years, especially when my bloo mates start taking the piss giving me a hard time in the pub, then let’s laugh at were Chelsea are at cause unlike them we’re getting it right this time and rebuilding don’t you know’
I don't believe for a second you have any mates, blue or otherwise.

Unread 03-04-2024, 12:16 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
I don't believe for a second you have any mates, blue or otherwise.
Thanks, but I’m secure enough not to give a flying £#%&! what you think

Especially at seven minutes past five in a morning. Hope you weren’t up all
night pondering

Unread 03-04-2024, 12:49 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
Thanks, but I’m secure enough not to give a flying £#%&! what you think

Especially at seven minutes past five in a morning. Hope you weren’t up all
night pondering
I live in a different time zone. Think I gave your post about 11 seconds of my attention. At best.

Unread 03-04-2024, 07:48 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 03-04-2024, 08:09 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Here we go again.

Rashford fuming. Doesn’t Erik know how hard it is to train when you’ve had a skinful last night? The unreasonable Dutch git.

Unread 03-04-2024, 09:44 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
I live in a different time zone. Think I gave your post about 11 seconds of my attention. At best.
Will compare notes with your Mrs

Ps are you a mod

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I live in a different time zone.
Easier to snipe from.....

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:12 PM
marlo

Brentford were reduced to 5 shots against Brighton today. Against us they had 31!

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Brentford were reduced to 5 shots against Brighton today. Against us they had 31!
Gosh! Incredible! How many did Brighton end up winning by then?

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Brentford 0 - Brighton 0

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Gosh! Incredible! How many did Brighton end up winning by then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Brentford 0 - Brighton 0

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68723327
Quote:
Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag says players are struggling to perform at consistent levels because they are being "overloaded".

His side beat Liverpool 4-3 in the FA Cup but then struggled in a 1-1 draw with Brentford in their next game.

When asked to explain the contrasting displays, Ten Hag cited player workloads.

"The players get overloaded and can't bring the performances any more," the Dutchman said.

"We are already I think over the point of what we demand from our top players," he added.

Ten Hag said it was not just his side being affected and suggested the Manchester City team which drew with Arsenal at the weekend, where Kyle Walker and John Stones were absent, was "different" to the side United lost 3-1 to last month.

"You see the levels dropping with them [Manchester City] again, it was a different team to when we faced them, so yeah the levels with teams will drop at any moment if we keep going in this process by overloading the international programme," he said in a news conference before Thursday's Premier League game against Chelsea.

"You can't 100% avoid this, it's impossible, it depends on certain facts. Also you have national teams and so five times a year you give the players away and you don't have any impact.

"With some national teams we have very good connections, we manage the programmes, but there are also others who do what they want and you don't have anything in hand, but they are doing that."

Ten Hag also said his players "don't train too hard" between games so as not to further increase the demands on them.

"We need to be fit, the standards in this league, you need to be fit otherwise you can't match the standards that are required in a game. We don't train too hard," he explained.

The 2022 World Cup was staged in the middle of last season, leading to more fixture congestion domestically, and the United boss believes that is still having an impact.

"I know it still has an effect, the huge number of games in the last 18 months, it still has an impact on our squad, the accumulation on the players," he said.

Global player's union Fifpro has said football needs to do more to protect against "dangerous levels of fixture congestion".

Meanwhile world governing body Fifa is expanding its Club World Cup competition, while European football's governing body Uefa is increasing the size of the Champions League from next season.

Unread 03-04-2024, 11:15 PM
TreeFiddy

We’re out of Europe and just playing league and FA cup games this year. Shit excuse.

Unread 03-04-2024, 11:28 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
We’re out of Europe and just playing league and FA cup games this year. Shit excuse.
We’re still paying the toll of last year imo

Unread 04-04-2024, 12:01 AM
TreeFiddy

I agree that all teams are feeling the effects of non-stop football over the past few years.
But I don’t think that in any way explains our terrible performances for the past year.