United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-05-2024, 04:33 PM
Fat Al

I've been hoping against all hope that they will actually have to be punished, that the PL have been backed into a corner.
But the more I read, the longer it drags on, the more pessimistic I am about the whole affair.
I'm now of the opinion that the punishment will be something in the manner of a huge fine (which is of course utterly meaningless) and a large points deduction for every season the charges relate to, but that deduction will be suspended.
The PL will be able to tell everyone about the most severe punishment they've ever handed down & City can say they have been punished for their transgressions. Meanwhile absolutely nothing will have changed & those @#%&!s will keep everything they cheated to get.

Unread 20-05-2024, 04:44 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
I've been hoping against all hope that they will actually have to be punished, that the PL have been backed into a corner.
But the more I read, the longer it drags on, the more pessimistic I am about the whole affair.
I'm now of the opinion that the punishment will be something in the manner of a huge fine (which is of course utterly meaningless) and a large points deduction for every season the charges relate to, but that deduction will be suspended.
The PL will be able to tell everyone about the most severe punishment they've ever handed down & City can say they have been punished for their transgressions. Meanwhile absolutely nothing will have changed & those @#%&!s will keep everything they cheated to get.
Even that won't happen, there'll preach righteous indignation at being found guilty of anything, and they'll market it as justice and redemption in a couple of years when whatever punishment they get, if anything meaningful, no longer affects them and they start winning shit again. Then it will all be consigned to history.

Unread 20-05-2024, 05:18 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
That's the end of this league then

Unread 20-05-2024, 05:30 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
That's the end of this league then
You only just noticed?

Everyone with their noses in the PL trough was desperate for Arsenal to put one over City, just to maintain the illusion of a semblance of credibility to the PL. Nope.

So, everyone just shrugs. Lips service is paid to '115' in a few quiet corners and it's left to the bastions of truth and justice Paddy Power to call the whole shambles out for what it is.

Glory, glory.

Unread 20-05-2024, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
A committee made up of Noel Gallagher, Johnny Marr and Curly Watts.
I wonder if it'll be like the Court of arbitration case after UEFA banned them, where they got to pick their own judges

Unread 20-05-2024, 06:18 PM
magic_cantona

The feeling now of every football fan, on every thread, on every platform - is that they're cheats and a joke of a club. You don't see or hear neutrals giving them any credit for what they've achieved because its literally all built on cheating. They've ignored the rules, cooked the books, lied to the Premier League and thumbed their nose to anyone calling them out.

It's not sour grapes to say they've ruined the league with how they've acted. A state owned club, lying about what they've paid, lying about everything and then winning everything - hardly the the romantic stuff of dreams, is it? You look at what we've done, then look at those @#%&!s and it's absolute chalk and cheese. Other fans hate us because of what we've done but the hate is borne out of pure jealousy and envy buy there's also a respect. Look at City and nobody respects them. Nobody.

If they don't get punished, the Premier League is even more worthless than what City have made it now. They can't not get punished, surely?

Unread 20-05-2024, 06:47 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You only just noticed?

Everyone with their noses in the PL trough was desperate for Arsenal to put one over City, just to maintain the illusion of a semblance of credibility to the PL. Nope.

So, everyone just shrugs. Lips service is paid to '115' in a few quiet corners and it's left to the bastions of truth and justice Paddy Power to call the whole shambles out for what it is.

Glory, glory.
I noticed ages ago, sad to see this once competitive league ruined by a bunch of financial dopers

Unread 20-05-2024, 06:50 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
I noticed ages ago, sad to see this once competitive league ruined by a bunch of financial dopers

Unread 20-05-2024, 08:16 PM
magic_cantona

Thread

Unread 20-05-2024, 08:41 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Thread indeed. We can but hope.

Unread 20-05-2024, 09:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Thread indeed. We can but hope.
He seems pretty optimistic based on the independence of the panel

Unread 20-05-2024, 09:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

If they are taken down to whatever extent , how much of it will lead back to the CEO?

Just our luck that we finally get a CEO and back room staff to help with recruitment and running of the club and the guy most likely will have atleast been aware and therefore apart of city’s 115 charges?

Unread 20-05-2024, 10:26 PM
Zorg

Unread Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Mou Mou Land

I see Shearer and Wright have taken the Kool-Aid now. Apparently, the team are fantastic for winning the title with the pressure of all these charges hanging over the poor little darlings.
I'd expect it from Shearer because of his team's sponsors, but thought Wright would be more sensible.

Unread Yesterday, 09:49 AM
jem

Unread Yesterday, 07:57 PM
magic_cantona

Odds on relegation for next season......(skybet)

Unread Yesterday, 08:06 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Odds on relegation for next season......(skybet)

25/1 hmmm interesting

Unread Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
25/1 hmmm interesting
It's a con.
They're hoping to get punters lumping money on City getting relegated due to. a huge points deduction.
If they do get punished, it'll be expulsion from the league. Which the bookies will then say isn't relegation, so no payout.

Unread Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Vedder

Why are Chelsea 16/1 though

Unread Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Not being funny but did I not start the lance Armstrong comparison?

Fairly early mover on this and didn’t read it anywhere else.

Jussayin.